Sunday Ticket - Share Your Strategy Time...

Griz

Date Activity

07/15/14 Charged for NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2014.

07/15/14 Started credits for Save $10 for 12 months.

07/15/14 Started credits for Save $5 for 6 months.

Sunday ticket was $240, credits are $150. I spent @10 minutes on the phone with a pleasant young lady. When she answered I just asked what was the best deal she could give me on the ticket. No threats to leave, etc. may not be the best deal, but I'm happy. Now, Go Bills!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your bill folks. I was told that I was getting the Sunday ticket free by a rep (after going up the chain). Today I got my bill and they are charging. Spent another hour on the phone with them today. They are listening to my call to verify. All that to say, check your deals, for those of you that got a deal.

Didn't do as well as last year as I received the Ticket for free and Genie upgrade for free also. This year received $25 off Ticket for 6 months plus getting all movies channels for $12 for 6 months and a couple other minor discounts. Didn't feel like fighting too much this year

I just had to cancel, they did not work with me at all, I tried to work with him, but he said he had his hands tied. Oh well, I guess I will be at the local bar for the games this year.

Wow. They called your bluff, eh? I've never heard of this happening. Usually they will at least throw you some money off your bill or free movie channels even if they don't budge on the ST. The bad thing is....you probably will end up paying more at the bar for food and drinks than you would have if you paid full price for the ST.

Sorry dude.

Check your bill folks. I was told that I was getting the Sunday ticket free by a rep (after going up the chain). Today I got my bill and they are charging. Spent another hour on the phone with them today. They are listening to my call to verify. All that to say, check your deals, for those of you that got a deal.

Looked at my bills last night..and it was accurate. Still a charge on their for the Max, but that was my deal with them

I'm moving down to westchester county area next week. I'm trying to see if we can survive without cable tv for awhile. Anyone got any tips on how to watch out of market bills games?

I read online that if you live in an area where you cannot access direct tv, you get get just Sunday ticket for~200 a season. My condo won't let us put up satellite so I'm going to try that.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Would it be possible to wAtch out of market bills games live on Verizon premium on the nfl app?

Wow. They called your bluff, eh? I've never heard of this happening. Usually they will at least throw you some money off your bill or free movie channels even if they don't budge on the ST. The bad thing is....you probably will end up paying more at the bar for food and drinks than you would have if you paid full price for the ST.

Sorry dude.

They wanted $240 for the football package, plus the 480 per year ($40 x 12 months for basic programming) So $720 per year. I get at least 2, usually 4 on regulat TV and I go to a few games each year, so for those 6-8 games I was paying 90-120 per game.

Actually it may work out cheaper, I usually have a about 6-8 other people that come, I make 10-15 lbs of wings and other stuff, this may actually save more than the 90-120 per game. Although I will miss converting the Jets/Giant fans here into Bills fans.

Edited by Guffalo

I called-- they said $8.00 a month off was the best they could do.askd for retention. Been a long time consumer, retired, fixed income and day one NFL Ticket. Girl said hold. Came back and said thank you for being loyal. Free for the year. What more could I say. Thank you Direct TV.

I got half off ST Max so paying I believe it is around $170? plus $10 off regular bill. I'm still under contract, so hands are somewhat tied. Next summer I'll have more leverage, can easily say cancel as should not be under any contract then. I'm still not happy with my regular bill as some discounts have ended and my bill has gone up around $30 a month since March and in another month another $15 discount will be ending. But the guy told me right now that's the best he can do as the system shows I am still getting these discounts, so none other available. He told me to call back after the $15 credit ends, as they may be able to do something then.

Two years ago, I had same thing happen, had a deal all worked out. Was happy with it, but they didn't honor it, so had to call back again and fight some more.

I got half off ST Max so paying I believe it is around $170? plus $10 off regular bill. I'm still under contract, so hands are somewhat tied. Next summer I'll have more leverage, can easily say cancel as should not be under any contract then. I'm still not happy with my regular bill as some discounts have ended and my bill has gone up around $30 a month since March and in another month another $15 discount will be ending. But the guy told me right now that's the best he can do as the system shows I am still getting these discounts, so none other available. He told me to call back after the $15 credit ends, as they may be able to do something then.

Two years ago, I had same thing happen, had a deal all worked out. Was happy with it, but they didn't honor it, so had to call back again and fight some more.

