RD2, Pick #44: T Cyrus Kouandjio - University of Alabama

SDS

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so strange to me...In the first 3 Buddy years I never felt like I knew what they were up to...But these last two years have been far more stable and clear to me...Last year I wanted EJ and Woods...They got EJ, Kiko, and Woods...This year I wanted Evans and Kouandjio (though I fully admit I did not think he would slide that far...)...They got Watkins and Kouandjio...

For better or worse Whaley and I seem to agree a lot...I think Whaley should be concerned about that... :lol:

I don't think nix was too far off with his vision but even getting 1-2 more guys right by having stars align and 1-2 that they aggressively went and got.... Makes that vision much clearer. I'm sure nix loves both guys this year but doubt we'd get Watkins which would've left us wondering a bit when we walked away with a tackle at 9 and who knows at 41 as a result of that chain of events.... In the stars not aligning category Andrew luck staying in so we get dareus instead of cam...

Whaleys gotten a little luck, and created a little too. And it's been 2 very nice years as a result

I don't think nix was too far off with his vision but even getting 1-2 more guys right by having stars align and 1-2 that they aggressively went and got.... Makes that vision much clearer. I'm sure nix loves both guys this year but doubt we'd get Watkins which would've left us wondering a bit when we walked away with a tackle at 9 and who knows at 41 as a result of that chain of events.... In the stars not aligning category Andrew luck staying in so we get dareus instead of cam...

Whaleys gotten a little luck, and created a little too. And it's been 2 very nice years as a result

I do like how things are coming together. We still have some things to worry about though Ej is an unknown, but has the next 1-2 years to develop; DT has to be a need soon with Dareus's issues and KW getting up there, another DE would be nice to add as well. I think we should be set at WR for a while and I think we will have a very strong OL, especially if Hairston comes back.

I like that we aren't grabbing High 1st OL; you can get great value in the second round; those good players always slide near the end of the first and you have a chance in the top second to grab them.

I don't think Nix would have made the move up for Watkins, moving up is not his style. I think we would have taken Beckham at 9 if Buddy was running the draft. I love how Whaley is out scouting players like Sammy and making it happen...These are 2 great drafts.....

Cyrus is going to be a good RT for sometime I think...

I'm not going to act like I know that this is a good pick or not, but I loved his interview, sounds like he will be able to open up huge holes for CJ and FJ. I loved this quote from him "I take pride in run blocking and taking a man against his will in a direction that he does not choose." Haha love it!

I'm really interested to see what Marrone can make of Kouandjio...

I just think if you assume the knee is going to be OK the sky is the limit for the kid as an NFL RT... I know Mayock compared him favorably to Loadholt, but I think Kouandjio's upside is WAY higher...I watched a ton of Loadholt when he came out because I knew he was a possibility for the Bills, and I watched a ton of Kounandjio the last two years...And despite his raw numbers in shorts, Cyrus looks like a much better athlete to me with the pads on...The thing I loved when I watched Kouandjio at his best was how fluid and in control he can be for a man his size...He's just does not look as slow as he is when he's on the field...He moves great...Watch the LSU tape this year...He moves so smoothly into the 2nd level on some plays... He's going to have to get a bit stronger, but this kid is a monster...He'll get stronger when it's his job to do so...The trainers will see to that...I just see him as being a Cordy Glenn-type steal in the 2nd round as long as he stays healthy... In a year or two he could be one of the better RT's in the league... B-)

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cyrus-kouandjio-vs-lsu-2013/

Whaley on Kouandjio Selection <4:40>

Bills general manager Doug Whaley talks about the selection of Alabama tackle Cyrus Kouandjio in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Kouandjio Worth The Risk <2:13>

ESPN: Stephania Bell looks at the validity of the injury concerns surrounding new Bills lineman Cyrus Kouandjio.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Good pick for the Bills. Have done a very nice job in rounds 1, 2. This T is going to fit right in. We needed someone with his aggressiveness and temper cause of the young and big D line man in our Division. I like the pick. I think EJ, CJ, F JAX are going to like him better. Keep this young keep happy fellas cause he is going to be here a long time.

I'm not going to act like I know that this is a good pick or not, but I loved his interview, sounds like he will be able to open up huge holes for CJ and FJ. I loved this quote from him "I take pride in run blocking and taking a man against his will in a direction that he does not choose." Haha love it!

I was just about to post that quote myself. It's amazing. Very Churchillian.

i can't remeber who said this, but a while ago on wgr one of their guests was talking about linemen and said something i couldn't get out of my head..."out of all this year;s offensive linemen coming out for the draft, nobody moves the pile like kouandjio." (i have to think i am paraphrasing there, the the jist is there)

Hate it! Feel almost as bad as I did after the Roscoe Parrish pick. I said when Roscoe came out he was too small to ever be a #1 or #2 receiver and you only use 2nd round picks on guys who can be a #1 or #2 receiver. That 5.6 40 time is just too trouble for me. Might be able to play guard, but never tackle! I want to be wrong!

So, we don't line him up as a tackle eligible.