QB

OL

WR

TE

LB

CB

S

P

Not saying all of the above are guaranteed weak spots, but we certainly have no guarantee of success.

Beyond that, we have an offensive coaching staff that is unproven, and a defensive scheme change for the 4th? (or is it 5th?) season in a row.

Any ranking for us going into the season should be very very low. We'll see what happens in the pre-season, that'll give us some better clues as to what to expect.

We're always upset about our preseason rankings, and then someone says I hope it motivates the guys, and then we lose to Cleveland week 5 and our QB is injured for five weeks.

You'd think people would stop getting riled up about preseason rankings when they've essentially been correct about the Bills being near the bottom for the past 10+ years.

Edited by KD in CT

These rankings, like most, are pretty stupid. The Bills almost always pick between 9-11 which means that they are in the 22 range overall. Every year they are ranked lower than that which I guess doesn't matter. It is just isn't accurate. The team that picks 5th is a 4-5 win team. I can't see a situation where the Bills only win 4-5 games. 6 is possible but 7-9 wins is the most likely window IMO. If they live up to their talent it can even be higher. I just have a really hard time seeing them regressing in record.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

These rankings, like most, are pretty stupid. The Bills almost always pick between 9-11 which means that they are in the 22 range overall. Every year they are ranked lower than that which I guess doesn't matter. It is just isn't accurate. The team that picks 5th is a 4-5 win team. I can't see a situation where the Bills only win 4-5 games. 6 is possible but 7-9 wins is the most likely window IMO. If they live up to their talent it can even be higher. I just have a really hard time seeing them regressing in record.

I agree... Without 2-3 more personnel losses at key positions, I don't think their ranking is close...

Preseason rankings remind me a lot of draft grades... Haven't seen the team play a down of organized football yet and sports writers across the nation want to be the first to rank them...

We're always upset about our preseason rankings, and then someone says I hope it motivates the guys, and then we lose to Cleveland week 5 and our QB is injured for five weeks.

:lol: :lol: So true. Well said!

The difference between 28 and 24 means little and until we figure out if we have a reliable qb, and/or HC - we will show poorly in rankings

Pretty much. Another new defense, same question at QB, loss of Byrd and Kiko lands us in the bottom third. Would anyone feel warm and fuzzy inside about being ranked 24th instead?