California nutcase kills 7, wounds 7 - leaves video on YouTube

Guns were the weapon in nearly 68% of murders in America.

Knives little more than 13%.

Which one to regulate? hmmmmm ....

http://www.infopleas...a/A0004888.html

I think we should start regulating hammers and clubs because they kill more than rifles. Honestly we should really regulate cars even more because they kill an obscene amount. Oh wait they already do. CAFE standards have killed thousands because we drive light weight pos.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news........we're off the hook......................it's Seth Rogen's fault

WashPost Film Critic Blames Sexism of Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen Movies for Santa Barbara Mass Murder

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz32wBCOl28

CRITIC BLAMES SHOOTING ON WHITE MALE HOLLYWOOD

http://washington.cb...llywood-culture

To be fair, she doesn't blame Seth Rogen for the murders. She blames Seth Rogen for making movies that set unrealistic expectations for men that don't know the difference between movies and reality.

Which is kind-of like blaming Peter Dinklage's dwarfism on Manute Bol.

To be fair, she doesn't blame Seth Rogen for the murders. She blames Seth Rogen for making movies that set unrealistic expectations for men that don't know the difference between movies and reality.

Which is kind-of like blaming Peter Dinklage's dwarfism on Manute Bol.

Geez some of the comments under that article are not too positive about Jewish people. Sounds like that guy Kurt Vonnegut or Kurt Godelgut or something that used to post on here about Dresden.

On a side note, Judd Apatow's wife code name Meslie Lann is quite a little pepper pot. A little crazy though so I steered clear. I think Beerboy killed Sven at least in part because of her.

About an 85% chance of dying from a gunshot wound. Stab wound - 90%.

Doesn't seem "much" easier.

He did, in fact, run several people over with his car.

After I picked up the handgun, I brought it back to my room and felt a new sense of power. I was now armed. Who's the alpha male now, bitches? I thought to myself, regarding all of the girls who've looked down on me in the past.

Still think guns don't empower people?

Not only did I never said that, and not only did I point that out before you did, but...

What I am saying though - is that the "guns don't kill people" line is only a half truth....one could say that - but the back end of that is guns make killing people much easier and much more probably when used compared to other weapons.

That's not what you were saying.

You'll do better here if you at least try not to be a complete retard. No one expects you to succeed...but we'll respect the attempt.

After I picked up the handgun, I brought it back to my room and felt a new sense of power. I was now armed. Who's the alpha male now, bitches? I thought to myself, regarding all of the girls who've looked down on me in the past.

But the first thing he did was to stab to death 3 people.

So what do you suggest?

I get that people look at this crime and on the surface want to stop people from having guns, but when you dive into the issue and weigh all the concerns in support of rights and protection, there just is no easy answer to the problem. Some small percentage of people are going to act irresponsibly with just about anything whether it be a gun, car, alcohol, drugs, knife, chemicals or even their big mouths for that matter. I don't think eliminating gun rights, re-enacting prohibition or eliminating free speech improves our way of life.

I get that people look at this crime and on the surface want to stop people from having guns, but when you dive into the issue and weigh all the concerns in support of rights and protection, there just is no easy answer to the problem. Some small percentage of people are going to act irresponsibly with just about anything whether it be a gun, car, alcohol, drugs, knife, chemicals or even their big mouths for that matter. I don't think eliminating gun rights, re-enacting prohibition or eliminating free speech improves our way of life.

I think banning guns is like giving weekly blood transfusions to a leukemia patient. Not curing the problem just trying to band aid it. All it will do is immediately create a black market for guns. Just another cash cow for criminals. Of course then most citizens will not have guns and only criminals and government will have them. That's great. How about we step up the research on mental illness. How to spot a potential problem. How about we research the effect of mood altering prescription drugs and how they may increase the chance of violence. But no. This is a perfect opportunity to take yet another freedom away. Whomever said that you don't let a crisis go to waste was right on the money here. The way this crap gets politicized almost immediately is kind of sickening.

