Favorite all time movie?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Jackson, on the other hand... :death: The man stretches two minute action scenes to 15 minutes. He couldn't decide on the ending to The Return of the King...so he just showed all seven. "What, this movie isn't over? How many endings does this friggin' movie have???"

What more proof do you need then his desire to make The Hobbit into 3 movies. There are numerous scenes in the first 2 that just carry on and on and on and on.... Considering the book is great, IMO, for it's quick read ability I hate that it was made into 3 movies.

You are dead on with James Cameron, but I somewhat disagree with you about Michael Mann.

To be fair, I have never seen "The Last of the Mohicans", but I love "Heat" and "Collateral" and I think Mann nails it with the running time of those two films.

I actually meant that as a compliment to Mann...as though to say: "his movies leave you wanting more--in a good way". If you like Heat and Collateral, check out Mohicans; easily his best IMO (part of that has to do with the authenticity of the story setting, and part of it is the score--just unbelievable music).

I always thought Cameron paces his films relatively well, though, so they never really feel that long to me. Even with the brutal hack-job (which he hid very well) he did in editing True Lies, it was a well-paced movie.

Peter Jackson, on the other hand... :death: The man stretches two minute action scenes to 15 minutes. He couldn't decide on the ending to The Return of the King...so he just showed all seven. "What, this movie isn't over? How many endings does this friggin' movie have???"

Good call on Jackson...too long; every time.

Die Hard

Die Hard wins best Christmas movie of all time IMO. Mrs. Bandit always argues that it's not a Christmas movie, to which I simply say she's wrong (and she is).

Die Hard wins best Christmas movie of all time IMO. Mrs. Bandit always argues that it's not a Christmas movie, to which I simply say she's wrong (and she is).

Die Hard and Gremlins. Best Christmas movies that some would like to say aren't Christmas movies.

Die Hard and Gremlins. Best Christmas movies that some would like to say aren't Christmas movies.

Absolutely...Gremlins is definitely 2nd on my list of Christmas movies.

It's a close second to "The Ref."

Underrated for sure

Six pages in and no one has mentioned "L.A. Confidential".

It crossed my mind when trying to nail down #5. I remember wondering how it didn't get a best picture nomination. Of course As Good As it Gets, Forest Gump, Usual Suspects, Dazed & Confused, & Almost Fomous were in the running for #5 too.

"Why don't you call me sometime when you have no class?"

Back To School.

lol

Diane: Actually, I'd like to join you, but I have class tonight.

Thornton Melon: Oh. How 'bout tomorrow night?

Diane: I have class then, too.

Thornton Melon: I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?

Diane: [laughs] Alright. Maybe I will.

Also

My personal favorite from that movie.

Vanessa: Millicent, you look charming. I love your dress. Don't YOU, Thornton? It's such a LOVELY shade of GREEN.

Thornton Melon: Yeah, if that dress had pockets, you'd look like a pool table. You should try my Tall & Fat stores. No offense.

I actually meant that as a compliment to Mann...as though to say: "his movies leave you wanting more--in a good way". If you like Heat and Collateral, check out Mohicans; easily his best IMO (part of that has to do with the authenticity of the story setting, and part of it is the score--just unbelievable music).

Good call on Jackson...too long; every time.

What about Bad Santa?

It crossed my mind when trying to nail down #5. I remember wondering how it didn't get a best picture nomination. Of course As Good As it Gets, Forest Gump, Usual Suspects, Dazed & Confused, & Almost Fomous were in the running for #5 too.

"L.A. Confidential", did get a Best Picture nomination. It lost to "Titanic". :thumbdown: