Anti Redskins Ad Airing During Primetime

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to try to make me care! It's the beauty of you having the rights you do!

I'll probably trot out some republicans claiming to be democrats to say you don't represent them and cite that 99.9% of your kind don't really care what I say!

I still think my favorite twist was when the redskins got that random guy to claim he was a tribal leader in Alaska and all his people loved the team.... And really he was like a quarter Native American and a mechanic in Baltimore.

Please tell me you know I was joking! I keep forgetting to use those emoticon things, which I hate. I never know which one to use, so, here: :mellow:

The Logo was designed by native Americans. It nice to see that Obamacare is working great, Bengasi is a myth, the 5 terrorists released gave there lives to Christ, and the southern US border is secure so we can move onto more important things. How about changing there name to the Washington Reds as most Democrats pushing this are really communists.

"their"

"Logo was designed by native Americans" I appreciate when people start out by stating a lie as fact. It saves us all the time of having to read the rest of their nonsense.

...But sometimes that nonsense is downright hilarious.

How long does this thread last on TSW? Who's taking bets?

Wow. Pretty powerful stuff....it's a matter of time

This thing is only going to pick up steam from here. Snyder can either get in front of this and meet with Native Americans to garner good will and then change the name and be seen as a good guy for doing it, OR, he can drag his heels and get a black eye and look like a total fool and be viewed as a racist for the rest of his life.

Of course he could also change the mascot to a potato. I do like that idea.

It's his choice.

Edited by reddogblitz

If the NFL is primarily in the business of providing an entertainment product then I would switch the name. If on the other hand it judges it of greater import to uphold the right of a team owner to call his team anything he wants to without regard to the debate over that name distracting from presentation of that entertainment product then keep the name.

Personally, I am far more interested in the game rather than the debate about an owner's ability to call the team something that a significant number of folks find reminds them of one of the cruelest episodes in the history and actions of this great land.

I think anyone more interested in the game than in any owner's right to call the team a name that lots of folks find insulting.

Though I think folks may disagree about whether the name is an insult to be an insult or not we all should be willing to acknowledge this name provides an insult to a significant chunk of some people.

This is not what I think the NFL is designed to do.

Like it or not this is simply the fact looking at the game.

Please tell me you know I was joking! I keep forgetting to use those emoticon things, which I hate. I never know which one to use, so, here: :mellow:

"their"

Haha - no worries - I thought you were, but was feeling on a roll with the topic

Blackhawks.

Fighting Irish

Indians

Vikings

Raiders

Texans

Chiefs

Redskins

Eskimo's

Mohawks

Scots

Saxons

Fighting Illini

Rainbow Warriors

Manteo HS Redskins

McGill Redmen

Fighting Sioux

Gaels

fighting Scotts

change them all! Why aren't they fighting Manteo HS!

You really don't see the difference between Redskins and those other names? Really??? And if Irish people and Scots want to change those names, let's change them. But I'm guess the Notre Dame Palefaces probably would be frowned upon too.

You really don't see the difference between Redskins and those other names? Really??? And if Irish people and Scots want to change those names, let's change them. But I'm guess the Notre Dame Palefaces probably would be frowned upon too.

the "texans" getting dragged into this is a new one that i enjoyed.

As a St. John's University alum I saw this happen 1st hand, when we changed from the Redmen to the Red Storm. While I don't like the new name because of the name itself, I get why it was. Just hard to relate unless I was pure Native American. I'm somewhat mixed on this from the Washington point of view, I can justify either side. At the end of the day I say keep it, unless all teams change their name.There has to be consistency.