Fitzpatrick named Texans Starting QB

Once upon a time I described him as a guy that could turn a 2 win roster into 4 wins but a 12 win team into 9.... Just kind of steady in that pocket where he wont let the wheels come off when it's ugly but he'd be the limiting factor on a really good team.

His win percentage is pretty close in line with matt stafford or Sam Bradford even - guys you wouldn't pick to lead your team but wouldn't be your last pick in the nfl either.

Right on, never hated him never loved him

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that he was the first Titans QB to post 3 consecutive games with a 100+ passer rating. The Titans managed to win only one of those. My thought was always that he was a better QB than he was as a passer. It's no coincidence that the best football many of his teammates will ever play was with Fitz as their QB. This applies to CJ, Freddie, SJ, Chandler and ther rest of their noname receiving corp, and guys like Urbik, Levitre, and Pears. In situations that require him to totally rely on has passing ability, he is more than likely going to be the first to fail, which is often in a clutch setting such as NE II and the Titans games in 2012.

Yes, he can be a gunslinger in a shootout but "Boot Hill" is most likely his final resting place. QBs that are truly terrible never even make it into the shootout. I like the guy and I think he is the type of QB that can be a good template to build an offense around until someone more talented can step in and take over. If he has some success with the Texans, I'm ok with that, as long as it's not against the Bills.

Note to Andre Johnson: Fitz will force the ball to you enough for you to have a good season. I doubt SJ ever sees 1,000+ yards again.

Nothing personal against Fitz but nice guys who can't play do little for me.

I'm glad I'm a Bills fan and not a Texan's.

Their season is over before it begins.

At least we don't know for sure what we've got and are still finding out. Makes for more interest.

Right. Let's dump EJ because of an up and down rookie season.

Geniuses.

Ej has far more upside than fitz- unfortunately he probably has more potential downside too. I don't think he will FAIL but there is a chance he doesn't end up as good as fitz when it's said and done. Unlike fitz there's also a chance he ends up being a guy that could carry a team.

Ej has far more upside than fitz- unfortunately he probably has more potential downside too. I don't think he will FAIL but there is a chance he doesn't end up as good as fitz when it's said and done. Unlike fitz there's also a chance he ends up being a guy that could carry a team.

I agree with all of this. Gimme the possible upside over the hopelessness of the cannon all day everyday.

Where did anyone say that?

What do you want FChan?

Never use a 1st pick on a QB?

Never draft a QB?

Evaluate any rookie after one season?

Only pursue proven free agent QB's?

Am I missing one? What are the choices?

Edited by HoF Watkins

I have a spot for him in my septic tank.

Dude really ?

I thought your septic tank was rather full . Nearly overflowing into Two Bills drive way.

Might want to call a guy.

:nana:

I read somewhere that he was the first Titans QB to post 3 consecutive games with a 100+ passer rating. The Titans managed to win only one of those. My thought was always that he was a better QB than he was as a passer. It's no coincidence that the best football many of his teammates will ever play was with Fitz as their QB. This applies to CJ, Freddie, SJ, Chandler and ther rest of their noname receiving corp, and guys like Urbik, Levitre, and Pears. In situations that require him to totally rely on has passing ability, he is more than likely going to be the first to fail, which is often in a clutch setting such as NE II and the Titans games in 2012.

Yes, he can be a gunslinger in a shootout but "Boot Hill" is most likely his final resting place. QBs that are truly terrible never even make it into the shootout. I like the guy and I think he is the type of QB that can be a good template to build an offense around until someone more talented can step in and take over. If he has some success with the Texans, I'm ok with that, as long as it's not against the Bills.

Note to Andre Johnson: Fitz will force the ball to you enough for you to have a good season. I doubt SJ ever sees 1,000+ yards again.

Brother , that is one hell of a post . The whole enchilada.

But i agree one hundred and two percent about the bolded

Edited by 3rdand12

I hope the guy's percentage of successful septic tank repairs is better than 27 and 49.

:)

LOL ! I get ya

Clowney and JJ should give Fitz good field position. Short , quick passes could be enough.

Clowney may not see the field much for awhile. Based upon injury and losing some get aquainted to the NFL time with his team.

Short quick passes may not cut it . I mean its not like Titans have my boy Gailey down there !

do they ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Based on what I saw last year, I'd say that Fitz's game has gone downhill since his time with the Bills.

I thought he had improved a bit over 2012 - closer to how he played in 2011 in B'lo except he kept a bit more lid on his INTs and he scrambled less.

Still, same ol' Fitz - good enough to make a play, fighting heart, good enough to keep the team in a game, nasty habit of throwing costly picks at a critical time.

Edited by Hopeful