Ben Carson

so back on topic, doesn't carsons explanation of his choice of medicine over west point appear disingenuous to you given that he could easily have done both?

No.

Your description of "he easily could have both" is a giveaway.

He chose the "hometown" University of Michigan and then Yale.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so back on topic, doesn't carsons explanation of his choice of medicine over west point appear disingenuous to you given that he could easily have done both?

What seems disingenuous to me is that you think you are better equipped to judge potential avenues for studying medicine than Carson. This is true even though you have no idea of the details that went into his decision at all. Why is it you feel you are better equipped to make this decision or determine that Carson made a bad decision? Are all schools offering studies of medicine identical?

This is one of the stupidest lines of reasoning I have ever read on here and that includes the moron who said Pat Buchanan was the worst president in history.

Edited by 4merper4mer

What seems disingenuous to me is that you think you are better equipped to judge potential avenues for studying medicine than Carson. This is true even though you have no idea of the details that went into his decision at all. Why is it you feel you are better equipped to make this decision or determine that Carson made a bad decision? Are all schools offering studies of medicine identical?

This is one of the stupidest lines of reasoning I have ever read on here and that includes the moron who said Pat Buchanan was the worst president in history.

The implication is that Dr. Carson was lying about the offer to West Point, because why wouldn't he have taken it when he could have easily done both.

Tasker's response (as usual) goes to the heart of the matter best, Dr. Carson simply chose not to enter the Military.

No.

Your description of "he easily could have both" is a giveaway.

He chose the "hometown" University of Michigan and then Yale.

yes, he chose those very fine schools. but he didn't give that as the reason deciding against west point. he said it was to pursue medicine. and no, doctors in the military are doctors first. they just happen to be in the military often for the reason of tuition reimbursement and being able to afford the process.

The implication is that Dr. Carson was lying about the offer to West Point, because why wouldn't he have taken it when he could have easily done both.

Tasker's response (as usual) goes to the heart of the matter best, Dr. Carson simply chose not to enter the Military.

then it would have been more honest to just say so. he didn't. it would appear to an impartial observer that he intended to capitalize on a military association through his writings and interviews when he actually clearly decided against going into the military.

Edited by birdog1960

yes, he chose those very fine schools. but he didn't give that as the reason deciding against west point. he said it was to pursue medicine. and no, doctors in the military are doctors first. they just happen to be in the military often for the reason of tuition reimbursement and being able to afford the process.

then it would have been more honest to just say so. he didn't.

He didn't have to.

Hill-and-Ben-600-LI.jpg

sure. nothing has been written about Clinton and any of these issues. nor have there been senate hearings with massive media coverage. cmon! if you really believe that then you should be blaming the right wing propaganda machine for not doing there job well enough. from my perspective they are fulfilling their role.

Well yeah, if you're parsing words, with an agenda of looking for a way to discredit someone, as opposed to doing actual journalism and looking for truth; then you could absolutely come to that conclusion, yes.

the public will be the ultimate judge. you wanna bet on him being our next prez?

then it would have been more honest to just say so. he didn't. it would appear to an impartial observer that he intended to capitalize on a military association through his writings and interviews when he actually clearly decided against going into the military.

Their "reasons" have nothing to do with the fact they hold military rank, which makes them military personnel.

This is usually the first thing someone writes before they start explaining how they drive a BMW 6 series.

Knuckle down, there, Scooter. We get it. You hate the black guy. Duly noted.

wouldn't want one. bad reviews and too expensive

. I don't hate the guy regardless of color. I think he's purposely deceptive and holds some bizarre beliefs.

Their "reasons" have nothing to do with the fact they hold military rank, which makes them military personnel.

I actually have an ex army doc partner and have met many military docs. I can tell you that they invariably consider themselves doctors first. their calling was/is medicine, not soldiering.

I actually have an ex army doc partner and have met many military docs. I can tell you that they invariably consider themselves doctors first. their calling was/is medicine, not soldiering.

He said nothing about soldier first doctor second. He simply said Carson would be military personnel which may not have agreed with him.

It seems to me that if he chose to pursue medicine...or anything else....it should go without saying that he should do that in the best way possible. If he felt the route he took was the best way to pursue medicine, no further explanation should be required.

At the very worst Carson stumbled over a sentence or two. Hillary stumbled over top secret documents on an email server she commissioned and lied directly to the face of fallen heroes relatives. If the roles were reversed, can you honestly say you'd be here slamming Hillary and doing the old "nothing to see here" for Carson? Dude, It's pathetic. It really is.

the public will be the ultimate judge. you wanna bet on him being our next prez?

The electorate will believe what they are told to believe.

The fact of the matter is, most people don't want to think to hard; much less do any rigorous evaluation of their personal biases. They'll eat up what what they're told. They'll never hear the retractions. They'll never hear the Harry Reids of the world admit that they lied in order in influence an election. They'll go along to get along, reading Facebook post after Facebook post of regurgitated garbage. They'll identify Carson as a race traitor, and an Uncle Tom, because it's convenient, and fits with their confirmation biases. They already know that black Americans can't succeed on their own, because they don't have the luxury of being white; which is why they need white people's help and pity.

So, no. Dr. Ben Carson will not be the next President of the United States. However not because he lacks the merit; but rather because he's the wrong kind of black man, and his success would destroy the broken myths about being black in America that the left has built it's castle on. And the left can't have that.

tasker did.

It doesn't matter how they feel about it, the fact of the matter is that their desire to practice medicine was subjugated to their legal obligation to be a soldier.

Carson didn't want a soldier's obligation.