Fitzpatrick named Texans Starting QB

No wonder Andre Johnson is holding out. :lol:

@ProFootballTalk

Ken Whisenhunt dumped him, Bill O'Brien embraces him; Ryan Fitzpatrick is named the starter in Houston http://wp.me/p14QSB-9veZ

:lol:

@TomPelissero

AFC South starting quarterbacks in 2014 will include Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne and (probably) Jake Locker. Cover your children's eyes.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On what might be a less talented roster in buffalo he was never in the running for #1 pick status. Likely a 7-9/8-8 type of squad with him

Based on what I saw last year, I'd say that Fitz's game has gone downhill since his time with the Bills.

Not saying much with the likes of Case Keenum and TJ Yates on the roster.

Agreed. Just think if he can lean on the run game and defense he can be competitive. Just keep him out of 2 minute drills where he has to make a big play to win the game. We asked him to win games - not an unreasonable request, but he's not that guy.

Based on what I saw last year, I'd say that Fitz's game has gone downhill since his time with the Bills.

I'll be honest, I didn't see much of the titans but the little but I did looked familiar still. Might it be your hope and unreasonable optimism as a bills fan had left the equation? Or was he that much worse?

Edited by NoSaint

Agreed. Just think if he can lean on the run game and defense he can be competitive. Just keep him out of 2 minute drills where he has to make a big play to win the game. We asked him to win games - not an unreasonable request, but he's not that guy.

I'll be honest, I didn't see much of the titans but the little but I did looked familiar still. Might it be your hope and unreasonable optimism as a bills fan had left the equation? Or was he that much worse?

From what I saw it was same ol' Fitz. The Titans' run game just wasn't as good as ours.

No wonder Andre Johnson is holding out. :lol:

@ProFootballTalk

Ken Whisenhunt dumped him, Bill O'Brien embraces him; Ryan Fitzpatrick is named the starter in Houston http://wp.me/p14QSB-9veZ

:lol:

@TomPelissero

AFC South starting quarterbacks in 2014 will include Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chad Henne and (probably) Jake Locker. Cover your children's eyes.

Look for an Andre Johnson trade demand or retirement in 3...2...1...

Agreed. I did see a bit of Fitz last year...a lot of what we saw in Buffalo. A guy who makes just enough plays to make you think, maybe, just maybe, he can pull the game out...put up okay numbers, but was a turnover machine in the clutch.