What if EJ Is Really Good and Stays Healthy?

Gugny

Would a line up of Mike Williams, Sammy, Woods, Goodwin and Manual or Williams, Stevie, Woods, Goodwin and Bortles ( or another one of the early drafted QB's ) feel better right now. Somehow, reading about Manuel in OTA's is making me feel GREAT about the decision we made.

When he says he Is trying to remain even keeled and not too emotional he sounds like a true, mature leader. Being able to make throws in practice is becoming pleasantly familiar.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was like "grr, another EJ thread." But then I was like "I like this thread."

So many weapons. If this line is as good as I think it will be, he will have plenty of time to take advantage of those weapons. It could be a good year.

Then, some posters will be pissed off they were "wrong" and start threads about how to delete their accounts.

As one of those who's predicted Manuel's failure, I'll say this: I've been wrong before. Being wrong one additional time isn't likely to change how others see me. Nor would it change how I see myself.

But I'll also say this: in the past when I've been wrong, it's almost always been because things turned out worse than expected. Never or almost never because they turned out better than I thought they would.

I'm much more likely to be right about Manuel than I am to be wrong about him. But if I am wrong, I'll admit it like a man.

As one of those who's predicted Manuel's failure, I'll say this: I've been wrong before. Being wrong one additional time isn't likely to change how others see me. Nor would it change how I see myself.

But I'll also say this: in the past when I've been wrong, it's almost always been because things turned out worse than expected. Never or almost never because they turned out better than I thought they would.

I'm much more likely to be right about Manuel than I am to be wrong about him. But if I am wrong, I'll admit it like a man.

As one who doesn't 'predict the failure" of any players on the team, I don't understand the prediction of failure or the need to be right, or having to admit when you are wrong. But, I am glad you are willing to do that and expect the obligatory apology thread to EJ if/when the time comes :lol: However - I am not sure there is anyone who is has "predicted success" for EJ and can therefore claim they were "right." There are those who predict failure (and hope they are wrong) and those who don't know yet but have enough to go on that predicting failure is far too premature. The bottom line for me is - when will you know if you were wrong? If we make the playoffs this year? If he stays healthy and we win more than 6 games? It's only his second season, it is a work in progress. We have been waiting a long time since the 1999 season, but he has only been here 15 months. There will be times when he is good and times when he sucks this year. This is true of most NFL QBs. The pendulum will not always be swinging the same way. Edited by YoloinOhio

There will be much gnashing of teeth and many 'excuses' why he was good and lots of talk about how teams will be ready for him next year.

You're nuts. We're all Bills fans here. If EJ's good and stays healthy, 99.9% of this board will be jolly.

You're nuts. We're all Bills fans here. If EJ's good and stays healthy, 99.9% of this board will be jolly.

And you and the rest of the .1% will not.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I'm much more likely to be right about Manuel than I am to be wrong about him. But if I am wrong, I'll admit it like a man.[/]

Some people interpret a success a failure; while others interpret a failure a success. In other words beauty is in the eyes of the beheholder. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

And you and the rest of the .1% will not.

GO BILLS!!!

:w00t:

The complainers will always find a way to complain. I thought the Bills sucked because they lost SBs in the 90s. Granted, I was between 10 to 14 years, but mentally, that is the age of some posters.

I predict most of the QBs drafted this year won't be good. Odds are, I'm going to be more right than wrong. :)

Right, I forgot how much of a jolly poster you are.

And realistic, too. Don't forget realistic. It goes well with jolly. Indeed, jolly is required when being a realistic poster. Helps not to get mired in an intractable negative position.

GO BILLS!!!