Ben Carson

I find myself, once again, just like with Obamacare...knowing literally EVERYTHING about a topic, or at least in the 99th percentile...

...yet arguing with somebody whose very statements prove he knows nothing.

I just said, literally, that appointments can come from many sources. In fact, "West Point"(meaning the admissions people at the academy)only accounts for, depending on the year, 20-30% of the appointments.

Thus, 70-80% of the "offers" DO NOT come from West Point. The literal piece of paper does, but the decision does not. The other sources include: the coaches of all the myriad Division 1 Teams that have rosters to fill, the current Army Colonels/Generals who have their favorite sergeants to send, the politicians(all levels) who have their campaign donor's kids to send, the State Department-->countries/territories who send the single best kid they have, the senior bureacrat who calls in all their markers to get their kid in, the VP's secretary's cousin's kid, etc.

Like I said: it's mostly merit, but, there's a hell of a lot of politics, too.

If the Army Chief of Staff, right now, decided to appoint you to West Point tomorrow, he'd pick up the phone, order it, and the admissions Lt. Colonel on the other end would be lucky if the Chief stayed on the phone long enough to hear his "Yes, sir." That's exactly how trivial it is to the Chief.

Thus, if Carson wanted to go, and Westmoreland wanted him? Forget the process I had. It's literally, as I said, a 2 minute phone call. It becomes an order, and orders get followed, especially when they come from the thinnest air in the Army.

Now, do you understand, or am I going to have to deal with more schit?

except there apparently is no evidence that Westmoreland actually did this. as an aside, I went to school with his son, rip. interesting fella.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps.

If you are right: who is responsible for creating the conditions that make Carson "special"?

Well, yeah, it's the leftists constantly calling Republicans racist.

Look, I'm not blaming Republicans for participating in their own version of affirmative action here. I completely understand why it's happening, and Carson IS much more accomplished and likable than Obama.

But if Carson were white, he wouldn't be polling this high and receiving this much interest.

West Point characterizes them as scholarships. See:

CTJhkRgUwAAoB0X.jpg

I can personally attest to that being...a stretch. To this day, many of us knew then, and know now, that others didn't belong, because at their best, they were the 10th brightest, the 14th best.

Look, you can't be an idiot and get in. No one who has it, is going to expend their valuable political influence on their idiot/leftist d-bag kid/favorite soldier, just so he can go fail miserably, and make everybody involved look like even bigger idiots.

However, when we are talking 1400 slots, for most of the entire world, not just our country, literally hundreds of thousands of kids, all of whom are smart, or nobody would have bothered in the first place?

How do the 60k that get nominated become the 12-1400 that get appointed? Big numbers to relatively small ones --> there's going to be politics, and especially: agendas, involved.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Look, I'm not blaming Republicans for participating in their own version of affirmative action here. I completely understand why it's happening, and Carson IS much more accomplished and likable than Obama.

But if Carson were white, he wouldn't be polling this high and receiving this much interest.

Probably not. But if Heidi Klum were ugly, no one would give a **** about her either.

You think Carson is an extremist? :lol: You really are a phucking nutbag.

Think for yourself, wouldcha? Just once. C'mon. You can do it. Blind squirrel. Nuts Give it a try.

You'll have to excuse birddog. Barry wasn't an extremist and didn't have skeletons in his closet because the media didn't go after him.

And if B. O. were white, he'd be a kitchen helper somewhere in Hawaii smoking blow, hanging out, chillin', and eating dog more often than pork.

except there apparently is no evidence that Westmoreland actually did this. as an aside, I went to school with his son, rip. interesting fella.

There's no evidence that he didn't, and, there is evidence that Carson was Detriot's Cadet Captain, or damn close. Carson's story is therefore very plausible: Westmoreland would be talking to a top high school ROTC cadet. That's what Army Chief of Staffs do, especially when Viet Nam is going on.

EDIT: and to add Ozzy's point in, Viet Nam, AND, it's 1969, and you've been ordered to rustle up some black officers immediately, to comply with, or at least make it look like complying with, the Civil Rights act just recently passed.

Carson got what he thought was a scholarship offer. Why is this such a difficult concept?

