Hamilton Ont.

zazie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Canadian, Leave the BILLS IN BUFFALO FOR PHOCK SAKES!

And of all Canadian cities...someone mentions the shyte hole that is called Hamilton?

I will follow some football if Buffalo leaves, but probably only the playoffs. Just like the NHL, I rarely watch the regular season.

The Canadiens are aholes, so I guess my response would be I would never go see the bills play a game in Canada even if it was right across the peace bridge in Fort Erie.

Now Now Gordio! Calling canadians aholes is like calling the Bills a Superbowl contender! It aint happenin.

You do realize that because of open container laws, tailgating will be dead if you go to Canada. And if you want to bring a keg to Canada, you can probably forget about it.

I would support a Hamilton team, it is close enough, and yet also close enough to bring the Toronto crowd and Toronto corporate money in.

You can arrive in Hamilton (if no hassles at the bridge, where they are getting very intense these days, almost as if they are doing important work....) in less than an hour or so.

How many local Bills season ticket holders would be willing to cross the border on game day? Consider that.

You know, that is a very interesting question and I do not have a clue as to the answer.

You can't go by a poll here as this place houses many very hard core Bills fans. The more casual fans who like to go to the games might not mind. Also the drunks who just want a place to power drink might not mind either. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that the casual fans far outnumber the hard core fans any given Sunday.

I think Toronto would lose a great number of current seasons holders. But just over the border in Hamilton, I just don't know.

You do realize that because of open container laws, tailgating will be dead if you go to Canada. And if you want to bring a keg to Canada, you can probably forget about it.

Why would you bring beer TO Canada? :)

In fact, picking some up to bring back home with me would be a good reason to go!

Edited by CodeMonkey

Thank you. I hope you know I meant no disrespect up above when I said we should stop trying to accommodate the Canadian fanbase with stadium location, road building, railways, etc. I love Canada and all of the Canadian people I've met have always been extremely friendly. But if we just concentrate on building a reasonable stadium in the Buffalo area, the Canadian fans will come to the games (just like they make the trip to Orchard Park). Go Bills.

..... Double thanks to both of you!...

Sorry, meant to add this post :

As a Canadian and a die hard Bills fan, I will not support a team outside of Buffalo or Western NY I The majority of Canadians I believe wouldn't want this to happen too.

First Toronto isn't even close to being the Entire face of Canada. In fact the majority of Canadians don't support Toronto Teams. Only the Toronto Maple Leafs (Cough Ack yuck) have quite a few fans outside of Toronto. Other teams are not followed by a high population, especially out west, where we all Hate everything Toronto. So there would not be a whole country cheering for them. look at Toronto baseball games for example.. people travel (once again no accounting for some tastes) from all over the country to see the Maple Leafs because they have a huge fan base as an original 6 team. Nobody lines up for Jay games.. I won't support any team from Toronto doesn't matter what sport, and plenty of Canadians not just football fans think like that. Plus nobody mentions we have this thing called the Canadian Football League up north, sure it only makes around a 150 million annually in Canada which is chump change, compared to the NFL. You stick a NFL Team in Toronto and it would kill Toronto's CFL team, which would end up hurting the CFL . The NFL won't let that happen, the CFL is too important to the NFL to let that happen. Around 15 years ago the Canadian Football needed help staying out of debt. The NFL gave a huge cash donation for that because they recognized the value of having a place where football players could develop. Yes the ration on teams has to be I think around 50-55% Canadian but there has been quite a few NFL athletes that got there start in the CFL Cameron Wake, Jeff Garcia Doug Flutie Warren Moon. I love the Bills but I certainly wound't cheer for them in Canada and I wouldn't even support the NFL in Canada . Don't get me wrong folks I love the NFL, and I love the Bills. I learned to have the best of both Worlds. as I was raised by Americans ( Cherry Creek NY) who immigrated to Canada. Every time we visited my grandfather I would watch Bill games with him and I

Became unlike most Canadians I like the rest of my family became a football fan first hockey fan second. Not every Canadian is a Leaf or Habs fan, my first NHL game was a Sabre game, where I got to see Gretzky break a record its how I became an Oilers fan

Just like Not every Canadian wants the Bills or the NFL here

The NFL though belongs in the USA, and the CFL in Canada, it' just how it should be

Edited by westroyalhill

I think Toronto would lose a great number of current seasons holders. But just over the border in Hamilton, I just don't know.

Just over the border in Hamilton? It's not exactly Fort Erie. It's about the same distance as it is to Rochester. For that matter Toronto is only another half hour so drive from Hamilton, so if Hamilton is no problem then not sure why Toronto would.

Just over the border in Hamilton? It's not exactly Fort Erie. It's about the same distance as it is to Rochester. For that matter Toronto is only another half hour so drive from Hamilton, so if Hamilton is no problem then not sure why Toronto would.

Yeah I guess I should have looked at a map. About 1:10 to Hamilton from Buffalo and 50 min from Toronto to Hamilton according to Google.

It still is shorter than driving to Toronto from Buffalo. But from Rochester that extra hour would be very annoying and I believe there is a significant seasons base in Rochester.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I said the same thing in the other thread. In fact, I'm getting a little sick of how most are trying to accommodate our brethren to the north. Our own TBD member Canadian Bills Fan even says "keep the stadium in the US" and I believe most Canadians feel the same way. Let's stop trying to figure out how the Canadians will be able to get to a Niagara Falls stadium, new bridges near NF, etc. and just build the stadium in Buffalo where it belongs. If you build it, they (the Canadians) will come.

I don't see any CFL teams trying to accommodate our country...

Keep the Bills out of Canada and in Buffalo period

It's where they belong where they have always belonged

!@#$! Toronto, Toronto is not All of Canada

Canadians don't want the Bills to move, the majority of them. Toronto's population is around 6 million

rest of Canada 31 Million. In other words close to 31 million don't want the Bills to leave Buffalo

LOL, good point. Maybe if we lose the Bills to Canada, we can get a CFL team and finally get Tebow here to bring home a Championship (Ouch, did I just say that?)

Um do you remember the 90's we did bring the CFL to the USA besides Baltimore every one else laughed at us. I love my Bills the NFL and the the CFL and my NFL involves the Bills in Buffalo if they move I will just watch NCAA and CFL.

I said the same thing in the other thread. In fact, I'm getting a little sick of how most are trying to accommodate our brethren to the north. Our own TBD member Canadian Bills Fan even says "keep the stadium in the US" and I believe most Canadians feel the same way. Let's stop trying to figure out how the Canadians will be able to get to a Niagara Falls stadium, new bridges near NF, etc. and just build the stadium in Buffalo where it belongs. If you build it, they (the Canadians) will come.

I am Canadian and live in Southern Ontario. Actually very, very close to Hamilton. I am 100% against the Bills moving to Canada! The Canadian fans and market don't deserve it and would not support the Bills the way an NFL team should be supported!

given the theme of the OP's posts, i've quickly come to the conclusion that he/she has become the new "crayonz" and cannot be taken seriously. this person is simply posting for effect, attention and stir-the-pot reaction for reaction's sake.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

I would support a Hamilton team, it is close enough, and yet also close enough to bring the Toronto crowd and Toronto corporate money in.

You can arrive in Hamilton (if no hassles at the bridge, where they are getting very intense these days, almost as if they are doing important work....) in less than an hour or so.

Thx enjoy the Tiger Cats.