World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dante is a fantastic CB and David Luis is also a top 5. I'm sad that Maicon had to play through that.

He'll forget it once he wins the Scudetto this year :D

I've never really been impressed with David Luiz, especially when he was with Chelsea. He has looked pretty bad in defense most of the WC. He looked absolutely horrible last night, charging way too far up the field, missing tackles and not following German forwards when they would counter.

The more I think about it, I think Silva is the one who held the back 4 together through the WC.

Predictions for today? I'm going with Argentina 13, Robben's Divers -2.

I think Argentina's back 4 is pretty suspect.... similar to Brazil. I could see Holland score quite a few.

Then's there always Messi to keep it close.

I'll say 3-2 Holland.

Today is 50/50, any team can win this match, it will come down to which team remains concentrated and doesn't make silly mistakes. .

Hopefully Argentina wins today, which is independence day for us.

To put everyone in the mood for the game today, here is Dennis Bergkamp's goal against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup. Bergkamp is my favorite player and the initial reason why I am an Arsenal supporter:

http://t.co/T61GkXT1tg

At work, a bunch of us were watching the game on a big-screen TV. Someone observed that the ESPN caption box ran out of room to display all the German goals on the Germany side of the box.

I suggested they could just list the additional German goals on Brazil's side of the caption box, because Brazil certainly wasn't using it.

I laughed at that as well - how ESPN had to scroll the German goal times because it overwhelmed the caption space

If its fixed by region, it will be Brazil against Argentina.

If its fixed for ratings worldwide, it will be 1 South America vs 1 Europe

If its fixed for home team and worldwide, it will be Brazil vs Holland

If its not fixed, I have no effing clue!

Even if it was fixed - and I don't remember hearing of any solid accusations beyond World Cup qualifying or beyond the group stage at most - a few slanted calls from the ref cannot fix a drubbing like that

I'd prefer something for another boring sport. First one to hit a 95 mph fastball wins. Could take days but it's be a hoot to watch.

Well you're typical baseball game has more hits than this game had shots on net.

Edited by PromoTheRobot