Ben Carson

it seems he is a complete narcissist.

This is why no one takes you seriously here. Even gatorman knows every presidential candidate on the left or right is a complete narcissist. You have to be to run for that post.

It's when you're a thin-skinned narcissist like Obama and Hillary that people take exception to it.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why no one takes you seriously here. Even gatorman knows every presidential candidate on the left or right is a complete narcissist. You have to be to run for that post.

It's when you're a thin-skinned narcissist like Obama and Hillary that people take exception to it.

I don't believe for a minute that sanders or Kucinich are narcissists. Mondale either. hubert Humphrey, no. perhaps you can add some repugs.

there goes that premise.

The Power of Ben Carson’s Closing Statement
by David French
Ben Carson packed quite a bit into slightly more than 30 seconds of his closing statement, and each element resonated.
First, the lament — something is indeed broken in the United States. It’s a brokenness that people feel, that they’ve experienced. It does not feel like “morning in America,” and when Carson shared our sense of loss, it stung:
In the two hours of this debate, five people have died from drug-related deaths, $100 million has been added to our national debt, 200 babies have been killed by abortionists, and two veterans have taken their lives out of despair

Next, however, he pivoted to hope. We are not broken beyond repair. He returned to his natural role — the role he’s played for decades as one of nation’s most inspirational figures — the man who calls us to something better:
This is a narrative that we can change. Not we the Democrats, not we the Republicans, but we the people of America, because there is something special about this nation and we must embrace it and be proud of it and never give it away for the sake of political correctness.

Note, however, the crucial turn at the end, when he identified the ideology that causes so much woe. In Carson-speak, “political correctness” doesn’t simply mean tone-policing and speech codes, but rather a systematic worldview that fosters dependency and helplessness while silencing and marginalizing moral and political opposition. Political correctness is a fundamental threat to hope and freedom.
From the beginning, Carson has brought real value to the GOP primary. There is much ground to travel before the first votes are cast, but the Republican field and the conservative movement have been better for his presence.

I find the defense of BC funny - this is why I find the GOTP off its rocker - you are defending BC simply because a "liberal" is critical of him - much like a union will stick behind a member no matter how egregious their work habits are...fact is BC is not in anyway how who qualified to be POTUS. Not. Qualified.

My question with BC is - why is he running for POTUS - it seems he is a complete narcissist. He seems eminently qualified to help young kids live - why not continue to do that? Instead he stops that - writes a book that he calls himself "Gifted" and goes on speaking tours so he can be adored.

Besides his math sucks if he thinks you can store grain in the pyramids....

If you think the defense of BC is funny, you should be ROTFLOL at any defense of Hilly. Much less dare to pull the lever for her.

If you think the defense of BC is funny, you should be ROTFLOL at any defense of Hilly. Much less dare to pull the lever for her.

Come on dude get real. Carson mixed up the words scholarship and appointment. That is very unpresidential. Hillary simply pissed on the graves of heroes by lying to the faces of their parents for her own political gain. That is very presidential.

CARSON: “Every time we raise the minimum wage, the number of jobless people increases.”

THE FACTS: Actually, that usually doesn’t happen. When the minimum wage was increased in 1996 and 1997, the unemployment rate fell afterward. In June 2007, when the first of three annual minimum wage increases was implemented, the unemployment rate was unchanged until the Great Recession began six months later.

Economic research has found that when states raise their minimum wages higher than neighboring states, they don’t typically fare any worse than their neighbors.

It’s not known, though, what would happen to jobs if the minimum wage were doubled to $15— as many fast-food workers who demonstrated before the debate were demanding.

try again ben

CARSON: “Every time we raise the minimum wage, the number of jobless people increases.”

THE FACTS: Actually, that usually doesn’t happen. When the minimum wage was increased in 1996 and 1997, the unemployment rate fell afterward. In June 2007, when the first of three annual minimum wage increases was implemented, the unemployment rate was unchanged until the Great Recession began six months later.

Economic research has found that when states raise their minimum wages higher than neighboring states, they don’t typically fare any worse than their neighbors.

It’s not known, though, what would happen to jobs if the minimum wage were doubled to $15— as many fast-food workers who demonstrated before the debate were demanding.

try again ben

You do know there is a difference in the definition of "jobless people" and "unemployment rate" right? Or is the exact specific meaning of words a standard you only require others to follow?

another strong argument from the cook. perhaps you could expound.

the sloan ranger reference was in answer to the range rover comments directed at liberals

the salience of the wall street journal link is self evident to anyone with at least 4th grade reading comprehension.

the fact that carson explained his decision not to go to west point as a result of choosing medicine makes it pretty obvious why the presence of premed program there is relevant.

so what is the source of your confusion other than your intellect?

Sometimes your dumbassery surpasses even the gatorman's gold standard.

The joke about the Land Rover had nothing to do with what liberals drive. It's a reference I've been making about gatorman for the past month based on the fact that his posts here are so mindless and so obviously given to him by someone else to post, that it could only mean he is one of the trolls who gets paid to post progressive idiocy on message boards and comment sections.

You know...he's the guy you read in comment sections that writes something like "My brother-in-law quit his job after he earned over $5,357 last month and paid cash for a brand new Land Rover because of an incredible work-from-home part-time opportunity. Ask me how."

Predictably, you once again didn't hesitate to knee-jerk opine -- incorrectly -- about a topics you don't understand. Sometimes it's just better to lay off the keyboard.

330 posts in this thread and birdbrain has 46 of them. :thumbdown: That's over three times as many as gatordude has.

He's trolling you LA. He knew about the $0.10 per post job. In fact, he's working at it right now. It helps him pay off his student loans for going to med school in Granada.

Edited by Nanker

330 posts in this thread and birdbrain has 46 of them. :thumbdown: That's over three times as many as gatordude has.

He's trolling you LA. He knew about the $0.10 per post job. In fact, he's working at it right now. It helps him pay off his student loans for going to med school in Granada.

yep.. that's it. almost as plausible as some of gentle ben's ideas. no school debt. I went in- state to a u.s. school - it was very reasonable thanks to a progressive, highly subsidized state education system probably championed by some Rockefeller-esque liberal. never been to grenada but I've spent a fair amount of time on Caribbean beaches.

yep.. that's it. almost as plausible as some of gentle ben's ideas. no school debt. I went in- state to a u.s. school - it was very reasonable thanks to a progressive, highly subsidized state education system probably championed by some Rockefeller-esque liberal. never been to grenada but I've spent a fair amount of time on Caribbean beaches.

I can't believe you go to Carribbean beaches! Do you spend money on vacations because the government doesn't take your excess capital and give a tenth of it to the impoverished?