World Cup Thread

As an aside, in case you have not noticed, 99% of the time, his finishing move is to his left (he is left footed). I find it funny that there are so many players/teams that have not seemed to have caught on to this when defending him.

I keep saying this. He's the most one footed high quality player you'l ever see.

He's not as skilled as many others but he's a GD freight train when he gets going. It should be easy to defend that straight ahead style of his but he can make enough of a cut to make people look completely foolish and when he's at full tilt, that little mistackle sends him sprawling into a penalty.

Lots of the time, he is actually tripped...and he embellishes the trip with gusto. Hard to like Captain Picard.

Edited by John Adams

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep saying this. He's the most one footed high quality player you'l ever see.

He's not as skilled as many others but he's a GD freight train when he gets going. It should be easy to defend that straight ahead style of his but he can make enough of a cut to make people look completely foolish and when he's at full tilt, that little mistackle sends him sprawling into a penalty.

Lots of the time, he is actually tripped...and he embellishes the trip with gusto. Hard to like Captain Picard.

And it's not just that he has blazing speed and that he consistently attacks and puts pressure on the defense, but he has some of the quickest feet you will ever see. When he comes at you like a blazing locomotive train, it basically forces the defender to have to act one way or the other and the moment the defender makes his move to displace the ball from him, his feet are so quick that he is able to make the move that results in either him blowing by you or getting fouled. Even though he embellishes the foul, most of the time there is indeed a foul that does take place.

In any case, Robben and Messi in my view have been the two most valuable players for their teams this world cup.

If its fixed by region, it will be Brazil against Argentina.

If its fixed for ratings worldwide, it will be 1 South America vs 1 Europe

If its fixed for home team and worldwide, it will be Brazil vs Holland

If its not fixed, I have no effing clue!

I certainly have no clue about who is going to win.

Jesus Christ man enough with the tinfoil hat stuff. It's not fixed.

If it was I'd assume they'd fix it so it was watchable.