Mike Williams is teaching Sammy about how to be a Pro. Um...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams has at least admitted that he made mistakes and is trying to be a better person. Did he make some boneheaded mistakes? Sure he did. Last I checked though, that is part of the learning process. If Watkins takes anything at all from Williams to heart, it should be the simple concept of "don't do what I did". I'm somewhat glad that captain showboat is gone. If he had cared more about his play on the field and less about how he was going to do his next TD celebration, he would still be here.

Mike Williams has at least admitted that he made mistakes and is trying to be a better person. Did he make some boneheaded mistakes? Sure he did. Last I checked though, that is part of the learning process. If Watkins takes anything at all from Williams to heart, it should be the simple concept of "don't do what I did". I'm somewhat glad that captain showboat is gone. If he had cared more about his play on the field and less about how he was going to do his next TD celebration, he would still be here.

And to this point Sammy Watkins atleast genuinely talks the talk. In every press conference he says he wants to work hard and get better and seems genuine.

Sammy has no off the field issues so maybe Mike can help Sammy in the practice room and Sammy can help Mike off the field.

It could be a mutual beneficial relationship.

Rob Moore also does seem like he is into taking the BS. I'm sure that is part of the reason why Stevie is gone.

Rob Moore will be the Alpha dog in that room, and will set these kids straight.

If Mike is stupid and gets Sammy caught up in some BS, OBD will be giving Mike Williams the raw boot out of town. So I'm not too worried.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yep, let's hope he keeps his mentorship to on the field.

Interestingly, Sammy has also made mistakes (college drug arrest) and said that he learned from it and grew as a person/player. So, hopefully these two bond in a positive way. I also think Rob Moore is a coach who can hopefully draw the best out of both of them.

You have less respect for Clemson because of his tweet or Watkin's desire to follow the beard?

i respect those who respect the english language, not so much butcher and maul it for anything less then humor or satire.