RD5, Pick #153: OG Cyril Richardson - Baylor University

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and how many times did he pull in that game?

3 or 4 times... Not bad for probably 350 lbs. He has a nice upside it appears if he can be 325.

Video reminds me how much I liked Seastrunk... should work well for Gruden.

Edited by SmokinES3

This kid, might just be the steal of the Draft...I have loved what the BILLS have done in this Draft and really like all their picks, including the trade for Bryce Brown, but this might be my favorite pick because of what he represents: hell of a talent at a Draft position that is nowhere near representative of his future contribution to the team. Richardson's effect on this line, along with the other players, will be well documented by the end of 2016, the end of his second year. Great job by the BILLS!!

Three months from now, Mike Mayock and Cyril Richardson discussing how Cyril got hazed in training camp by the OL veterans:

http://www.quotes.net/movies/1495

Mike:

You want to tell me who did it?

Cyril:

It was dark... All I can tell your for sure is that they all wore Brut after-shave and reeked of Lavoris.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Yeah, and how many times did he pull in that game?

I know he pulled plenty in the 2012 Bowl game vs. UCLA...Watched that game this morning...His weight was obviously down then, and he looked great...Really good...This kid has serious potential if he keeps his weight down and buys into what they want him to do strength and conditioning-wise...He could be a bulldozer-like RG...If we're looking at an O-line in the future with Glenn, Kouandjio, Woody, Richardson, and Williams...That's a lot of beef and talent up front...And if this team can blow some holes open for CJ, Freddie, and Brown...With the receivers we have now...This Offense has great potential long-term... B-)

I know he pulled plenty in the 2012 Bowl game vs. UCLA...Watched that game this morning...His weight was obviously down then, and he looked great...Really good...This kid has serious potential if he keeps his weight down and buys into what they want him to do strength and conditioning-wise...He could be a bulldozer-like RG...If we're looking at an O-line in the future with Glenn, Kouandjio, Woody, Richardson, and Williams...That's a lot of beef and talent up front...And if this team can blow some holes open for CJ, Freddie, and Brown...With the receivers we have now...This Offense has great potential long-term... B-)

Agreed. Can't remember the last time I was excited about the O-line talent.

3 or 4 times... Not bad for probably 350 lbs. He has a nice upside it appears if he can be 325.

Video reminds me how much I liked Seastrunk... should work well for Gruden.

If he can bring his weight down and commit to a serious conditioning program he could be the real steal of this draft for the Bills. The question is, how committed is he to being all he is capable of being?

Get your point, but Cyrus actually has 16% body far. So...at least his flabby a$$ isn't too far away from his workout and nutrition goals.

You are right. Cyrus already is there, I should not have included him in the same sentence with the others when I shortened my post. But he does need someone to keep him that way. I was thinking more about efforts to strengthen his knee, not about his weight. And a serious effort by the Bills to pay attention to nutrition and conditioning is a huge need for the Bills.

Edited by simpleman

I really love this pick. I'm shocked he was there for us in the 5th round. Hell, he won the award for the top offensive linemen in the entire nation! Beating out Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews. Many had him as a 2nd round guy but a poor senior bowl seems to be the only reason he slid. Great for us.

He had a 89.5% blocking efficiency which is in the elite percentile. Baylor has had one of the top offenses in the nation during his time there.

A 330 lb bulldozer is exactly what this line needs. Once he is in a NFL strength & conditioning program, I think they will have no problem keeping his weight down to a trim 325 lb, haha. Marrone should be able to coach him up as well.

The more I read up on this kid, the more I think he is a legitimate contender to take Urbik's spot at RG. Just imagine him and Cyrus on the right side just mauling people with their nearly 700 lbs of muscle. CJ Spiller, FJax, and Brown must be kicking their chops with the solid additions to the line

If Chris Williams sucks enough to cut, do we eat a lot of money?

I'm asking because if Cyril is good enough we may not need Williams right?

CBF

At worst, Williams could be a backup G & T with experience. A little more expensive than you want for that role, but it's good to have guys like that for depth.

Just realized that Cyril Richardson is the only rookie that isn't listed on the Buffalobills.com roster... Strange.

On the potential of cutting Williams: I read somewhere that he has no guarantees beyond year one and could easily be cut after year one.

Edited by SBUffalo

Just realized that Cyril Richardson is the only rookie that isn't listed on the Buffalobills.com roster... Strange.

On the potential of cutting Williams: I read somewhere that he has no guarantees beyond year one and could easily be cut after year one.

I've noticed this as well...I could call it an oversight, but they've been diligent about updating it. Wonder why this is the case?