Ben Carson

Bad news for the "spin factory".................. :D .................Politico set out to damage Ben Carson’s credibility, but ended up damaging its own.

Note that Politico has already airbrushed its story after Carson’s team pushed back

“Politico changes headline and lede on Ben Carson piece — removes line that his campaign admitted to ‘fabrication,’” Alex Pappas of the Daily Caller tweets.

In any case, as Allahpundit quips, “So Ben Carson’s going to spend the next week or two running against the media. Think that’ll work in a GOP primary?”

Allah also asks a very good question: “Who ordered the code red on Ben Carson?”

Update: Politico stealth edits Carson story.

Even some mainstream media accounts had to admit Politico botched the story:

Politico’s @RealBenCarson story was not accurate on some key points… http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/06/media/ben-carson-politico-west-point/index.html

WaPo isn't buying @politico 's nonsense - stand by Carson story http://wpo.st/UVll0

My favorite part of the "newly designed" lede of the Politico story: "Carson just now “conceded that he never applied,”

Even though he wrote that in his memoir 23 years ago. :lol:

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. What was Obama doing when he was 17? No one knows because the media refused to look and all his records are sealed! Why are they investigating Carson with such malice when they gave Obama a pass on everything!

It shows the disparity how the media treats candidates depending on their party.

In fact I think the media is racist. They let Obama get away with it because he is half white. Since Carson would be the first black president they can't have it.

He is being held to a different standard because of his conservative beliefs.

This is one of the most clueless posts ever here. Almost as bad as someone going "toe to toe" with 4merper4mer.

another strong argument from the cook. perhaps you could expound.

the sloan ranger reference was in answer to the range rover comments directed at liberals

the salience of the wall street journal link is self evident to anyone with at least 4th grade reading comprehension.

the fact that carson explained his decision not to go to west point as a result of choosing medicine makes it pretty obvious why the presence of premed program there is relevant.

so what is the source of your confusion other than your intellect?

Edited by birdog1960

the sloan ranger reference was in answer to the range rover comments directed at liberals

Sometimes your dumbassery surpasses even the gatorman's gold standard.

The joke about the Land Rover had nothing to do with what liberals drive. It's a reference I've been making about gatorman for the past month based on the fact that his posts here are so mindless and so obviously given to him by someone else to post, that it could only mean he is one of the trolls who gets paid to post progressive idiocy on message boards and comment sections.

You know...he's the guy you read in comment sections that writes something like "My brother-in-law quit his job after he earned over $5,357 last month and paid cash for a brand new Land Rover because of an incredible work-from-home part-time opportunity. Ask me how."

Predictably, you once again didn't hesitate to knee-jerk opine -- incorrectly -- about a topics you don't understand. Sometimes it's just better to lay off the keyboard.

the salience of the wall street journal link is self evident to anyone with at least 4th grade reading comprehension.

the fact that carson explained his decision not to go to west point as a result of choosing medicine makes it pretty obvious why the presence of premed program there is relevant.

:doh:

The joke about the Land Rover had nothing to do with what liberals drive. It's a reference I've been making about gatorman for the past month based on the fact that his posts here are so mindless and so obviously given to him by someone else to post, that it could only mean he is one of the trolls who gets paid to post progressive idiocy on message boards and comment sections.

You know...he's the guy you read in comment sections that writes something like "My brother-in-law quit his job after he earned over $5,357 last month and paid cash for a brand new Land Rover because of an incredible work-from-home part-time opportunity. Ask me how."

Predictably, you once again didn't hesitate to knee-jerk opine -- incorrectly -- about a topics you don't understand. Sometimes it's just better to lay off the keyboard.

I would love for him to admit an :oops: here but he'll find someway to spin this.

This is ridiculous. What was Obama doing when he was 17? No one knows because the media refused to look and all his records are sealed! Why are they investigating Carson with such malice when they gave Obama a pass on everything!

It shows the disparity how the media treats candidates depending on their party.

