New owner should move the Bills to AFC North

Ralph Wilson felt the Miami rivalry was too valuable to give up. No disrespect to Ralph but that rivalry is long dead. I think the Bills now belong with the Steelers, Bengals and especially the Browns. Pittsburgh and Cleveland is just 3 hours away and Cinci is 6 hours. Fans of all teams could travel easily guaranteeing sellouts for everyone. Send the Ravens to the AFC East.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Ralph Wilson felt the Miami rivalry was too valuable to give up. No disrespect to Ralph but that rivalry is long dead. I think the Bills now belong with the Steelers, Bengals and especially the Browns. Pittsburgh and Cleveland is just 3 hours away and Cinci is 6 hours. Fans of all teams could travel easily guaranteeing sellouts for everyone. Send the Ravens to the AFC East.

I am 100% behind this. I screamed for this to happen in re alignment but like you said Ralph wanted to keep dealing with Miami when NE clearly had become THE rival. All 4 would sell out games and fill each others stadiums. But it makes too much logical sense for the NFL to do this

No way Pittsburgh or Baltimore give up that rivalry...one o, if not the best, in the the NFL over the last 10 years

The league won't break up the Steelers-Ravens rivalry.

The league won't break up the Steelers-Ravens rivalry.

I want to say, yes....but, based on results the NFL of today does things without fan approval.

To PTR, Cleveland is an interesting fan base.

Diehards just like us.

Now, time is a major factor. Some Browns fans love the Baltimore rivalry....Some still feel the pain and just would like to move on.

It would be interesting to send a question to Vic Carucci on this to see the Browns point of view.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I haven't watched the Bills get their asses handed to them for a decade by Brady and Co. only to change divisions when Brady is about to retire. I want to have a decade of kicking the crap out of the Pats as payback. They'll soon find out it's not so easy once your HoF QB retires...

For real, I want to get back to those days where the Bills were schooling the likes of Bledsoe, Tony Eason, Steve Grogan, Scott Zolak, Hugh Millen, and other guys that practically no current Patriots fan could even name.

I want Patriot blood. None of this re-zoning business.

I dont care. I just want to win the SuperBowl. I dont care who we have to go through.

I will always hate Miami with every fiber of my being. That wont change no matter what division we're in. In fact, that wont change even if (shussh-yo-mouth) the Bills are no longer in the league. Hate runs deep.

Edited by maddenboy

There could be a lot of logical reshuffling of divisions if the NFL really wanted to.

Just a quick and drastic restructure without much thought:

AFC North: Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore

AFC East: New England, New York, Miami, Jacksonville

AFC West: Kansas City, Denver, Arizona, Houston

AFC South: St. Louis, Cininnati, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay

NFC North: Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago

NFC East: New York, Washington, Philadelphia, Dallas

NFC West: Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego

NFC South: Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Tennessee

The ravens already have a pretty strong rivalry with NE. I could get behind this.

The Ravens biggest rivalry is the Steelers. The two teams hate each other....I just don't see that happening. The Roonies will block it.

Or...

There could be a lot of logical reshuffling of divisions if the NFL really wanted to.

Just a quick and drastic restructure without much thought:

AFC North: Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore

AFC East: , New York Jets, Miami, Jacksonville, Cincinnati

AFC West: Kansas City, Denver, Arizona, Houston

AFC South: St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, Tennessee

NFC North: Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago

NFC East: New York Giants, Washington, Philadelphia, New England

NFC West: Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego

NFC South: Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Dallas

I hear what ur saying but I like the Bills right where they are which will be even sweeter when they overtake the Pats as div king in the near future

Rivalries are never dead especially in 4 team divisions they are just not as good and all it takes is one game, one player or even one play to heat things up again

Edited by Max997

If you really want to shake things up...

South Division: Tampa, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston

East Division: New York Jets, New York Giants, New England, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh, Miami

West Division: Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis

North Division: Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati

Each team has one "partner" within their division, which they play home and home every year. You play your other six divisional opponents once each (three road, three home). That gives you eight of your games. Partners are:

South: Tampa/Jacksonville, Atlanta/Carolina, Dallas/Houston, New Orleans/Tennessee

East: Miami/Jets, Philadelphia/Giants, Baltimore/Washington, Pittsburgh/New England

North: Green Bay/Chicago, Minnesota/Detroit, Buffalo/Cleveland, Cincinnati/Indianapolis

West: San Francisco/Seattle, Oakland/San Diego, Kansas City/St. Louis, Denver/Arizona

No more conferences. Every year, each division will be paired with another one, and they rotate each year. So in year one, for example, the North and the West can be on one side, and the East and the South can be on the other. Your schedule is filled out by playing four games (two home, two away) against teams from the division that's paired with yours. Then you play two games (one home, one away) against teams from the other two divisions.

So the Bills schedule would look something like this:

Cleveland (home and away)

Home games in the division vs Indianapolis, Minnesota and Green Bay.

Away games in the division vs. Chicago, Detroit and Cincinnati

Home games against the division your partnered with: St. Louis, Seattle

Away games against the division your partnered with: San Francisco, Kansas City

Home games against teams from the other divisions: Tampa, Dallas

Away games against teams from the other divisions: Houston, Jacksonville

The winners of the North and West divisions would make the playoffs, with the team with the best record getting a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Teams that finish second and third in each division would also make the playoffs, plus there would be one wildcard winner who would play the division champion that didn't receive the bye. The second place finisher from one division would play the third place finisher from the other, setting up a playoff format on each side of the bracket like this:

Top division winner gets a bye and plays the lowest remaining seed after week 1 of the playoffs.

#2 division winner vs wildcard

2 North vs. 3 West

3 North vs. 2 West

Same thing happens on the other side of the bracket (East and South divisions) so 14 teams make the playoffs. Unless you earn the bye, you have to win three games to make it to the Super Bowl. Finally, you lose the Roman numerals and you just call it Super Bowl 50...instead of Super Bowl L.

If Buffalo and Miami had split wins and losses somewhat evenly throughout the decade of the 70s, there probably never would have been much of a rivalry between the two teams to begin with. The rivalry was based on Buffalo losing 20 straight games from '70 to '79 to go 0-for the entire decade of the '70s. Geez, if that's what it takes to form a rivalry, then to hell with it. True geographic rivalries would be much better and would eventually become much stronger. I always liked the idea of Buffalo in a division with Pittsburgh and Cleveland - hope it happens one day.

This is based on fear. No way the tables are turning even when Brady retires. Sorry folks

And this is based on what exactly?

The Pat's drafting ability over the last 10 years? :lol:

No. When Brady leaves, unless there are serious changes, many weaknesses, that have been accounted for by Brady, will be exposed.