In 2000, if Bills take Brady instead of Leif Olve Dolonen Larsen ....

I wonder how many guys we let go that given the chance would have excelled? If we all believe we would have screwed up Brady, who else did we have and not notice?

What would Todd Collins or Loseman done in NE? Or somewhere else?

NE has pretty much sucked without Brady. He is their franchise. Losman and Collins would have sucked anywhere. The fact that Losman has one serviceable year as a starter is amazing. The fact we could go 7-9 starting Edwards/ Losman is a minor miracle.

:cry:

:oops::beer:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He could have also gone the route of AJ McCarron. 5th rd. Teams don't care as much, it seems, what you won in college as much as how you project to the NFL based on the system you came from, physical measurements, and upside.The guys you mentioned all had more physical upside than a McCarron or Brad. Brady was a twig and slow.

Maybe. I thought of that also.

Remember though, we blew a 1st rounder on Losman. I'm still trying to figure out what "tangibles" they saw in him. He also was undersized (6'2", 212) and his brain was severly under powered. He could throw a ball straight up in the air and occasionally Lee Evans would srpint under it. He was supposed to be fast, but the slowest guys in the NFL always sacked him with ease.

Maybe. I thought of that also.

Remember though, we blew a 1st rounder on Losman. I'm still trying to figure out what "tangibles" they saw in him. He also was undersized (6'2", 212) and his brain was severly under powered. He could throw a ball straight up in the air and occasionally Lee Evans would srpint under it. He was supposed to be fast, but the slowest guys in the NFL always sacked him with ease.

His arm was an absolute cannon. Physically he compares well to Aaron Rogers. So I'm guessing that was what they liked.

It's all about the system. Can you imagine all of the great players who never got a chance or the right breaks, or were not given enough time to develop their skills?

and that system, in this case, was illegal, against league rules, and resulted in the biggest penalty in the history of professional football.

but let's all bury our heads in the sand and pretend spygate didn't happen, because hey, espn doesn't talk about it anymore, and EVERYONE was doing it, right? "if only the bills could cheat that good!" amirite?

this thread should be made about rothlisberger (2 champtionships without cheating) or eli (2 championships without cheating).

i hate the way this board bigs up brady.

i live in new england. i would say 25-33 percent of patriots fans are ready to move on from the guy. yes. that's a true statement. most feet he holds the team back because he can't throw deep, doesn't stay in the pocket long enough to make all the throws, and his best years are behind him.

by far FAR and away the biggest support/admiration/exultation of brady that i see in my day-to-day life comes from this board, and this board alone.

get over it.

.... what happens to Brady's career?

1979- What if the Bills took Joe Montana instead of Jon Borchardt? Would he have had a Hall of Fame career? I say 'No' because Bill Walsh maximized his abilities and the Bills still had Joe Ferguson to start.

Would the Bills still have drafted Jim Kelly in 1983? Probably, because I don't think Montana would've been successful in Buffalo and it was time to replace Fergy.

I wonder how many guys we let go that given the chance would have excelled? If we all believe we would have screwed up Brady, who else did we have and not notice?

What would Todd Collins or Loseman done in NE? Or somewhere else?

I thought Levi brown made good progress and looked very dynamic, mobile, good arm, ran uptempo offense. But alas he was an unheralded, late round pick and wasn't "Chan's guy", Fitz was and Chan wanted a " proven experienced backup" like thigpen instead.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

and that system, in this case, was illegal, against league rules, and resulted in the biggest penalty in the history of professional football.

but let's all bury our heads in the sand and pretend spygate didn't happen, because hey, espn doesn't talk about it anymore, and EVERYONE was doing it, right? "if only the bills could cheat that good!" amirite?

this thread should be made about rothlisberger (2 champtionships without cheating) or eli (2 championships without cheating).

i live in new england. i would say 25-33 percent of patriots fans are ready to move on from the guy. yes. that's a true statement. most feet he holds the team back because he can't throw deep, doesn't stay in the pocket long enough to make all the throws, and his best years are behind him.

by far FAR and away the biggest support/admiration/exultation of brady that i see in my day-to-day life comes from this board, and this board alone.

get over it.

Except the whole premise of this thread is they could have drafted Brady. Eli and Roethlisberger were gone by the time the Bills drafted.

get over it.

And put in who? Pats fans would be willing to give up on a first ballet HOFer

And put in who? Pats fans would be willing to give up on a first ballet HOFer

Yea - I'm calling bs on 1/3 of pats fans calling for a new qb. You might have some looking for who will be next and thinking that time is on its way soon but no way 1/3 think the teams better if Brady walked away.

But if he comes to Buffalo, does he still have a hall of fame career? We had Flutie and Johnson on the roster battling out, does Brady get a chance? We had a defensive-minded coach in Wade Phillips. Does Brady get cut or traded to another team where he has a HoF career? Or does his career fizzle and he's just another footnote in Bills history like * Leif Olve Dolonen Larsen?

You never know. Even in NE, Brady was buried behind Drew Bledsoe on the depth chart. Brady was determined to be successful and wrest the starting position. If Drew never gets hurt, NE would have found it hard to replace him a 6th Rd draft pick. Same way, considering that RJ was getting injured all the time, it might have opened the way for Brady to take charge and keep the position. Remember that at that time we still had an awesome defense and we could have won with Mr. Clutch.

You never know. Even in NE, Brady was buried behind Drew Bledsoe on the depth chart. Brady was determined to be successful and wrest the starting position. If Drew never gets hurt, NE would have found it hard to replace him a 6th Rd draft pick. Same way, considering that RJ was getting injured all the time, it might have opened the way for Brady to take charge and keep the position. Remember that at that time we still had an awesome defense and we could have won with Mr. Clutch.

Could be but I think he gets lost in the Flutie-Johnson battle. But OTOH I happened to be watching the game when Bledsoe got injured against Jets. When Brady came in I knew right away he was better ... processed information quicker, quick release, stood tall saw entire field, precise accurate passer ... and just visually looked like the leader Bledsoe never quite was. So maybe Bills coaches see same thing, and benching those other guys on our roster would have been easier than Bledsoe who was considered an elite QB at the time. But OTOH were Pats better at grooming QBs than we were? Would Brady have developed the same under Bills coaches?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Could be but I think he gets lost in the Flutie-Johnson battle. But OTOH I happened to be watching the game when Bledsoe got injured against Jets. When Brady came in I knew right away he was better ... processed information quicker, quick release, stood tall saw entire field, precise accurate passer ... and just visually looked like the leader Bledsoe never quite was. So maybe Bills coaches see same thing, and benching those other guys on our roster would have been easier than Bledsoe who was considered an elite QB at the time. But OTOH were Pats better at grooming QBs than we were? Would Brady have developed the same under Bills coaches?

Nope. Matt Cassell had a pretty average to poor career at KC. Who else has gone on to be a starting QB in the NFL from that stable....ZERO.