Camp Manuel

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armed&Dangerous QB@ArmedDangerQBS Apr 18

Well, my week in Miami training @EJManuel3 has come to an end! EJ got better with every rep and things really came 2gether on the final day!

@EJManuel3: @armeddangerqbs http://Instagram.com/p/m6NB39KDBQ/

Thanks for the link. who is spurring him on from the camera ?

I love football.

Great to hear. Some folks underestimate how much the injuries to Manuel and the wrs hurt chemistry. Practice time missed leads to sloppy chemistry. Every wr but Graham got hurt last year. So it's not surprising that EJ & the wrs struggled to get on the same page.

Also, there is zero comparison as a leader between EJ & guys like Losman and Edwards. Edwards was a quiet guy who didn't have a presence. Losman was hated by a lot of his teammates the second he was drafted. EJ was respected the second he was drafted.

Great to hear. Some folks underestimate how much the injuries to Manuel and the wrs hurt chemistry. Practice time missed leads to sloppy chemistry. Every wr but Graham got hurt last year. So it's not surprising that EJ & the wrs struggled to get on the same page.

Also, there is zero comparison as a leader between EJ & guys like Losman and Edwards. Edwards was a quiet guy who didn't have a presence. Losman was hated by a lot of his teammates the second he was drafted. EJ was respected the second he was drafted.

Yup he sure seems to be doing everything he can to try and improve. Plus as you said all the leadership feel good intangible stuff seems to be in place as well. No one can call him a slacker that's for sure.

Time will tell if all of this leads to a better performance on the field or if it is just some more lipstick on a pig.

Camp Manuel:

EJ Manuel

Tony Moeaki

Brandon Kaufman

Stevie Johnson

Kevin Elliot

Another article said Robert Woods and C.J. Spiller also attended.A post by Gragg said he was there, too:

Retweeted by EJ Manuel

w9SPMNYb_bigger.jpeg

Good lil week of work with my boys
and B Kauf

That's cool... though Chris Hogan & TJ Graham are most conspicuous by their absence.

Glad to see this. It's encouraging, and I hope his teammates are buying in. IMO the biggest thing the Bills have been missing over the years is that killer instinct that comes when you have absolute confidence in yourself and in your teammates. Seems like so many times we would be up by a score and we just needed to put that one more on the board to put it away, but we couldn't go for the throat and we'd let the other guys back in the game. Or we'd be rallying, within striking distance, and we'd almost realize that we were about to go for the win and we'd blow it. Great teams know how to capitalize on those moments when they're in front of them and go for the win, not just being happy that it's close.

Really hope EJ is that guy who will lead that attitude, and we see more games like the Jets at home last year. We got up, and we stayed up. The Jets made a play, and we responded and shoved it down their throats on the next play. The defense would make a big play in a sack or turnover, and the offense would immediately respond and score. When the team knows how to take advantage like that with offense and defense complimenting each other and building off each other, going for the throat when the other guys are on their heels, that's how you dominate football games. Again, here's to hoping EJ can help rebuild that winning attitude!

Glad to see this. It's encouraging, and I hope his teammates are buying in. IMO the biggest thing the Bills have been missing over the years is that killer instinct that comes when you have absolute confidence in yourself and in your teammates. Seems like so many times we would be up by a score and we just needed to put that one more on the board to put it away, but we couldn't go for the throat and we'd let the other guys back in the game. Or we'd be rallying, within striking distance, and we'd almost realize that we were about to go for the win and we'd blow it. Great teams know how to capitalize on those moments when they're in front of them and go for the win, not just being happy that it's close.

Really hope EJ is that guy who will lead that attitude, and we see more games like the Jets at home last year. We got up, and we stayed up. The Jets made a play, and we responded and shoved it down their throats on the next play. The defense would make a big play in a sack or turnover, and the offense would immediately respond and score. When the team knows how to take advantage like that with offense and defense complimenting each other and building off each other, going for the throat when the other guys are on their heels, that's how you dominate football games. Again, here's to hoping EJ can help rebuild that winning attitude!

One thing I loved from last season was no matter what players were on the field the team was aggressive. For years we saw timid play when a starter was out and that used to make me so angry

To me, I think EJ is very confident in himself without being in-your-face cocky. I think the coaching staff knows that the best thing for him was to tell him - you are the starting QB next year. This is your team. Now go. While some people think that isn't the right approach and he should have been tpld the job is open, we are drafting another guy too, you need to earn it back. etc... I don't think so with EJ. Maybe that should have been the case with Mark Sanchez in NY, who spent his offseason doing GQ shoots and surfing in LA, but if you know the player you know what motivates him. Telling him to go out there and lead the team - if we win its all you, if we lose - its on you. He may be the type to embrace that and succeed.