I also was unhappy with my bill...even after receiving some additional discounts. I did some research and downgraded from the 'Ultimate' package to the 'choice' package. I realized that while I lost nearly 50 channels in the switch, I only recognized 2 of those channels. I saved myself an additional 15 dollars/month off my bill.

It has been 4 days now and my wife hasn't even noticed.

a little OT, but Wednesday I really started to notice the DVR on the back deck was really slow, and went on the DTV website, clicked a link, said i was eligible for an upgrade at no charge, thing was sitting on my porch the next day by 10 AM!

I spent not 1 red cent....absolutely Best Customer Service ever that company.

I am a fios customer. Anyone have luck getting the streaming service for NFL Sunday ticket without putting a dish on the roof? They keep wanting to send someone out to take a look. They say i have to have no line of site to get this offer. It's stupid they don't want 350 bucks. I would pay the whole thing up front.

Edited by kota

Just cancelled as well...best they would do is knock $8 off the $40 monthly charge. I got much better deals in the past, so now they get no money as opposed to a reasonable amount. Poor business...

A bit unrelated to the topic, but...

I called Comcast and got $10 off my internet bill for 12 months.

I called Verizon, and got my monthly phone bill down from $182.50 to $117.50.

Each time I merely asked the customer service representative if there were any promotions or discounts for loyal, reliable paying customers. It is amazing what you can get sometimes if you just ask. Along with the money I saved with my call to DTV, I will be saving over $100 off my monthly bills. I never had to threaten cancellation or get even the slightest bit pushy. Amazing...

Just cancelled as well...best they would do is knock $8 off the $40 monthly charge. I got much better deals in the past, so now they get no money as opposed to a reasonable amount. Poor business...

I have no idea what this means...i am guessing neither did they

This happened to me today. Called to get it straightened out but when the first rep spoke to me I didn't even bring up the messed up bill, just told her I wanted to cancel so I would get Retention because they can straighten the bill out much faster than a regular rep. She passed me to Retention and the guy I spoke with took about 10 minutes to figure out that my original rep who was supposed to enter in the code for the free ticket punched in the wrong one. He credited everything back to the account to fix. I said what else could you do since I had to take the time to call when you guys screwed up. He gave the account another $50 credit.

Call yesterday to cancel... Already had the free ticket, but I was jacked bc the game was blacked out...

Go over to cancelation and the guy lowered my bill by $45 for 12 months, refunded me for the reg Sunday ticket which was $239 I think he said, gave me free Sunday ticket Max, and free Showtime for a year...

That has to be $1200 in savings.... I about crapped my pants

Wow...

So I called Rogers and the charge is $175 and its charged all at once not per month and it only includes NFL.

I heard that if you order the NFL ticket Center ice,MLB,Nascar and NCAAF is also included

Needles to say I said no thank you.

Oh and big surprise, they have no promotions.

CBF

Wow...

So I called Rogers and the charge is $175 and its charged all at once not per month and it only includes NFL.

I heard that if you order the NFL ticket Center ice,MLB,Nascar and NCAAF is also included

Needles to say I said no thank you.

Oh and big surprise, they have no promotions.

CBF

Wow, 175 is a pretty decent deal for ST. If all those other sports packaged were included, that would be a SWEET deal, IMO. Although, if it were me...I'd tell them to keep their NASCAR package. I'd rather watch the WNBA. lol

Does anyone think $36/month for NFL ST,NHL Center Ice,MLB,NBA,and NCAAF is a good deal?

CBF

I do . Think I pay $150!for the max, and I think I pay at least $150 for the hockey. Course, I would not get the hockey if I lived in buffalo as I really only watch Sabre games....same as the ticket really. MLB and NBA ....I would never even turn them on.

Does anyone think $36/month for NFL ST,NHL Center Ice,MLB,NBA,and NCAAF is a good deal?

CBF

It is a great deal. No doubt.

Is your wife good looking? If so you can buy one of those GPS tracking devices in case you're interested in where she goes at night.

I called today after cancelling about a month ago with an offer on the table of 6 payments of $31.99 for Sunday Ticket Max.. I'm under contract for another year and have quite a few credits already on my bill that total $80/month.

