Bills, Lions trying to trade UP to ........

.....the Jaguars spot at #3 overall for a "bargain price" according to NFL Network. Who do they want that badly??

It could be Robinson/Watkins/Mack..............but what if it is Manziel????

It isn't. So yes, it could be Robinson/Watkins/Mack.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds are IF the Bills and Lions want to trade up, it will cost big to move up. There is "no bargain" in moving up into the top 3.

From 9 to 3 and 10 to 3, the Bills and Lions will have to wager several future picks...most of them over the course of 2-3 years and they will be high draft choices.

Now, IF the deal goes down expect it to be for Sammy and a deal similar to the Julio Jones deal.

Enjoy the next 48 hours

Miami gave up a 2nd to move into the top 3. I don't see the Julio Jones comparison. Atlanta moved up 20 spots. I'd say Atlanta won the trade. Miami moving up to 3 looks like a flop right now with Jordan being a non-factor.

Only the bills would trade up in a year when they should trade down.

Then, when they get to the highest pick they have had in like 30 years, they will pick an ordinary position player, instead of a franchise QB.

The other way to think about it is that getting one of the 5 or 6 elite players in one of the strongest draft classes in recent memory would be a very smart and opportunistic move...just like trading down in a weak draft (last year) turned out to be--just to play Devil's Advocate.

The other way to think about it is that getting one of the 5 or 6 elite players in one of the strongest draft classes in recent memory would be a very smart and opportunistic move...just like trading down in a weak draft (last year) turned out to be--just to play Devil's Advocate.

I agree with this sentiment. For the moment, Whaley and the "new regime" maintain a modicum of credibility. I trust they will move up only for the right player--- Watkins can play right away and have an impact, and I think that's what they'd like to accomplish. If the price is too steep or Watkins isn't gettable, then I trust they will stay at 9 or move back as they did last year.

Unless they grossly overpay or seriously botch their pick, they're almost in a win-win position.

Again... "for the moment". That can all change quicker than Aaron Maybin's first step.

I was joking (mostly). I actually am excited at the prospect of trading up. It would be exciting, at a minimum.

I was joking (mostly). I actually am excited at the prospect of trading up. It would be exciting, at a minimum.

I think Whaley wants some immediate impact starters. Not a bunch of prospects that may or may not see the field just because they were able to add picks. This is why I see him trading up if at possible to get someone like that. If he is stuck at 9 because the deal was too much for Evans/Watkins and they feel they can get the next BPA on their board at a later pick, I think he'll go that route. Like they did with EJ.

I think Whaley wants some immediate impact starters. Not a bunch of prospects that may or may not see the field just because they were able to add picks. This is why I see him trading up if at possible to get someone like that. If he is stuck at 9 because the deal was too much for Evans/Watkins and they feel they can get the next BPA on their board at a later pick, I think he'll go that route. Like they did with EJ.

I think we have options, which is ideally what you want. We may have a chance to secure a real elite guy, and still not decimate our draft. If that doesn't happen it is still a tenable situation to stay at nine, or trade down. In a trade down the emphasis becomes beefing up the roster as a strength.

Only the bills would trade up in a year when they should trade down.

Then, when they get to the highest pick they have had in like 30 years, they will pick an ordinary position player, instead of a franchise QB.

All the teams know this. That's why the can move up more easily without giving up too much.

Miami gave up a 2nd to move into the top 3. I don't see the Julio Jones comparison. Atlanta moved up 20 spots. I'd say Atlanta won the trade. Miami moving up to 3 looks like a flop right now with Jordan being a non-factor.

Overall, it will take multiple picks to jump into the top 3. Includes this years first, second and high picks over the next few years.

I agree with Miami and Jordan, but will probably high

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 5m

Continue to hear Lions and Bills exploring options to move up to get a top 3 OL if it makes sense. Otherwise, 1 of the two could take Ebron

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 1m

Note on #Bills WRs: Coaches love Robert Woods. Think he has a chance to take another big step in his career.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 3m

It's consistency on other side that they want.

Overall, it will take multiple picks to jump into the top 3. Includes this years first, second and high picks over the next few years.

I agree with Miami and Jordan, but will probably high

I disagree. I think it'll take probably a 1st, 2nd, and late pick. All depends on what happens. Jay Glazer reports that Cleveland won't take Manziel at 4. I'm not sure. I think the first trade up in the draft will be for Manziel.

.....the Jaguars spot at #3 overall for a "bargain price" according to NFL Network. Who do they want that badly??

It could be Robinson/Watkins/Mack..............but what if it is Manziel????

Why would the Lions want Manziel?

Only because Cleveland could not scout or Draft worth a...The Browns easily could have had DT Muhammad Wilkerson, WR Randall Cobb, CB Richard Sherman, and QB Russell Wilson...They also used the 2012 4th they got from Atlanta to move up one spot for Trent Richardson when they could have just stayed put and taken any number of better players at #4 overall... Alfred Morris went in the 6th round in 2012...And he's MUCH better than Richardson...

Instead they got DT Phil Taylor, WR Greg Little, FB Owen Marcic, and QB Brandon Weeden... :o