I'll say the same thing in public that I have just said to many who had contributed to this thread in private...There are posts that you will agree with & there are posts that you will disagree with, that is understood. It should also be understood that you will do so agreeably. Sniping, no matter what side of the fence you sit on isn't allowed.

Everyone take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard for a minute and remember, (to borrow SDS's words in the TOS) treat everyone here as you want and expect to be treated.

I cannot speak for any other mods, but, I will tell you that I personally have taken to PM's rather than issuing warnings. That will change if people's behavior does not improve. Just because this is a Bills site, it gives no one carte blanche to attack someone whose opinion you disagree with.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

If anyone needs a refresher on the board TOS...they can be found here: http://forums.twobil...tion=boardrules

It is a good thing that EJ and the receivers are doing. Hopefully it translates to better play on the field. If it does, everyone will be happy.

good post. We are all Bills fans, we should be ridiculing the opponents! Glad that EJ is putting in the work, or some work to get timing and footwork down. Much better than the BS Suh is pulling in Detroit. He may fail, but I'd rather have him try and fail than just never try. But as another poster stated, show me the W's!

To me, I think EJ is very confident in himself without being in-your-face cocky. I think the coaching staff knows that the best thing for him was to tell him - you are the starting QB next year. This is your team. Now go. While some people think that isn't the right approach and he should have been tpld the job is open, we are drafting another guy too, you need to earn it back. etc... I don't think so with EJ. Maybe that should have been the case with Mark Sanchez in NY, who spent his offseason doing GQ shoots and surfing in LA, but if you know the player you know what motivates him. Telling him to go out there and lead the team - if we win its all you, if we lose - its on you. He may be the type to embrace that and succeed.

Also good to see some of the Vets showing up. The team has talent, if they all get on the same page, hopefully the W's quickly follow.

Man...when did you start being such a buzz kill? We all realize that, ultimately, wins are what matter...but in case you didn't realize, they don't start playing real games until September. I can understand not getting too jazzed up about this...but you act like it is a negative. It is tough sometimes to keep things separate, but as long as you are still a fan of the team (and I know you are a die-hard), I find it much easier to enjoy this team if you don't hold everything bad that has happened in the last 15 years against the current team...

I wish I would have said it this way.

That's cool... though Chris Hogan & TJ Graham are most conspicuous by their absence.

TJ has been busy with an Xbox tournament at Walden Galleria last week and The "2014 TJ Graham High School Football Challenge" over the weekend. He'll be coming to Buffalo and Rochester next (http://tjgrahamskillschallenge.com/). He acts as if his roster spot is etched in stone, which it probably is.

TJ has been busy with an Xbox tournament at Walden Galleria last week and The "2014 TJ Graham High School Football Challenge" over the weekend. He'll be coming to Buffalo and Rochester next (http://tjgrahamskillschallenge.com/). He acts as if his roster spot is etched in stone, which it probably is.

What would this involve, exactly? HS kids already know how to catch with their hands and not their stomachs.

What would this involve, exactly? HS kids already know how to catch with their hands and not their stomachs.

But they need lessons on how to leave their feet to do it.

GO BILLS!!!

So him working with high school students is a bad thing?

Wait, now we're dumping on players for giving back to their communities?

I'm no big TJ fan, but c'mon, that's reaching.

TJ is, by all accounts, a great guy. Not criticizing him for giving back. I think it was a joke, and also in relation to no mention of him being involved in the workouts with EJ.

One thing I loved from last season was no matter what players were on the field the team was aggressive. For years we saw timid play when a starter was out and that used to make me so angry.

First off - Way to go EJ. In the new NFL trade agreement, a QB and WRs must meet off campus to practice. How crazy is that? but anyway, Peyton Manning just got through doing the same thing with his guys.

Can you please point to an example or two of Bills teams in the past playing "timid"? I've always felt the Bills play hard and was one of the reasons I signed on as a fan.

It could be argued that there were several timid moments in 2014.

• Having 2 receivers fumble the ball closing in on FG range or in FG range late in game vs. Atlanta.
  • Giving up 2 long punt returns vs Clowns.
  • After we sort of get back in game vs NE, immediately give up long KO return.
  • D folding up and giving up wining score vs Patsies in week 1.
  • Whatever you want to call that we did vs Pitt and Tampa Bay sure looked timid.
  • After getting stuffed on 4th and 1 on a very strange play call (timid?), D rolls over and gives up 99 yard TD drive vs Bungles.

I would call the Bills play over the years ineffective, not timid. And we saw plenty of it last year as well.

Edited by reddogblitz