Bills' Final Sale Price contest

Once the groups started forming (Oprah, Geffen, Magic, Ballmer, etc...) the projections started to rise. $1.6B was the 2nd highest bid which wasn't far off the projection as the sale got close. I think that $1.5B for the Bills would be similar to the $2B for the Clips. If someone is going to throw out a ludicrous number that dwarfs the others I believe that it will be a group that hasn't surfaced publicly. I don't think that it is likely that the numbers get too crazy but I think that it is very possible (20% chance) that the team is sold to someone that has not made their interest known.

Makes sense, here's how I see it:

Bills value has 2 components:

1. Stay in Buffalo

2. Option to Move

Stay in Buffalo I'm putting approx. $1.1B, option to move approx. $400-500 million, which is around your $1.5B. I get to $1.75B by adding the "trophy asset", "scarcity" premium.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 billion 235 million 510 thousand 100 dollars

I love how you wrote this out.

Is this what Pegula's check is going to say?

First Niagara Bank (checking account)

To: Mary Wilson

Amount: One billion, and two-hundred and thirty-five million, and five-hundred and ten thousand, one-hundred dollars, and no cents

Memo: Buying Bills

Washington Post article (linked on front page, sorry can't seem to link it on my phone), seems to think the Bills will sell much closer to their perceived value of a about 870 Million... My prediction, is Terry Pegula...the cost? Whatever it takes!

Washington Post article (linked on front page, sorry can't seem to link it on my phone), seems to think the Bills will sell much closer to their perceived value of a about 870 Million... My prediction, is Terry Pegula...the cost? Whatever it takes!

That figure looks kind of low, it doesn't sound right given that the Browns sold for much more.

I would be shocked if it goes under $1B with the groups involved.

Put down your best guess of the final sale price and winning bidder. You win bragging rights if it is within $50,000 (but you can't go over):

My guess is El Pegual, $1.45 Billion (and he'll throw in Leino as a Cotton Candy vendor)

we have to be within 50,000 right ? some bettors have invalid entries due to not respecting the decimal point lol .

1,000,000,000 . That ia how one Billion is written . No one has written a number that includes tens of thousands .

So win automatically because you are all potato heads