RD5, Pick #153: OG Cyril Richardson - Baylor University

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he pulled plenty in the 2012 Bowl game vs. UCLA...Watched that game this morning...His weight was obviously down then, and he looked great...Really good...This kid has serious potential if he keeps his weight down and buys into what they want him to do strength and conditioning-wise...He could be a bulldozer-like RG...If we're looking at an O-line in the future with Glenn, Kouandjio, Woody, Richardson, and Williams...That's a lot of beef and talent up front...And if this team can blow some holes open for CJ, Freddie, and Brown...With the receivers we have now...This Offense has great potential long-term... B-)

http://youtu.be/WejXcdF-pFs :thumbsup:

I am also excited about Cyril Richardson. Before the draft, I chose Cyril in the second round, in various draft games. I know he got pushed around by Aaron Donald at Senior Bowl, but I actually thinks that he learned from that experience. I bet it was the first time that somebody pushed him over like that.

I am also excited about Cyril Richardson. Before the draft, I chose Cyril in the second round, in various draft games. I know he got pushed around by Aaron Donald at Senior Bowl, but I actually thinks that he learned from that experience. I bet it was the first time that somebody pushed him over like that.

I have the highest hopes of the draft for Richardson and Henderson. I hope Marrone really does know how to coach up o-linemen. Imagine a line of Glenn, Richardson,Woods,Henderson & Kouandjio. If Marrone could actually make that line work :worthy: :worthy:

Why did they every get rid of "Tiny Tim" Levitre?

From what Marrone said in his rookie mini-camp press conference, I would say that Levitre is almost the exact opposite of the type of guard they are looking for. The Bills want large, powerful run blockers while Levitre is more of a 2nd level finesse player. Andy was a phenomenal pass blocker and that's one area these big guys might not be so great in.

I spoke with Gil Brandt Monday morning on the radio, and he had an interesting take. He said to me "are you asking me about the Cyril Richardson of 2012 or 2013? He said in 2012 he was amazing and one of the best Guards in College football. In 2013 he gained too much weight and his first step was slower. He stated he has since lost that weight, and expects him to perform well for the Bills.

The godfather had rated him in his top 100 players in the draft so he would be a third to early 4th rounder. He meant by this comment that getting him in the 5th was a value pick.

I like Gil Brandt and he knows so much about these guys coming out in the draft. So Bills fans up there, keep Cyril out of the drive thru and we may have a solid left guard that pulls well with Wood and Glenn. That is some massive beef though.

Love reading stories like that. As fans we spout off and bash or praise players without a second thought, rarely pausing to consider their life circumstances and what they've been through to get where they are. Cyril is a guy you just want to root for.

11th best lineman in the state of Texas after playing only his Sr. HS season plus 1 game as a Jr.

If Marrone & Morris have an ounce of teacher in them I expect this kid to improve by leaps and bounds. He's only got 6 years of organized football under his belt (5 years at Baylor plus his Sr. year) and he missed the time when the basics are taught. Good for him that his brother was there to push him 'back' on the field.

For those interested, he's now listed on the roster :lol:

Seriously though, tremendous value pick if he stays in shape...this guy was the best guard in college football in 2012, and has the bulk and power to handle the Mo Wilkersons, Sheldon Richardsons, Vince Wilforks, Dominique Easleys, etc. that the Bills face twice per year.

Loved the Richardson pick, followed Baylor football closely this past year -- watched every game -- know this, Baylor plays the most up tempo offense in the country and despite he being a bit overweight, still held his own in that system, including their first 4 games in 100+ degree heat -- to me, this is all about getting him in top notch shape -- do that and he'll be a steal ---

For those interested, he's now listed on the roster :lol:

Seriously though, tremendous value pick if he stays in shape...this guy was the best guard in college football in 2012, and has the bulk and power to handle the Mo Wilkersons, Sheldon Richardsons, Vince Wilforks, Dominique Easleys, etc. that the Bills face twice per year.

I am embarrassed to admit I was worried about this. Years of being a Bills fan takes its toll.