WEDG Report: Rogers meets with Cuomo & Bills

Shredd and Regan from WEDG 103.3 the EDGE are reporting that a meeting took place yesterday between Rogers and Cuomor and the Bills. Apparently there was yelling involved. Rogers is planning on moving the Bills to Toronto after this season and pay whatever the $400 Million dollar penalty is all about take their chances in the courts.

Heard it on the radio, so I don't have a link, so please don't ask. Also, don't shoot the messenger!

Edited by ET1062

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying I dont believe you but this story seems fabricated or at least some parts of it.

CBF

It's not my story, it is their story. Just telling you what I heard on the radio.

1. Rogers would need approval first from the trust to buy the team, then from the league.

2. He would need to win a court case in Erie county so that he could pay the $400 million

3. He would then need approval from the NFL to move the team.

4. He'd have to pay a relocation fee, if approve.

5. He'd have to have a place for them to play, as Rogers centre doesn't meet NFL requirements for attendence and is getting refitted with grass the seats in the lower bowl can't be positioned for football games hence the Argos leaving. That means building a stadium, which hasn't started, and even if it did start today, it would still be at least 2 years before it was finished.

6. These stories are getting more and more ridiculous.

EDIT: And I assume you mean Edward Rodgers, son of Ted Rodgers. Rodgers communication, can't buy a team.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

1. Rogers would need approval first from the trust to buy the team, then from the league.

2. He would need to win a court case in Erie county so that he could pay the $400 million

3. He would then need approval from the NFL to move the team.

4. He'd have to pay a relocation fee, if approve.

5. He'd have to have a place for them to play, as Rogers centre doesn't meet NFL requirements for attendence and is getting refitted with grass the seats in the lower bowl can't be positioned for football games hence the Argos leaving. That means building a stadium, which hasn't started, and even if it did start today, it would still be at least 2 years before it was finished.

6. These stories are getting more and more ridiculous.

Exactly!!

Just to add one more thing to it, the court case that he would have to win in Erie County is that Erie County did not perform their part of the lease deal. Good luck with that.

It's not my story, it is their story. Just telling you what I heard on the radio.

Understood but the comment that Rogers is planning on moving the Bills after this season is the problem. They don't own the team so how can someone say that?

The league should consider offering a new franchise to Toronto if there is such a demand for NFL football there. Not likely to put much of a dent in the Bills fan base. Would create a great rivalry and the league and owners get a nice payday.

Not much dent?? Try 20%. That's a big dent.