Who believes in Manuel?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ can be the franchise QB if he has a solid OL to give him enough time and opens up the running game.

This! +1000

Because as of right now it will be a difficult task for any QB to be successful for a team that doesn't believe in building a top O line like the Buffalo Bills have done for 15 years.

Unless EJ can quickly morph into a Fitz clone with a better arm, along with Fitz's ability to get the ball out in two seconds or under. With Fitz's ability to read defenses and make the line calls, and adjustments. Or, unless EJ can read and run like Russell Wilson who doesn't need a pocket to hold for more then 2 seconds.

My EJ confidence is at 80% with a better O line, new OG, OT. With the current O line players that meter goes to almost nothing, and no QB will last the season behind that line. It is to bad that this is a team sport and the QB is so dependent on the players around him.

Damn fine set of posts here. Both good and not so good. But all reasonable thoughts expressed.

Me thinks the season is on Nate. Can Hackett get EJ comfortable and humming along?

I am a fan of both kids .

I am a firm believer in QB development . But the match up of environment and athlete need to sync up early for long term success.

This is the year for that.

Hell yes i'm rootin for EJ

I believe he's got one year to prove he's a franchise quarterback or else we draft another rd 1 QB next year. I'd say 2:1 we draft the qb next year.

This is my thought too. Harsh but true

If Johnny football drops grab him, QB is that important, if you look at it this way by trading down to get EJ last year we in a since got him for free (Kiko would have been a great first round pick and Robert Wood was a great second round pick), with the rookie cap EJ is not a big cap hit either so lets not watch Manziel light it up for the next ten years and wonder why we didn't take him.

You Sir, just broke the TBD board record for the longest sentence. Congrats.

I see such a mixed result in views of our #1 pick from last year that I am curious as to who actually believes in him and why or why not.

IMHO I believe in the kid. He seems to have the right attitude and work ethic. Minus a couple "learning curve" injuries I think EJ is our man. He has all the tools and Buffalo seems poised to put weapons around him and I think he can get it done. Am I in the minority or majority here?

Who really knows. I'm hopeful, but realistic. It's way to early to make an informed projection and anyone who tries to is simply guessing!

Edited by dubs

I believe that he has the size, arm and athletic ability to succeed.

I believe that he has the work ethic and intelligence to succeed.

Because QB is such a difficult position to judge, I don't know for sure that he will succeed.

I believe that it is foolish to judge him (or any rookie) too harshly after one season. In my opinion, he played pretty well (save two really bad games) for a rookie QB with mostly unproven and young receivers.

I would hope to see significant progress from he and the offense overall, but I still would hope for further improvement the year after, too.

As much as some here think that a rookie season defines a player, I strongly disagree.

Yes. I'm fairly certain he exists.

Hosanna to EJ in the Hiiiiighest...

I'm definitely willing to give EJ a full season to see what he can do - he seems to have the tools, drive, smarts and desire to improve his game. Of course we all know it's not a "one-player" league (not that anyone refrains from criticism despite knowing this), so who knows what'll happen.

One argument I don't buy is the "injury prone" one. I broke a rib and then my ankle in a span of 4 months last year - I hadn't broken anything for like 25 years before that and haven't broken anything since - am I now "injury prone"? Maybe if a guy gets hurt every time he gets hit, I'd buy it, but doesn't seem to be the case with EJ. More like bad luck and bad timing.

I believe that he has the size, arm and athletic ability to succeed.

I believe that he has the work ethic and intelligence to succeed.

Because QB is such a difficult position to judge, I don't know for sure that he will succeed.

I believe that it is foolish to judge him (or any rookie) too harshly after one season. In my opinion, he played pretty well (save two really bad games) for a rookie QB with mostly unproven and young receivers.

I would hope to see significant progress from he and the offense overall, but I still would hope for further improvement the year after, too.

As much as some here think that a rookie season defines a player, I strongly disagree.

I agree with everything here but I still don't think everything he is put together will succeed. I hate to say it but he's just not an exciting player. He had a few moments where he was playing good but I saw 0 signs of star power. There just wasn't enough to point to that looked like an answer. Hope I'm wrong. And I'm biased b/c I was terribly disappointed when we picked him because I did not like him in college. Never been a star.

Edited by MoreOffense

It's a year long membership to the jelly of the month club!! PM Beerball to claim your prize Herb.

Dammit !

i wanted that accolade.

Ej can develop. get the mechanics sorted slow the game down and build trust with recievers . The receiver thing is big . From watching last year

I give him 1 more year, the Manning brothers were disaster their 1st year. Has anyone noticed, that when EJ is calling a play and the LBs show blitz, he always calls a running play, which is exactly what the D wants him to do, stack the box with 8 and shut down the run???

I have more doubt than belief. Lots of teams had him graded as a middle rounds pick. Something of very significant concern to me is Florida State fans do not even endorse him. They do not believe in him. Jameis Winston came in the year after him and won a title. I hope I'm wrong about him. I love his personality and would love for him to succeed but my head says it's unlikely he'll pan out. If I were GM of the Bills and I liked a QB in this draft, I'd go after him.