Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Sal now part of the "trust us we have sources" group as well?

Is he part of The Big Lie being orchestrated to move the team covertly?

Or are we now ready to admit that this team isn't going anywhere?

There is a huge difference between believing the sources/info and not trusting Bon Jovi, etc. They both can be correct, no? In order to be eligible to buy the team, they need to do the dance.

As has been said, Bon Jovi can walk up to me and tell me to my face he want to be the Bills owner and keep them in Buffalo and I wouldnt believe him. Rogers and MLSE have really got to have zero interest in owning a team and not swinging for the fences with Toronto.

Edited by May Day 10

So is Sal now part of the "trust us we have sources" group as well?

Is he part of The Big Lie being orchestrated to move the team covertly?

Or are we now ready to admit that this team isn't going anywhere?

Sal says the Bills are staying. OF COURSE THEY ARE STAYING. We have a lease until 2020! This is not news

Didn't someone say from the group that is vetting buyers that there are bids from buyers that no one has ever heard of and not in the media and have super super deep pockets where this purchase is not even going to make them blink? I wouldn't worry about the team moving. There is no where to move to. Forget LA that is not going to happen.

I don't understand why this is so complicated.

The Toronto group could be hiding its true intentions and telling everyone who will listen that they won't move the team. People report this.

The people who are reporting it are just reporting what they hear. They are not trying to mislead or in on some conspiracy. They are simply passing along information.

However, that doesn't mean that the Toronto group isn't lying through its teeth.

When people say that they don't buy the Toronto group's story that is NOT an attack on any sources/reporters/etc. It is an attack on (if anyone) the Toronto group's honesty.

There is a huge difference between believing the sources/info and not trusting Bon Jovi, etc. They both can be correct, no? In order to be eligible to buy the team, they need to do the dance.

As has been said, Bon Jovi can walk up to me and tell me to my face he want to be the Bills owner and keep them in Buffalo and I wouldnt believe him. Rogers and MLSE have really got to have zero interest in owning a team and not swinging for the fences with Toronto.

The point that many of us have been making is that their word isn't going to be enough.

How that gets ignored in this whole brouhaha is beyond me.

Didn't someone say from the group that is vetting buyers that there are bids from buyers that no one has ever heard of and not in the media and have super super deep pockets where this purchase is not even going to make them blink? I wouldn't worry about the team moving. There is no where to move to. Forget LA that is not going to happen.

That group is out there for sure, and if the name(s) ever surface it'll be fun to see the reactions.

You're right though; the team isn't moving.

I don't understand why this is so complicated.

The Toronto group could be hiding its true intentions and telling everyone who will listen that they won't move the team. People report this.

The people who are reporting it are just reporting what they hear. They are not trying to mislead or in on some conspiracy. They are simply passing along information.

However, that doesn't mean that the Toronto group isn't lying through its teeth.

When people say that they don't buy the Toronto group's story that is NOT an attack on any sources/reporters/etc. It is an attack on (if anyone) the Toronto group's honesty.

Why do you believe that "We swear" is going to be good enough? Not one person claiming subterfuge has explained that.

Give us the name right now, just so we can see the reactions. :ph34r:

What makes you think I have the name?

The point that many of us have been making is that their word isn't going to be enough.

How that gets ignored in this whole brouhaha is beyond me.

We understand that the word (being circulated by the Toronto people on down to your sources and then to you) is that they will not move the team. We don't believe it for a second. Here are the facts:

1. They have to say they won't move the team. It's part of the lease that they cannot be intent on moving the team

2. There is an iron-clad lease deal, nobody in their right mind would say they are moving the team when they know they are stuck in Buffalo for 6 more years

3. Knowing this, the Toronto group is doing whatever it can to spread the propaganda that hey we are nice guys we won't move your team. Which is true, they won't...for 6 more years

4. The NFL will not be expanding. This is Toronto's only chance to get a team for possibly the next 10-20 years. Rogers and MLSE cannot deny their city and their customers the chance to have their own team. It would hurt their reputation and their businesses. If they become owners, they need to deliver a team to the city of Toronto and maybe more importantly to the country of Canada

I know its not a public bid, but will/would Johnny Bon Bon and his Billionaire pals have any legal recourse if their competitive/higher bid is rejected for reasons of relocation, even though they go on record saying they are staying in Buffalo?

I know its not a public bid, but will/would Johnny Bon Bon and his Billionaire pals have any legal recourse if their competitive/higher bid is rejected for reasons of relocation, even though they go on record saying they are staying in Buffalo?

