NFL.Com is thinking it may be Evans

Evans has had trouble in press coverage which scares me a little. With that being said he could be a beast in the redzone and has great hands. I too think that Evans will be on the Bills roster at the end of the night (if I had to pick a player). That would be a really good selection IMO, not a home run but a really good selection.

Of course, coverage is often press in red zone defense. Need to create that separation before you are free to get a jump ball.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, coverage is often press in red zone defense. Need to create that separation before you are free to get a jump ball.

I don't disagree at all. They are going to have to be creative down there to make sure that he gets off the line because he will win in the air.

He thinks he can handle it!

http://espn.go.com/b...t-wr-mike-evans

On how he's handled press coverage from physical cornerbacks: "When I've faced it, I've had my career days, so I like man coverage. If you watch my film, I think you'll see that I like it, and I embraced it."

I still think that at least one reason they brought in Ross Cockrell for a visit is to pick his brain on what he did to limit Evans in the 1st half of the bowl game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I fully support drafting Evans, but only if he slips to #9.

He is not worth our 1st and 2nd, or 1st and two 3rds. If we move up, we'll only be getting 1 immediate contributor from this entire draft. The Bills cannot afford to do that.

I would love this pick as long as they keep the 2nd round pick in the trade up. Give them a 3 this year and next.

I could not agree more. It will depend on how far they need to move up. If it is to 5, they may need to give up the 2nd. The Raiders are stupid though and need picks so let's hope they take the 3rd.

Let's hope this is smoke and mirrors. The Bills can I'll afford to give up picks.

I agree, why give up picks in the deepest draft in years? I just don't think any off the guys being mentioned are worth trading up for, nor are the Bills in the position to do this. They are not one layer away from contending.

I think the QBs are going to fall, this opens up the opportunity for trading back. Somebody is going to be in love with one of these QBs. More picks not less. First three rounds get your OT, WR, TE And LB.

I agree, why give up picks in the deepest draft in years? I just don't think any off the guys being mentioned are worth trading up for, nor are the Bills in the position to do this. They are not one layer away from contending.

I think the QBs are going to fall, this opens up the opportunity for trading back. Somebody is going to be in love with one of these QBs. More picks not less. First three rounds get your OT, WR, TE And LB.

They wouldn't be trading all their picks.

Evans would be far better than a "versatile O-lineman" who will hardly be noticed next year or they year after...

The price of top 10 picks has dropped so dramatically since the last CBA, there is no reason to spend one on a "safe" pick like T. The likelihood of Evans being an impact player is far greater than any T in the draft, based on position alone.

Throw a a big long corner on him or a safety over the top and he's done in the NFL.

You realize that double teaming him leaves others open...that's why you have a number 2..Stevie Johnson and Mike Williams and woods and...we are full of #2 (that was intentional)

Loved this

I agree that I would prefer them not to trade up in general but this is the only player where I would think it is the best move they can make. Whaley has said repeatedly that their goal this year is to make the playoffs and that he feels they don't have any glaring needs. He does not think they are rebuliding and need to stock up on picks. When he traded the 6th rd pick for MW he made the comment that he thought it would have been difficult for a guy we drafted in the 6th to make the team anyway. Whether we all agree with that or not, that is how they are approaching this draft. If that is how you see your team, then you can't be afraid to give up a pick to get a guy you think we will a difference maker and get you over the hump. I think Evans could be a piece of that puzzle as we do not currently have anyone on the roster who can do what he does. He is the kind of WR who can bail out a QB and if the first priority this season is to make the playoffs, then 1B is to make damn sure EJ is the franchise QB. If you give him Evans plus Woods, Williams, SJ, Goodwin and he can't look good, they can't say they didn't surround him with the tools.

Excellent points. Whaley & Marrone have got to be all in this year. Think about it. New Owner coming in, if they don't make the playoffs they are probably out. Just the way it is. With that being said I don't think they are going to lose much sleep if a player they want is there & they need to give up picks for next year. I would love to see Evans in a Bills uniform. For what the Bills need I think I would rather have him the Watkins either one would be fine with me though.

Edited by Gordio

I'd be happy with Evans at 9. If we trade up for him and give up next years first with this years (plus other picks too).......ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by NewEra