Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Forbes estimates someone's net worth, it includes their assets. 3.3 billion would have included this land.

Unless assets are publicly traded or involve a recent sale, forbes doesn't know much more than you or me. According to them, clippers were worth $500m until Ballmer paid $2b for them.

Do some research on forbes' methodology for estimating the net worth of those on their list...not exactly an empirical/reliable estimate. ... Friends who are in the fracking/natural gas industry seem to think Pegula is worth closer to $7 Billion. The timing is peculiar to say the least.

Imagine logging into your bank account and seeing a 1.75 billion dollar balance. Seems like that would be fun - a whole different level of possibilities.

And just like everyone else I would LOVE to see this go down! Stayin.

I would go print out like 100 ATM receipts and hit on any chick above 8/10. When they give any type of response, I would jot my number on the receipt as if the only thing I had availble. Tell them to call me.

If I only get 10 calls, well, that'd be great.

Do some research on forbes' methodology for estimating the net worth of those on their list...not exactly an empirical/reliable estimate. ... Friends who are in the fracking/natural gas industry seem to think Pegula is worth closer to $7 Billion. The timing is peculiar to say the least.

The timing is Peguliar. See what I did there? Bwahhhhh

Interesting news. It seems like the timing favors him being involved in the bidding as well as the silence we've heard from the Pegula camp. We've heard from many, but not him. And I recall during the spring NFL meetings there were reports owners had mentioned Pegula.

I think all in all this is a telling development. He is already reported by Forbes to be worth 3.3 billion.

Real players don't need to advertise.

This all makes sense. Shortly after buying the Bills he bought Todd France's NFL Player Agency because he wanted to learn the business of the NFL. Ed Kilgore mentioned in one of his final TV Sportscasts that he knows of a group that is interested in the Bills and would help with a new stadium. He leaves his job at WGRZ and accepts a job with the Harborcenter built by Pegula. Now this happens. Think he is the top candidate for 2015 Class of the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame if he buys them?

Hell, if this happens, they hold a special voting session before 2015 and he gets his own ceremony.

Yeah. He's one of the best owners in sports and he's fully dedicated to WNY.

Imagine TP not only buys the Bills but offers to pay for a big chunk of the new stadium, built near FNC and HarborCenter of course. That will be a bid that's hard to pass up. And Cuomo and Schumer will be so grateful he solved a potential headache for them he'll get some favorable fracking decisions that will let him make back his couple billion in no time. Quid. Pro. Quo.

Aren't there stipulations against owning both an NHL and NFL team, similar to the problem the Jacobs family might have faced if they wanted the Bills? Not that there aren't ways to get around it, but I thought there were hoops you had to jump through.

Aren't there stipulations against owning both an NHL and NFL team, similar to the problem the Jacobs family might have faced if they wanted the Bills? Not that there aren't ways to get around it, but I thought there were hoops you had to jump through.

No issue if the teams are in the same market.

The rule is:

If you own an NFL team you may own a team in another league as long as a) it's in the same market as your NFL team, or b) The team is in a non-NFL market.

Jacobs can't own the Bills outright because he owns the Bruins and Boston has an NFL team. Paul Allen can own the Seahawks and the Portland Trailblazers because Portland is not an NFL market. And if Terry Pegula buys the Bills, it's cool because the Sabres are also in Buffalo.