No they can sell to whoever they want to. They can sell it for $1 if they wanted. But then Mary couldn't afford her tennis lessons

We understand that the word (being circulated by the Toronto people on down to your sources and then to you) is that they will not move the team. We don't believe it for a second. Here are the facts:

1. They have to say they won't move the team. It's part of the lease that they cannot be intent on moving the team

2. There is an iron-clad lease deal, nobody in their right mind would say they are moving the team when they know they are stuck in Buffalo for 6 more years

3. Knowing this, the Toronto group is doing whatever it can to spread the propaganda that hey we are nice guys we won't move your team. Which is true, they won't...for 6 more years

4. The NFL will not be expanding. This is Toronto's only chance to get a team for possibly the next 10-20 years. Rogers and MLSE cannot deny their city and their customers the chance to have their own team. It would hurt their reputation and their businesses. If they become owners, they need to deliver a team to the city of Toronto and maybe more importantly to the country of Canada

Not a single thing you mentioned answers my question as to why you think their word is goin to be enough for the trust or the NFL.

From what I understand no they would not

No they can sell to whoever they want to. They can sell it for $1 if they wanted. But then Mary couldn't afford her tennis lessons

That's not correct--they have certain responsibilities regarding what's an acceptable bid money-wise

Not a single thing you mentioned answers my question as to why you think their word is goin to be enough for the trust or the NFL.

Are they going to pinky swear? We have not heard otherwise. Please enlighten us if you have any info on that but I'm not expecting them to have anything in place that can't later be broken by powerful lawyers and greedy NFL owners looking to expand to Canada's most populated city. They will just say at a later time that Toronto is in the Buffalo area because it's only 2 hours away. I have heard that argument before

Bandit, is there a head bashing emoji that you can access with an iPhone?

Just type ":" followed immediately by "wallbash" and another ":"

:wallbash:

Are they going to pinky swear? We have not heard otherwise. Please enlighten us if you have any info on that but I'm not expecting them to have anything in place that can't later be broken by powerful lawyers and greedy NFL owners looking to expand to Canada's most populated city. They will just say at a later time that Toronto is in the Buffalo area because it's only 2 hours away. I have heard that argument before

Okay, I give up, you are right, it's all one big elaborate ruse and everyone but you is falling for it.

Bandit -- I think those of us on the "we don't trust anyone from Toronto" side of this argument are really struggling with simply having faith in an unnamed source with no release of any specific information to validate that statement, albeit from a reputable TBD poster (Kirby Jax).

Faith is a tough thing, blind faith is even harder !

You have to admit on the surface, the idea of a couple of Toronto based Canadian billionaires wanting to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo after the lease expires, is a bit of a stretch, right ? All bidders have been told not to bid if they don't have a long term plan to keep the team in Buffalo, so, if I'm them, I put together a long term Buffalo plan, will the plan ever get executed, in my opinion, probably not, but I have my plan to prove to the trust, that I've done my due diligence and followed the rules.

Again, if Kirby Jackson could or would name names and give all of us the details that make him so comfortable in his opinion, it might be easier for us to fall in line behind he, you and others who are so comfortable. I understand why he can't and I respect him for being confidential, but, for me, at this point, it's too much to ask in the face for a fairly reasonable and quite logical scenario of a couple Toronto billionaires duping the trust and later moving the team.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Why do you believe that "We swear" is going to be good enough? Not one person claiming subterfuge has explained that.

I am just suspicious of the true intentions of the NFL and its club of owners.

I admit that I am pessimistic, maybe even a bit paranoid about this topic... maybe it's a defense mechanism.

I hope to be proven wrong.

But just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

Bandit -- I think those of us on the "we don't trust anyone from Toronto" side of this argument are really struggling with simply having faith in an unnamed source with no release of any specific information to validate that statement, albeit from a reputable TBD poster (Kirby Jax).

Faith is a tough thing, blind faith is even harder !

You have to admit on the surface, the idea of a couple of Toronto based Canadian billionaires wanting to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo after the lease expires, is a bit of a stretch, right ? All bidders have been told not to bid if they don't have a long term plan to keep the team in Buffalo, so, if I'm them, I put together a long term Buffalo plan, will the plan ever get executed, in my opinion, probably not, but I have my plan to prove to the trust, they've I've done my due diligence.

Especially if those billionaires have dreamed of bringing the NFL to Toronto for a decade + now and finally it's so close they can taste it... it just doesn't add up

Edited by TheFunPolice