Donald Sterling in hot water

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifetime suspension and 2.5m fine!

WOW.

And will be forced to sell the team. *Needs 3/4 owner approval though*

Life time ban is merited imo. Now let's kick ass La!!!

clearly, they were tired of him being around even before this.

wonder if he will fight it, or fade away.

I'm pretty sure the other owners will force him out. With the backing of the commish and the "outrage" this tape is causing, it would be in their best interest to vote his ass out.

I'm pretty sure the other owners will force him out. With the backing of the commish and the "outrage" this tape is causing, it would be in their best interest to vote his ass out.

It will be interesting to see. After hearing Cuban's take on it being a slippery slope, I'm not so sure how they'll vote.

Life time ban is merited imo. Now let's kick ass La!!!

the commish wouldnt have made this statement unless he was confident it was going to happen id guess.... though who knows

Edited by NoSaint

The email I got from the Washington Post says otherwise:

Sterling will not be forced to sell the Los Angeles Clippers and members of his immediate family are not suspended.

It will be interesting to see. After hearing Cuban's take on it being a slippery slope, I'm not so sure how they'll vote.

it surely is an interesting spot, as hes DEFINITELY not the only one in the NBA to make inappropriate comments - especially at home.

Not to be a douche...but I think this belongs in a thread Off the Wall seeing as it's not football or Buffalo Bills related....

However, given it's right here, I'll say my two cents:

Private conversations are just that, private...what he said was abhorrent and represents an arcane and provincial stream of thought that does not belong in modern society. However, for the NBA to rule on anything said or done in private that is NOT illegal and was not done as a representative or as an owner of the Clippers is reprehensible in my mind...it is one step closer to censorship. To levy a ban and or consequences for words exhanged between lovers when he had FULL expectation of privacy and the belief that what was said was to be kept between to people struggling in a relationship, is ludicrous and tantamount to abuse of power by the NBA. I do NOT agree with him and I fully believe he should feel the consequences of his actions / words, but do so in the proper context. Have your fans bail on buying tickets and merchandise until he sells the team, hold protests out front, write letters to papers and on social media expressing your outrage...but for the NBA to take any formal action, against anyone, expressing their opinion or thoughts in private is wholly unconstitutional in my mind....detest his opinion, but too much blood has been spilled and too many lives have been lost, to not protect his freedom to say it...

what a fu**ing moron, what the hell was he thinking?! So black people are good enough to work for him and make him a millionaire, but not good enough to be seen with him in public? LOL the POS GOT WHAT HE DESERVED, I pity him and his misguided thinking, may God have mercy on his soul...

Not to be a douche...but I think this belongs in a thread Off the Wall seeing as it's not football or Buffalo Bills related....

Private conversations are just that, private...what he said was abhorrent and represents an arcane and provincial stream of thought that does not belong in modern society. However, for the NBA to rule on anything said or done in private that is NOT illegal and was not done as a representative or as an owner of the Clippers is reprehensible in my mind...it is one step closer to censorship. To levy a ban and or consequences for words exhanged between lovers when he had FULL expectation of privacy and the belief that what was said was to be kept between to people struggling in a relationship, is ludicrous and tantamount to abuse of power by the NBA. I do NOT agree with him and I fully believe he should feel the consequences of his actions / words, but do so in the proper context. Have your fans bail on buying tickets and merchandise until he sells the team, hold protests out front, write letters to papers and on social media expressing your outrage...but for the NBA to take any formal action, against anyone, expressing their opinion or thoughts in private is wholly unconstitutional in my mind....detest his opinion, but too much blood has been spilled and too many lives have been lost, to not protect his freedom to say it...

He has the freedom to say and do whatever he wants within the law, as a US citizen. However, his employer (yes, owners are effectively employees of the NBA) can fine/fire him for behavior that effects the "company" and it's reputation.

Would you be surprised if your coworker was fired after your boss found pictures of your coworker in KKK robes? Further, what if said KKK robe wearer was publicly known as a representative of your company?

Edited by Dorkington

Seriously? He has all the freedom in the world to say whatever the hell he wants. That doesn't mean it can't come without consequence.

What you say matters. There's no constitutional right to say whatever you want without taking responsibility for it.

On a side note, we should seriously start a "Bring the Clips Back to Buffalo" movement.

Edited by Rubes

He has the freedom to say and do whatever he wants within the law, as a US citizen. However, his employer (yes, owners are effectively employees of the NBA) can fine/fire him for behavior that effects the "company" and it's reputation.

Would you be surprised if your coworker was fired after your boss found pictures of your coworker in KKK robes? Further, what if said KKK robe wearer was publicly known as a representative of your company?

People get fired every day for stuff posted on social media sites that is way less inflammatory than what he said