Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, all serious bidders will have financial advisors, but if I was making a bid for a professional sports team, I would want one of the top investment banks in this area, which would include Goldman.

Sure, all serious bidders will have financial advisors, but if I was making a bid for a professional sports team, I would want one of the top investment banks in this area, which would include Goldman.

Pegula hired THE guy is sports sales.

"He's certainly hired one of the best-known sports investors there is in the country," Walker said by phone on Wednesday. "That would go a long way toward possible success in Mr. Pegula's ability to buy the Buffalo Bills."
http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/future-of-the-bills/2014/07/02/sabres-owners-looking-at-buying-bills-make-hire/12107839/ Edited by TheTruthHurts

There is nothing Jerry Jones respects more than money

Jerry might be a stereotypical tycoon in image, but he's actually a really good guy by all accounts.

I know a few folks that have spent time with him away from football and they all said he's wonderful to be around...and my friends really aren't the type he'd have anything to gain financially by schmoozing.

For the fans sake and city of Buffalo for all it has endured, the "selection team of 4" can not allow JBJ group to win the bid. He never wanted to keep the team in Buffalo so any trust that he would for the extended future would be a serious leap of faith, one that should outright eliminate him in the bidding process. Go with one of the Buffalo guys..whomever that would be. Buffalo is easily one of the BEST sports towns in the country!

Based on that info, you would have to think pegula knew what he was doing hiring a "seller" instead of a "buyer".

The guy is gonna know the books since he has been involved in major league sports deals before and can tell pegula what he's getting in a minute.

Based on that info, you would have to think pegula knew what he was doing hiring a "seller" instead of a "buyer".

The guy is gonna know the books since he has been involved in major league sports deals before and can tell pegula what he's getting in a minute.

I'd agree with this. I think the Bills are his to lose.