Profootballtalk has Bills 28th in preseason power ranking

Kirby already did.... 6-10 is normally in the bottom 10, but not bottom 5.... but im not losing sleep over that gap, because really, whats the difference there. its on the outside looking to prove they deserve to get in either way - which is fair.

I agree that 24 is probably more realistic than 28 but also that the difference is meaningless.

People need to look at the Bills from the perspective of the outside world: 6-10, minus two of its best young stars on defense, plus a rookie WR who will only be as effective as the unproven QB can make him. That's what the world outside WNY sees and will continue to see until the Bills do better than 6-10.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until EJ and the Hackett prove they belong and that they can win, the Bills wont see any true love. Not really surprising. What is surprising is realizing how bad the bottom half of the AFC has become. I remember about 7 - 11 years agao, the same was true for the NFC. But still.......wow. I am interested to see where the Jets land. Hate to say it, but they have quietly stockpiled a lot of good young talent on defense.

I am participating in the Power Rankings at DraftTek this year. I have them beginning the season in 21st place, but I am the most optimistic of all of the Analysts, who average out at 26th place.

1 Seattle

2 Denver

3 San Francisco

4 New Orleans

5 Green Bay

6 New England

7 Cincinnati

8 Philadelphia

9 Chicago

10 Arizona

11 Indianapolis

12 Kansas City

13 San Diego

14 Atlanta

15 Baltimore

16 Detroit- [color=#0000ff]better[/color]

17 St Louis[color=#0000ff]-better[/color]

18 Carolina

19 Tampa Bay-[color=#0000ff]better[/color]

20 Dallas-[color=#0000ff]better[/color]

21 Houston-[color=#0000ff]better[/color]

22 Miami-[color=#0000ff]better[/color]

23 Pittsburgh-[color=#0000ff]better[/color]

24 NY Giants

25 NY Jets-[color=#0000ff]better[/color]

26 Buffalo

27 Washington

28 Minnesota

29 Cleveland

30 Oakland

31 Tennessee

32 Jacksonville

I see the Bills around 20th or so, as the Bills defense still should be a top 10 unit.

The Buc's might field a better defense, but Lovie usually stinks it up on offense. new coaching staff

The Dolphins are still in disarray, new HC after this year?

The Jets still in disarray with Geno, and no real run game. new HC after this year?

Dallas #32 in yards allowed, same DC and lost their best pass rusher. new HC after this year?

Tomlin might get canned at the end of this year

Sam Bradford really? 30th on offense last year

Houston, Fitz....defense should be better tho. new coaching staff

Detroit, new coaching staff. questionable defense

I'm sorta optimistic about this season. I don't see playoffs. However, I do see a winning season 8-8, or maybe a 9-7 season.

Winning solves all of this. Problem is, no one expects the team to win anymore. Like, its over. Team needs to change the perception, that will effect the reality. Win some d--n games, and after the "well, that is an aberration" and "well, Buffalo sucks in general" followup negativity subsides, then they will get the respect and rankings. Takes time and wins. Lots of wins.

Well, yea. That obviously answers the question of not having a proven HC or qb