Fitzpatrick named Texans Starting QB

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to see he started 53 games in Buffalo... seemed high to me at first glance.

I was surprised to see he started 53 games in Buffalo... seemed high to me at first glance.

He filled in for Trent all those times during the Jauron era.

Fitz is under center, he drops back, reading his progressions, and oh my he's just thrown his third interception to Joe Hayden, the pro bowl CB for the Browns.

Well it's not Fitz's day today with any pass over 15 yards. He's a smart guy with a perfect Wonderlick score, but just can't seem to make those difficult throws.

Ok all kidding aside, he seems to be a nice guy, good family man, but has just been over his head. If he just stayed in that back up role, playing no more than a couple games a year, he would have been fine, and could play for 15 years. Putting him in the starting role again is tough.

What he has going for him is the AFC South is so bad, he should get a couple of wins off of Jax, and TN. Indy's is a coast to the AFC South title.

To be clear, I don't hate Fitz. It was mgmt's fault for picking him as the starting QB. They could have added to the draft. As much as a I liked Buddy over the previous GM's, it's his fault he did not choose a QB in one of his years there. We all know the guys that are starters he could have found.

Nice guy and I wish him the best, but if you can't throw the ball downfield in the NFL, good defenses will shut you down.

our offense was certainly limited, but i dont know that it was ever quite as shut down as a lot of posters remember - and given our weapons on the outside it wasnt all fitz. We werent dictating to other teams, but we were functional. It just wasnt a unit that could carry the team, and the defense was a mess. Give him a better receiving group, similarly talented backs, and a much better defense, and we may be seeing the texans with a very similar record to us come december (ideally a wildcard contender, pending health, and how lady luck makes the ball bounce a few times). thats about his ceiling though. which isnt enough long term, but for the texans for a year is nice to have.

Fitz and Gailey had a better concept for the offense (disregard the errand runner who was designated the O Coordinator) than EJ and whoever the current O Coordinator is. I think Gailey made Fitz as good as Fitz could ever be. And obviously it wasn't enough. Carrying this further, maybe EJ's problems last year were due as much to the O Coordinator than his own limitations and inexperience.

I am happy for Fitz and wish him the best.

Heck yes

Go Ryan !

We all have to admire how Fitz has carved out a career in the NFL.

Honestly we should respect the man. he never gave up on the team and played his as hard as one could hope for .

Shame on those who badmouth him .

I think most people are just joking around.

Fitz is a guy I genuinely hopes does well. Great guy and class act.

There ya go

Saw Fitz talking about being named starter on the tube. And you have to give the guy credit. he was always a gamer. And he does get another shot. So good for him.

But, then the coach was on and one of his remarks that stood out was that One of the reasons Fitz got the starting job was his ACCURACY.

really? How can that be? Like someone else mentioned they probably did not look at his Bills years game film. Or is this his year based on OTA'S?

Saw Fitz talking about being named starter on the tube. And you have to give the guy credit. he was always a gamer. And he does get another shot. So good for him.

But, then the coach was on and one of his remarks that stood out was that One of the reasons Fitz got the starting job was his ACCURACY.

really? How can that be? Like someone else mentioned they probably did not look at his Bills years game film. Or is this his year based on OTA'S?

When he didn't have to heave it down the field or use all his body to zip a pass in - he was generally accurate. Especially compared to low tier starters. The issue was arm strength.

Compared to the top 10-15 qbs he's no good, compared to qbs 16-96 he's pretty high up there in a lot of dimensions, and none of the guys in that group are complete.