The very first thing my eventual lacrosse coach told me and the 3 guys who were D-1 bound from my team was "Gentlemen, I'm here to give all of you a free ride if you play for me". If I never did another thing, I would have thought "free ride" meant...exactly what the other F'ing lacrosse coaches meant when they made me their free ride, half ride, and red shirt offers. :wallbash:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

EXTREMIST

0f5b6c9911be96228b7ee92ec8b5dd70.jpg

FAR RIGHT KOOK

dr-ben-carson-if-we-set-by.jpg

ben_carson2-620x373.jpg

There's no evidence that he didn't, and, there is evidence that Carson was Detriot's Cadet Captain, or damn close. Carson's story is therefore very plausible: Westmoreland would be talking to a top high school ROTC cadet. That's what Army Chief of Staffs do, especially when Viet Nam is going on.

Carson got what he thought was a scholarship offer. Why is this such a difficult concept?

Politico also include in their hit piece story, that they had (somehow) found the General's schedule from fifty years ago and that he had indeed attended the Michigan dinner.

see what the media can find when they are motivated ?

:D

Politico also include in their hit piece story, that they had (somehow) found the General's schedule from fifty years ago and that he had indeed attended the Michigan dinner.

see what the media can find when they are motivated ?

:D

BREAKING NEWS: Ben Carson's lies well-crafted, impeccably prepared.

!@#$ it. I'm sick of this double standard ****. Let's not try to explain anything to anyone.

At this point, what difference does it make, should be the only response that the media should get. And they should get it, and get it, and get it, and get it again, and again, and again. Trump showed the way - don't accept their false narratives. Throw it back in their laps and them them they're the dishonest liars and twisters of truth. Make them explain themselves. Make them ask similar questions of the Democrats. Like, how did Hillary turn $1,000 into $100,000 in a few months on cattle futures? wash, rinse, and repeat.

BREAKING NEWS: Ben Carson's lies well-crafted, impeccably prepared.

And all this, yet, he has no brain power!

I mean, are we really going back to the logic FAIL: GWB is both a complete idiot,

AND,

an incredibly talented liar (so much so that he fooled, Kerry, Hillary, and Biden into voting for the Iraq war)

...at the same time? :lol::wallbash:

I mean really, if this hilarious logic FAIL is all they have? Hillary is going to get Mondaled. And worse? Which state is her "home state"? :lol: Which state == her bastion of support? Where is her Minnesota?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Thanks for linking us to all the new information.

Now, now 3rd, you can't expect Gator to know what we have been discussing the past three pages..........lol

He must have just gotten his handout.

Edited by B-Man

The closer they get to paying off their Land Rover, the less reliable they become.

the crowd that made land rovers status symbols: http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/25/travel/on-the-trail-of-london-s-sloane-rangers.html?pagewanted=all

do you think they're more likely to be torries (cons) or liberals?

Sloane Rangers congregate there becayse they feel safest among their own kind. Named for Sloane Street and Sloane Square, the hub of their universe, Rangers are upper-class men and women who come 'up from the country' to live in London after finishing school or university. Their object is marriage. By definition, they are young for, once married, they may stay in twon until the first little Sloane arrives, but then it's back to the country, Land Rover and Labrador.

that paragon of liberalism, the wall street journal weighs in on carson: http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-carsons-past-faces-deeper-questions-1446861864

and this interview where the good dr explains he chose not to go to west point because he wanted to become a doctor. tell me oc, can one not do pre med at west point? do they not have the necessary science courses offered? do they make you sign something that says you won't pursue a career in medicine after graduation? do they not need physician officers in the military?

don't you trouble yourself oc. here's http://www.usma.edu/chemistry/sitepages/medical%20school%20option.aspx the answer.

Edited by birdog1960

the crowd that made land rovers status symbols: http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/25/travel/on-the-trail-of-london-s-sloane-rangers.html?pagewanted=all

do you think they're more likely to be torries (cons) or liberals?

Sloane Rangers congregate there becayse they feel safest among their own kind. Named for Sloane Street and Sloane Square, the hub of their universe, Rangers are upper-class men and women who come 'up from the country' to live in London after finishing school or university. Their object is marriage. By definition, they are young for, once married, they may stay in twon until the first little Sloane arrives, but then it's back to the country, Land Rover and Labrador.

that paragon of liberalism, the wall street journal weighs in on carson: http://www.wsj.com/articles/ben-carsons-past-faces-deeper-questions-1446861864

and this interview where the good dr explains he chose not to go to west point because he wanted to become a doctor. tell me oc, can one not do pre med at west point? do they not have the necessary science courses offered? do they make you sign something that says you won't pursue a career in medicine after graduation? do they not need physician officers in the military?

don't you trouble yourself oc. here's http://www.usma.edu/chemistry/sitepages/medical%20school%20option.aspx the answer.

This is one of the most clueless posts ever here. Almost as bad as someone going "toe to toe" with 4merper4mer.