I called back this evening and received an offer of $163.96 ($40.99 X 4) Sunday Ticket Max from customer retention. I decided to accept since I have received STM for free for the last several years. I'll try for free again next year when my contract is up, but I'm happy with what I got.

Good luck.

I called today after cancelling about a month ago with an offer on the table of 6 payments of $31.99 for Sunday Ticket Max.. I'm under contract for another year and have quite a few credits already on my bill that total $80/month.

I called back this evening and received an offer of $163.96 ($40.99 X 4) Sunday Ticket Max from customer retention. I decided to accept since I have received STM for free for the last several years. I'll try for free again next year when my contract is up, but I'm happy with what I got.

Good luck.

you cancelled and that was part of the mistake...

My bill is usually about $160 with all pay packages w/ no extra sports Feb through Aug.

DTV ALWAYS adds on the Sunday Ticket Max which you can opt out of.

Every August when I go to pay the bill I call them siting $200 is out of my budget etc etc etc

I didn't even have to go to customer retention this time. not to repeat my self but Sunday Ticket Max for free, $8/mo off HBO for 6 mo, $12/mo off Cinimax or STARZ for 12 mo, and $20/mo for 12 mo for agreeing to stay a DVT customer for a year .

Now Sept to Jan I will be paying $150/mo

you cancelled and that was part of the mistake...

My bill is usually about $160 with all pay packages w/ no extra sports Feb through Aug.

DTV ALWAYS adds on the Sunday Ticket Max which you can opt out of.

Every August when I go to pay the bill I call them siting $200 is out of my budget etc etc etc

I didn't even have to go to customer retention this time. not to repeat my self but Sunday Ticket Max for free, $8/mo off HBO for 6 mo, $12/mo off Cinimax or STARZ for 12 mo, and $20/mo for 12 mo for agreeing to stay a DVT customer for a year .

Now Sept to Jan I will be paying $150/mo

I doubt it was a mistake. As I stated, I'm already getting $80/month in credits and my contract isn't up until next September. You combine those two factors and the deal I received is about the best I could expect.

That does suck. I would be all in on the deal you posted earlier.

She likes sports but she thinks that we should be cutting back on money instead of adding stuff on.

I came up with a plan on what we could cut from our cable and it worked out to half of what I would be paying for the sports pack.

I even offered to stop buying coffee in the mornings and bring mine from home to negate the extra money. I did the math and it worked out to us saving an extra $15 per month but my wife is still under the impression that its something we dont need.

I know I could be one of those husbands that just adds it anyway without telling her because I do all the banking but I like discussing things with her because after all, it's her money too.

I guess in this case nice guys do finish last lol

I tried talking to her last night and again this morning and she said "fine get it" but we all know that means I dont want it.

I will try talking to her again tonight. I would like to get it ordered by tomorrow so I can watch Alabama on Saturday

*fingers crossed*

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

So I tried to reason with my wife to justify getting the it but she isnt a fan of the idea.

Sucks

CBF

Sorry to hear. Part of my marriage vows were I get to have Sundays to myself for football. DirecTV and Sunday Ticket come out of my account.

Edited by nucci

Sorry to hear. Part of my marriage vows were I get to have Sundays to myself for football. DirecTV and Sunday Ticket come out of my account.

Do you and your wife have seperate accounts?

My wife and I share the same account so she can use the argument its my money too which I can't argue with as she has a point

CBF

Last year I got a great deal of free Ticket and other credits to get my number down, plus a full upgrade to Genie. This year I repeated last year's story: I can't justify Ticket because I'm a Bills fan and few things are as frustrating as watching my team get eliminated from the playoffs early, only to have two more payments to make for that pleasure.

The guy in customer retention noticed my address, said his parents live near me, spent 10 minutes telling me about them, thought my name looked familiar, and gave me Ticket Max for free (through a credit) plus a $15/month discount for the next year.

So my advice is to keep calling until you find a person whose parents live near you.

Do you and your wife have seperate accounts?

My wife and I share the same account so she can use the argument its my money too which I can't argue with as she has a point

CBF

yes, separate...we got married in our 30s with our careers established. Never saw a need to combine. If she wants to go shopping and spend on clothes, shoes...etc. she doesn't have to clear it with me. She's an adult and can handle her own money. I can also get Sunday Ticket and Center Ice with no hassle.