In fact I think the media is racist. They let Obama get away with it because he is half white. Since Carson would be the first black president they can't have it.

No doubt.

you're joking. you actually believe someone would pay gatorman to post his opinions on the political sub forum of a football website frequented mostly by knuckle dragging cons with little or no chance of ever voting liberal? sure. makes perfect sense. gator is an astroturfer for the dnc. it's money well spent! highly likely!

this is actually as bad a post mortem, damage control tact as ben carson's after being caught in a lie.

oh yeah. and why don't you go ahead and link to a site mentioning buying a land rover from working at home part time. never seen that particular pitch. not that i would be likely to but i'm thinking there might be better vehicle choices to sell to the intended suckers.

Edited by birdog1960

you're joking. you actually believe someone would pay gatorman to post his opinions on the political sub forum of a football website frequented mostly by knuckle dragging cons with little or no chance of ever voting liberal? sure. makes perfect sense. gator is an astroturfer for the dnc. it's money well spent! highly likely!

You know I think what you have proved here is that some on the left are 100% correct. Just because Ben Carson is a doctor does not at all mean he's smart. :doh:

057fd67d26d022ba7676e613f3b81788_bigger.Scott Baker@bakerlink 17h17 hours ago

I've been a reporter for almost 30 years. Politico's Ben Carson story is among the stupidest things I've even seen in print.

Iiv3yVfu_bigger.jpgAmerican Elephant@AmericnElephant 22h22 hours ago

So, Ben Carson is now the first black presidential candidate in history to have his college records investigated by media.

6Od82hiz_bigger.jpegJames Cook@LowInfoTweeter 4h4 hours ago

@DavidCornDC Academic records should be private. It was embarrassing for Democrats when George W Bush had better grades than John Kerry.

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_71328David Burge@iowahawkblog Nov 6

Q: Why are people who went to journalism school calling a neurosurgeon stupid? A: Because he's black.

this is actually as bad a post mortem, damage control tact as ben carson's after being caught in a lie.

oh yeah. and why don't you go ahead and link to a site mentioning buying a land rover from working at home part time. never seen that particular pitch. not that i would be likely to but i'm thinking there might be better vehicle choices to sell to the intended suckers.

Absolutely none of which changes the fact that -- once again -- you felt it necessary to stake a predictably mindless progressive position on a topic you didn't even bother to understand.

Like I said. Sometimes it's a good idea to just walk away from the keyboard.

I can't believe I just read this.

You're taking a stand on this? And this is the stand you're taking?

At this point, after you've spoken down to a person, attacking their prior profession, and intentionally demeaning that profession using "cook" as a perjorative, perhaps you should appologize for your participation in the "Sammy Watkins" thread, since you seem to share his views.

Ben Carson was not caught in a lie, regardless of how much you desire so. You are obviously either totally ignorant about this media hatchet job or just being your usual partisan hack. (I'm thinking both)

I have no doubt that Westmoreland offered what appeared to a 17-year old Carson to be a free ride to West Point. He was West Point's wet dream being brilliant, accomplished, interested in the military, and yes, black. This is one of the dumbest witch hunt's I've seen in awhile. And even if he had lied, it's still a far cry from the whoppers Barry and Hilly have told.

By his own admission, he was hanging out smoking weed, snorting cocaine, and eating dog.

Nothing to see here MSM. Move along now. Oh, and what about those Clarence Thomas's video borrowing records, and, and, and, Ben Carson's other lies - like that he's a brain surgeon. No record of him being a brain surgeon now. Maybe he was once, be he isn't one now. MAJOR scandal!

So how again exactly did Hillary turn a $1,000 investment into $100,000 in the cattle futures market in less than a year? Hmmm.

Hey! Remember that Mitt Romney has a horse and he never paid income taxes for over ten years!

Burn the witches!

