Camp Manuel

Well, we have you to make arguments of similarity between EJ and Peyton for starters. B-)

PS: I'm fine with enthusiasm, but staying centered is ok in my book too. ;)

PPS: I'm in the camp of hopeful but definitely not completely sold fans. HTH.

it's football stuff man. Enthusiasm is okay.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If EJ becomes a successful starter it may change the way the league develops QB's. The trend right now seems to be one and done. In the good old days (yea, I sound like my grandfather) a QB sat for 3 or 4 years and came in when he was ready. Not saying you should sit a QB for three years but one year of sitting and a little more effort to build a team around your rookie qb(like the Bills are doing) seems like a better plan than casting a guy off if he doesnt throw for 3500+ yards with 20+ tds his rookie year. It took 4 years for the k-gun to take off. That was a combination of adding more talent and JK getting experience.

Edited by DOGNESS

If Manuel fails it wont be for lack of trying and work ethic. Everyone knew Manuel was "RAW" coming out of college. The talent and the tools are there but they need to be coached up and developed.

Thing is, most players coming out of college have boat loads of talent and ability. Few have the drive and determination to succeed.

I feel that is one of the main reasons that Manuel become a first rounder in Buffalo's eyes. You will see QBs of similiar build and similar tool sets like Manuel go later in drafts. The reason Manuel asscended (among other things) was because Buffalo knew that they could get Manuel to that level because he him self will do whatever it takes to get to that level.

I total agree with this, I do think (and hope) he will develop into an upper-tier QB, but he will need time. I hope the organization and fans have the patience.

I total agree with this, I do think (and hope) he will develop into an upper-tier QB, but he will need time. I hope the organization and fans have the patience.

Well, according to the experts here on TBD, we should trade up for Manziel, and EJ should be benched immediately, because he did a football camp like Mark Sanchez, and Mark Sanchez is the worst, so EJ must be worst, and Ralph is cheap.

Edited by Dorkington