RD5, Pick #153: OG Cyril Richardson - Baylor University

Holy hell. If this draft gets graded any lower than a solid A, I'm not sure what to say. Need positions filled, best WR in this class or next... I'm shocked how happy I am with the moves this year.

Don't worry, someone will find filling all major holes and picking up a dynamic talent at WR will piss off someone.

While we are betting the farm on Watkins, I like how our O-line looks, love our RB's, love our WR group and am indifferent about our TE's. That sounds pretty promising.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's probably gonna play RG so it'll be glenn-williams-wood-urbik/richardson-kouandjo. i think cyrils run blocking is gonna give him the edge in camp. we will see tho. he is a absolute mauler in run blocking in a uptempo run based O.

bills really might run it 40 times a game.

I'm thinking that as well

the thought of what this offense could become if half of the what-ifs pan out is very exciting. it sounds like it will all start up front with a gang of maulers that have a bit of nasty to them. i love this draft, and i really want richardson to be motivated and if not win a spot, push the ever-loving crap out of the guy ahead of him.

Don't worry, someone will find filling all major holes and picking up a dynamic talent at WR will piss off someone.

While we are betting the farm on Watkins, I like how our O-line looks, love our RB's, love our WR group and am indifferent about our TE's. That sounds pretty promising.

lost in that group of non threatening tight ends is the fact that lee smith is a great blocker and that chandler is a very good reciever. if the are playing completely complimentary roles, i think they will provide plenty of production. and i am really hoping these maulers are going to open some GAPING holes for our platoon of running backs.

I have a hunch Gragg will step up and surprise some people.

For those that don't read scouting reports

"There are a lot of teams that could consider taking Richardson, especially in the second round. A number of teams picking in the top-20 selections of Round 2 need interior offensive line help and are likely to draft for defense or a quarterback in the first round."

Great value pick IMO

http://walterfootbal...crichardson.php

Wanna know why he dropped to the 5th round, luck for the Bills, along with a not so good showing at the Senior bowl.

Edited by FeartheLosing

For those that don't read scouting reports

"There are a lot of teams that could consider taking Richardson, especially in the second round. A number of teams picking in the top-20 selections of Round 2 need interior offensive line help and are likely to draft for defense or a quarterback in the first round."

Great value pick IMO

http://walterfootbal...crichardson.php

Of course, Walter gave us a B- for that pick. Because he always hates our picks.

At the end of the season Marrone was talking up those two late season signings JJ Unga and someone else, so he may be the starting guard, and this kid takes over in a year or two

Here are how low my expectations are at the guard position:

Success = Richardson > Colin brown

He played on Baylor's uptempo offense for a big man. He can be a dark horse to start this year at RG.

I wanted us to take two OL who could potentially fight for starting spots, and we did.

I wanted a play maker WR or TE, and we got one.

I wanted depth in the front seven, and we got one.

I wanted depth in the secondary, and we got one.

I wanted a backup plan for FJ/CJ and we got one.

I'm very pleased so far. :)

Yep, love the way this draft has fallen for us!

Of course, Walter gave us a B- for that pick. Because he always hates our picks.

I just got a good laugh at Walterfootball's evaluation of Sammy Watkins. They use a bullet system for strengths and weaknesses.

Here was Watkins:

Strengths:
  • Explosive play-maker
  • Threat to score on any touch
  • Game-breaking speed
  • Forces teams to keep a safety deep
  • Impacts game plans
  • Intimidates defensive backs
  • Quick release off of the line
  • Rare first-step quickness
  • Stretches the defense
  • Phenomenal body control
  • Good size
  • Very strong; built extremely well
  • Breaks tackles; gets yards after contact
  • Quick feet
  • Leaping ability
  • Great route-runner; sudden out of breaks
  • Quality hands
  • Adept at finding soft spots in zone
  • Regularly defeats double teams
  • Passionate for the game
  • Can run the ball out of the backfield
  • Rare athleticism
  • Physical blocker
  • Durable, experienced 3-year starter
  • Experienced, dominated good competition

Weaknesses:

• Had some off-the-field issues in 2012
  • Had a bit of slump in 2012

From everything I've read about Richardson it all revolves around his weight...When he was around 320 he played at a very high level...When he got up over 340 his play suffered greatly...

I always worry about guys with weight issues going to Buffalo because WNY food is the best...as we all know...It's a dangerous area of the country for anyone watching their waistline... ;)