Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

Well he's getting awfully specific, so it sure seems like he knows something.

He's probably talking to other owners who are making educated guesses I would imagine. I still don't take the Bon Jovi **** seriously. If you have to run around telling everyone...i wanna buy a team, I promise ill keep them in town, look at me! You are not a serious bidder. The ones you don't hear much about...other than short statements that yes they will be bidding...are the ones who will be owners.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 1m

Report: Bills could go for at least $1.1 billion (bet the over, whatever it is) http://bit.ly/1n4UNUc

Pegula has $1.75 Billion in cash from his recent land sale. I bet that check is burning a hole in his wallet

I still don't see how Princess Jon Jon has the liquidity to become primary owner. It doesn't add up.

I bet there is some kind of deal where Tannenbaum and Rogers are going to front him some of the money for his agreement to move to Toronto and for his soul.

Did you see the Simpson's episode where Bart sells his soul for $5? It's going to be similar to that

Edited by kdiggz

I suspect that the NFL and Bon Joves, etc have a backroom deal. They are going to drive up fear and the sale/bid price, but not successfully get the team.

Then down the line when they have their ducks in line for a facility, etc, Toronto, specifically the Bon Jovi group will be first in line for expansion.

It is kind of suspect that Bon Jovi stuff seems to get leaked all the time when things are most quiet.

Pegula has $1.75 Billion in cash from his recent land sale. I bet that check is burning a hole in his wallet

I bet there is some kind of deal where Tannenbaum and Rogers are going to front him some of the money for his agreement to move to Toronto and for his soul.

Did you see the Simpson's episode where Bart sells his soul for $5? It's going to be similar to that

Hahaha. In all seriousness, if they give him the money, they are the ones spending it and he doesn't have enough to call himself the primary.

I don't think he has enough to own more than 10% of the team, maybe more if he has financing that the NFL clearly doesn't want to be a major part of the sale.

I suspect that the NFL and Bon Joves, etc have a backroom deal. They are going to drive up fear and the sale/bid price, but not successfully get the team.

Then down the line when they have their ducks in line for a facility, etc, Toronto, specifically the Bon Jovi group will be first in line for expansion.

It is kind of suspect that Bon Jovi stuff seems to get leaked all the time when things are most quiet.

One part of me says that this is the kind of world-class conspiracy-theory imagination that Buffalo Bills fans are famous for. The other part of me wonders if you're right.

Hahaha. In all seriousness, if they give him the money, they are the ones spending it and he doesn't have enough to call himself the primary.

I don't think he has enough to own more than 10% of the team, maybe more if he has financing that the NFL clearly doesn't want to be a major part of the sale.

I think they will front him $100 million in whatever way they can legally. Maybe they will buy the rights to his song collection, which would be an overbid by about $99,999,999.99. Then they will give it back to him for free. I'm sure there's ways around it. This is an evil organization. They are doing something evil as we speak. Sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their heads, I'm tellin' ya!

Put it this way: if Rogers, Bon Jovi, and Tannenbaum showed up at my house and promised me face to face that they suddenly are devoted to keeping the Bills in Buffalo I still would not believe them.

Yep- I don't trust these guys any further than I can throw them. And I'm not throwing anyone very far these days because of my bad knee.

He's probably talking to other owners who are making educated guesses I would imagine. I still don't take the Bon Jovi **** seriously. If you have to run around telling everyone...i wanna buy a team, I promise ill keep them in town, look at me! You are not a serious bidder. The ones you don't hear much about...other than short statements that yes they will be bidding...are the ones who will be owners.

Well put.

My guess on this is that they took a look at the financials and saw what the Bills bring in with revenue and got encouraged. They know or believe that they can up that number significantly in Toronto. That is why Rogers is now in, too. They see a good investment. A decent investment in Buffalo but a great one in Toronto. That is why they are not to be trusted. At this point, we just really need to hope that Pegula's bid is enough to take the prize. We really need the estate trust to want to preserve the legacy of having the team remain Buffalo and we have to have faith (I know this is a stretch) in the political might of NYS state to put the clamps on the NFL and Goodell to ensure they remain in Buffalo. But, basically, I see this as a horse race between that TO group and Pegula.

I am not sure Forbes knows everything a person has assets of. If JBJ bought shares of say Apple when it was 12.50 a share in '97 he could easily have enough to pay for his share now(and that is just one company). I doubt anyone really knows what his finances are or everything he has invested in. So to say the math doesn't add up seems a little misguided. We have no idea what what he has done with his money and since he has had a lot since the mid '80s anything is possible.

I would suspect that if he knows the rules of the NFL ownership requirements he has the money needed to be the primary owner.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

This for sure. Even if he did not, the hired consultant would let them know in about 5 minutes.

Yep- I would believe that Goldman Sacs would walk him to the door pretty quickly. But the backing of Rogers and his 10 billion probably keeps him in the room. then again, they are getting a cut of the pie whether he wins the bid or not.

Lucky for us fans, we have a dedicated guy with liquid cash on hand that can buy the team and build a stadium if he feels the need to.

He is only 1/3 of the group. 2/3 is made up of TORONTO business men who are fronting him the money with the intention of bringing a team to Toronto. It is hilarious that anyone would think otherwise

The media doesn't care about that. All they see is Bon Jovi wanting to be an NFL owner. That's the story. They know the people that read this stuff aren't interested in the details or that there are other investors.

Especially when nobody even knows the names of those investors. It's all about the former rock star who wants to own an NFL franchise. That is the headline.