All right, sources have reported back, and this happens next Thursday.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sammy Watkins is there at 4, the Bills will trade their 1st, 2nd and Stevie Johnson to Cleveland for the rights to take Sammy Watkins. Something could change, but as of today, this is on the table...Not sure this makes us better, but they see something in Sammy and envision a long term relationship with EJ and him.

If Sammy is not there, they are more than happy with Matthews or Ebron at 9.

Well done Kipers Hair!

SJ13 trade gives credence to this story about the price for moving up from #9 to #4.

1) #9, that's a given

2) 2014 2nd equivalent value to 2015 1st

3) SJ13 equivalent to 2015 4th since that's exactly what he was traded for

Edited by Ralonzo

If Sammy Watkins is there at 4, the Bills will trade their 1st, 2nd and Stevie Johnson to Cleveland for the rights to take Sammy Watkins. Something could change, but as of today, this is on the table...Not sure this makes us better, but they see something in Sammy and envision a long term relationship with EJ and him.

If Sammy is not there, they are more than happy with Matthews or Ebron at 9.

Good call! Thanks for the info...................I wish it did end up exactly that - I'd rather lose this year's 2nd than next year's first.

No the compensation was wrong. Stevie was not traded

not yet....

We'll see, but nothing the Bills have done or said indicates that they don't want Stevie anymore. In fact, everything they've done suggests the opposite.

Just so you know, we would lose $3.5 million in cap money if we trade Stevie this year. We paid him a $1.7 million bonus in March. He won't be traded.

other than drafting Robert Woods, signing Mike Williams and drafting Sammy Watkins I agree with ya (laffin)

I do agree they will not "cut" stevie because of his dead money......but they would trade him for peanuts to dump his salary.

Perhaps you should think your answers through. Are you aware that Marrone brought Stevie and Andre Reed with him to pick up Mike Williams at the airport? Are you aware Marrone called Stevie personally to tell him any rumors about Stevie's future on the team were false? Are you aware that they paid Stevie Johnson a $2 million dollar bonus? If it was about cash they never would have given him that money.

Yeah those sound like things you do for players that you want off your team.

the fact remains that stevie has the second highest cap hit on the team and isn't even one of our top ten players. he is at risk of getting moved.

Yes, lets trade our 3x 1,000 yard slot receiver for a mid round pick AND lose $3.5 million in cap space. That sounds like the best trade ever. They should make people take IQ tests before they can post here.

boom

Wasn't throwing darts....if you go back to 2013...same sources led me to the trade and drafting of EJ Manual. Just wish I had some insight into rounds 2 & 3...

Credit is due.