Consider his response to the reasonable objection that one would prefer someone with governing experience. His recent Facebook post answering this objection deserves to be quoted at length:

I would like to deal with one question tonight in some detail. The issue is experience. Several people ask what they should tell their friends when people say “I like Carson but he has no political experience.”

You are absolutely right—I have no political experience. The current Members of Congress have a combined 8,700 years of political experience. Are we sure political experience is what we need? .  .  . No one in Philadelphia, during that summer our nation was born, dreamed that service was a career with a pension. America was the land of the Citizen Statesmen. They were merchants, lawyers, farmers—and yes, even doctors. They were willing to stand for freedom. Today, the political class stands in the way, not for the people. They demand pensions and perks. This is not what our Founders envisioned for America. I spent my life treating very ill children. Over 15,000 times I gave my all to prolong their lives. I was blessed to do it. But when it came time for me to retire, I simply could not sit back any longer. These children became my family. What our government is doing to them is outrageous. I am prepared to risk all that I have to try and make a difference in their future. .  .  .

My experience is very different than what we have come to expect. I grew up poor. I know what it is like to be homeless and hungry. I know the pain of poverty. I also know that education and a mother’s love can be the path out of dire poverty. I know what it is like to see water fountains you are not allowed to drink out of because of your skin color. I also know that once you peel back the skin, the brain is the same no matter what your skin color or continent you live on. I know that victimhood is a trap. I know that it is our Christian responsibility to offer those less fortunate a hand up. I know my faith is strong and my ego is small. .  .  .

I do not have political experience, I have a life journey. A journey that not only made it possible for me to relate to so many different people, but also one where time and time again I was told I would fail, only to succeed. My candidacy is different, that I grant you. I have neither Donald Trump’s money or Jeb Bush’s political network. However, I wouldn’t trade a single child I treated for all of Trump’s money. While I admire the Bush family’s dedication to service, I too served—nights, weekends, holidays, birthdays and anniversaries with severely injured patients were my public service.

I didn’t go to embassy cocktail parties or beg lobbyists for money. I spent night after night in a quiet, sterile room trying to save the life of a small child. That was my life’s service. This is my life’s experience. What I have is a lifetime of caring, integrity and honesty. I have experienced the American Dream. Nowhere in the world, other than America, could a man whose ancestors were slaves rise to become a leading brain surgeon and one day seek the Office of President.

The very fact that I am running is testament to the greatness of America. If all you want is political experience then I cannot be your candidate.

Granted, it’s just a Facebook post. But it does suggest qualities of mind and soul that have been sorely missing in recent American public life.

This doesn’t mean Ben Carson should be the Republican nominee or the next president.

Myself I would prefer Sen's Rubio or Cruz, or Gov. Jindal.

But there is something heartening about the fact that so many Republican primary voters have rallied to Carson—so many in fact that he’s now the Republican frontrunner. James Webb, another impressive American, found no support and little sympathy in the Democratic party. That Republicans respect Carson, wish him well, and even would like to support him is a sign of the general health of the GOP.

So while Carson probably won’t and likely shouldn’t be the nominee, the Republican party is better for his candidacy.

Granted, it’s just a Facebook post. But it does suggest qualities of mind and soul that have been sorely missing in recent American public life.

This doesn’t mean Ben Carson should be the Republican nominee or the next president.

Myself I would prefer Sen's Rubio or Cruz, or Gov. Jindal.

But there is something heartening about the fact that so many Republican primary voters have rallied to Carson—so many in fact that he’s now the Republican frontrunner. James Webb, another impressive American, found no support and little sympathy in the Democratic party. That Republicans respect Carson, wish him well, and even would like to support him is a sign of the general health of the GOP.

So while Carson probably won’t and likely shouldn’t be the nominee, the Republican party is better for his candidacy.

If Carson suggests a healthy GOP to you, what does Trump's ascendence mean?

Ben Carson is irrelevant. The polls and this thread just haven't caught up with that yet for some reason....move along folks.

An apparent majority view hasn't caught up to your way of thinking, and the issue is everyone else?