Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

I presume he's viewed as the replacement for FJ for 2015.

Yeah, I was strictly talking about this year.

As of right now, we might not have FJ or CJ next year. So it's good we're starting to explore RB a bit.

Edited by Dorkington

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More likely a 3rd RB to back up FJax and CJ.

Teams don't give up a 4th round pick for a 3rd sting RB. Hell, teams look for starters in the 2nd - 4th rounds these days. This is a curious move. It's almost like they're preparing for life after FJ and CJ. Anybody know his contract situation?

a 7th rounder originally, we just gave up a 4th (possibly a third) for, a back up. Why do we consistently over value? Think they are addicted to trading/making noise.

LOVE this

Brown can flat out play. Fumbles can be corrected (usually). This kid would be a stud if not for the fumbles.

as a backup?

a 7th rounder originally, we just gave up a 4th (possibly a third) for, a back up. Why do we consistently over value? Think they are addicted to trading/making noise.

as a backup?

Identifying talent on pro rosters. This kid has a boatload of upside, and as it happens we don't have a good RB signed for 2015.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 2m

#Bills tried to get Brown from the #Eagles last year. Spiller on last year of rookie deal.

Some interesting links from Matt Waldman's Rookie Scouting Profile:

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/05/06/rsp-no-huddle-series-eagles-rb-bryce-brown/

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/11/17/bryce-brown-and-the-nfl-parable-of-the-backup-rb/

Teams don't give up a 4th round pick for a 3rd sting RB. Hell, teams look for starters in the 2nd - 4th rounds these days. This is a curious move. It's almost like they're preparing for life after FJ and CJ. Anybody know his contract situation?

They are keeping Freddy. Brown has this and next year left. He's a much better prospect as a RB than you could get in the 4th round IMO with starter potential. This is a sneaky clever move. Brown didn't fit into the quirky Chip Kelly offense. I think this is the end of Frank Summers. We keep Anthony Dixon to play the FB/ST role, and CJ, Freddie and Brown to play RB. To me, it's far better than drafting a RB in the fourth or fifth, with much better starter potential than anyone they could possibly get in the 4th.

as a backup?

Wow. Good 5th post...

as a backup?

Maybe you should ask the 49ers the same question when they gave us a 4th/C3rd for Johnson a 7th round pick...

Hell the Patriots probably should never have given Brady top QB money---he was a 6th round pick!

Do you even watch football or just watch highlights?

He was the number 1 recruit in the country when he came out. Talent is not the question.

Yeah, I was strictly talking about this year.

As of right now, we might not have FJ or CJ next year. So it's good we're starting to explore RB a bit.

Yes it is. Given his cost and price, I think it's a great move. Much rather have Brown than any RB left in this draft (or have to wait till next year to address the impending need).

Of course they're preparing for life after FJ -- he's 33. And who knows how the Spiller contract negotiations will go. To not address RB this off-season would have been negligent.

If you look at his highlights on Youtube he looks like the best RB in the league. You know there's a catch and i suppose it's the fumbling issue. If he corrects that this could be a great pickup. I hate getting and then losing the draft pick in the 4th/3rd but you gotta do it sometimes.