I know this just addresses homicides, but we do seem to be a pretty peaceful country. Just think what we could be if we could get rid of Chicago.

http://chartsbin.com/view/1454

I read not to long ago that Great Britain had either the highest violent crime rate per capita in the world or near the top. They don't have guns

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/2013/01/11/britain-the-most-violent-country-in-europe-violence-rate-is-4-36-times-worse-than-in-the-u-s/

Edited by Dante

I think banning guns is like giving weekly blood transfusions to a leukemia patient. Not curing the problem just trying to band aid it. All it will do is immediately create a black market for guns. Just another cash cow for criminals. Of course then most citizens will not have guns and only criminals and government will have them. That's great. How about we step up the research on mental illness. How to spot a potential problem. How about we research the effect of mood altering prescription drugs and how they may increase the chance of violence. But no. This is a perfect opportunity to take yet another freedom away. Whomever said that you don't let a crisis go to waste was right on the money here. The way this crap gets politicized almost immediately is kind of sickening.

I read not to long ago that Great Britain had either the highest violent crime rate per capita in the world or near the top. They don't have guns

http://www.infiniteu...han-in-the-u-s/

You'd be violent too if you had to eat their food and snuggle up to their women.

One of the reasons progressives are watching their ideology get pissed away is that all you dolts are left with is repeating each other with absolutely no original thought whatsoever.

If you've never fired a gun, I'd pretty much STFU. And if you HAVE fired a gun, I'd definitely STFU.

One of the reasons progressives are watching their ideology get pissed away is that all you dolts are left with is repeating each other with absolutely no original thought whatsoever.

If you've never fired a gun, I'd pretty much STFU. And if you HAVE fired a gun, I'd definitely STFU.

Guns make it easy for wackos to commit these crimes.

Will wackos commit crimes if guns are harder to get? No doubt. Will it be as easy to commit the crimes? Probably not.

That said, this is a country of guns so we just need to live with it. Mentally ill people are going to shoot up others in the US. It's not about to stop because we believe in the right to have relatively free access to guns. It's one of our defining traits and one of the consequences of that is a huge negative. Some of the consequences are positive (people feel good having a handgun in the bedside drawer). The two sides of the right to bear arms coin travel together.

Aside: I have a UK friend whose buddies visited him while he was stateside for 5 years. What did they want to do when they got to Philly? Go shoot guns. He described this experience of going to an indoor north Philly shooting range in a way that only a foreigner could--made us sound like a bunch of gun toting wackos but had me in tears. Everyone from the store owner lecturing them on their god given right to carry to the guys on the range wanting the funny Brits to fire their guns was a chapter in the story.

Additionally - guns are far more deadly than sticks, stones, fists and knives.,,this current guy did kill his roommates with a knife - but that kid in Pittsburgh who went on a knife attack - managed to only injure them - had he had a gun....

That kid in Pittsburgh had much more ready access to firearms in Western PA than dude in California. Yet he didn't go on a shooting spree

Guns were the weapon in nearly 68% of murders in America.

Knives little more than 13%.

Which one to regulate? hmmmmm ....

http://www.infopleas...a/A0004888.html

Cars kill three times more every year, we should ban those.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/05/Federal-Gov-Annual-Auto-Related-Deaths-Three-Times-Higher-Than-Gun-Related-Deaths

Some of the consequences are positive (people feel good having a handgun in the bedside drawer). The two sides of the right to bear arms coin travel together.

Aside: I have a UK friend whose buddies visited him while he was stateside for 5 years. What did they want to do when they got to Philly? Go shoot guns. He described this experience of going to an indoor north Philly shooting range in a way that only a foreigner could--made us sound like a bunch of gun toting wackos but had me in tears. Everyone from the store owner lecturing them on their god given right to carry to the guys on the range wanting the funny Brits to fire their guns was a chapter in the story.

There is significantly more to the positive consequences than nightstand comfort, and that relatively cliche'd comment would suggest you've spent more time around gun stories than actual guns. And that's not a jab...just an observation.

But perhaps if you spent more time purchasing, training, using guns in the respectful manner most gun owners do, you'd understand that for every constitution-carrying shooting range owner there are three people trying to reduce available firearms to those of the Nerf caliber. And for every Santa Barbara shooting event I can find you half a dozen people who protected themselves, their business and their families from scumbag thugs by having a weapon by their side.

Not to mention, a smart, well-read man like yourself would surely know that mental health is much more the issue than guns will ever be, for if strict gun bans were the answer, we wouldn't have weekend shooting updates from a city known for it's strict gun laws (Chicago).