What if EJ Is Really Good and Stays Healthy?

Gugny

As a seasoned veteran here, I would respectfully disagree with this math. Perfect example...Spiller puts up a monster season in 2012 and yet BEFORE the season ever began you and a few others were still slamming him. Threads were started to mock his 2000 yard goal and tear down his recent success.

EJ has even more haters...If EJ has a good year and we make the playoffs, there will still be a lot of haters saying it was the TEAM that made him good...hes a system guy...he can't continue it...he's due to get hurt again...etc etc.

Rather than celebrate him, some will still try and prove they are right about him not being the right guy. About the only chance of hitting the ratio of 99.9% is if we win the SB and he is SB MVP.

You are overestimating IMO.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a seasoned veteran here, I would respectfully disagree with this math. Perfect example...Spiller puts up a monster season in 2012 and yet BEFORE the season ever began you and a few others were still slamming him. Threads were started to mock his 2000 yard goal and tear down his recent success.

EJ has even more haters...If EJ has a good year and we make the playoffs, there will still be a lot of haters saying it was the TEAM that made him good...hes a system guy...he can't continue it...he's due to get hurt again...etc etc.

Rather than celebrate him, some will still try and prove they are right about him not being the right guy. About the only chance of hitting the ratio of 99.9% is if we win the SB and he is SB MVP.

Slamming CJ or expressing doubts? CJ had his fantastic year, and I was happy about that. But I saw the chinks in the armor. And we still went 6-10. If CJ had put up his 1600 and ran us all the way to the playoffs, the mood would have been better. No matter how good a player is, it's still a team game, and we're all rooting for the name on the front.

Just because I didn't think CJ would hit his 2000 yard goal (which was, and still is, insane) didn't mean I didn't think he "sucked, needs to be cut, etc." Any player who has a good year AND breaks our drought will have far less negative backlash than a player with a great year and a 6-10 finish.

Edited by FireChan

• 2 weeks later...

You are overestimating IMO.

I do like his math though. If we make the playoffs as a wild card and have a run of luck ( ??) and make it all the way to party at the super bowl ? that might be enough games to approach that yardage . It seems possible at least .

As one righteous poster here said , and a i paraphrase of course , i dont care how many yards he gets as long as we get to the superbowl .

Now I agree thats over estimated .

But it's possible .

I fell twice watching it

Careful.

Mods we really should have some warning labels attached .

That exploding head is giving me nightmares

Thanks for the link Heitz