Who believes in Manuel?

I want to believe. I really do. But I see issues with his accuracy and I don't know if that can be coached. Also he, like every other young QB, needs to get better at reading defenses and knowing where to go with the ball. Only time will tell if he can make that leap. This year will be a huge indicator. I truly believe that this team, outside of QB, is as good as any in the division. We ABSOLUTELY should be competing for the division crown and/or a wildcard spot this year. Anything less is unacceptable.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure he's a more talented QB than J.P. was. He showed enough to be an ok QB. It's sad that just average QB play would be an upgrade for this franchise. I think he can turn into an Andy Dalton type QB which I don't think is good enough.

I would say that I do, and my EJMC is at 55%

I say this based on the idea that EJ's two biggest issues--lower-body mechanics and pocket presence--are issues that can be learned and taught.

I know he's got the arm talent, intelligence, and work ethic.

Edited by thebandit27

Here is what I noticed from last season. Manuel is a slow starter and warms up as a game goes on. I have yet to see him come out of the gate hitting his mark. This could be attributed to not having enough time to practice with his receivers. We will have to see.

What I do like, in the heat of the game he tends to get more lively. I think he has the tools and I think he needs to be more familiar with the routes his receivers are running and simply know without having to think about it, where they will be. Another year in this system is going to help him. The injuries from last year, as far as I am concerned were a fluke. He can run. He can throw on the run and he can scramble for yards. There isn't much he can't do. His arm is strong and his accuracy, I believe is more a timing issue than simply missing his mark.

Bottom line, I believe in him. This is going to be a fun year. The Bills are not going to give up on the running game. I view last year's rushing attack as a down year do to injuries. This year I see them bouncing back. This will be good for Manuel. He isn't going to have to do it all by himself. And when the game is on the line, we have seen him pull through with the passing attack(after he warms up). I like the kid. I like the way he carries himself and I like the way he works. In fact I have no reason to not believe in him.

I would say that I do, and my EJMC is at 55%

I say this based on the idea that EJ's two biggest issues--lower-body mechanics and pocket presence--are issues that can be learned and taught.

I know he's got the arm talent, intelligence, and work ethic.

Why so argumentative???

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" type of league. Manuel has shown he's capable (Carolina win last season) but you need to consistently have good games like that to stick around. I'm not sold yet, I'd like to see a lot more from him this year. If after a full offseason, preseason, and regular season as the starter if he's not getting it done then we need to go all in on another QB next season

What worries me is how he really struggles when it comes to hitting moving targets from any distance. That's the footage they didn't show on Sports Science. He can do a good, zippy pass to a predetermined spot, but not if the target is moving across the field. He consistently failed to lead RBs into space, not allowing for any of the huge after-catch gains to CJ that used to pad Fitzy's stats. A lot of the stats supporting EJ as "good" were cherry picked. He had a fairly stable QB rating, but if you look at the darker side, stats like completion % to WRs, yac, dvoa, all were abysmal. 3rd downs were 3rd frowns. I like that he has big hands and is tall, but I only see 2 or 3 really great throws all season. I feel like Thad has more heart and better instincts, more durable, smarter, and a brighter future in the NFL. I believe in Thad.

I see the potential , I see the athletic abilty , I see the strong arm. I also see some really awkward throws and some easy misses.

He is easily the most talented qb since Bledsoe. I am optomistic that everything will come together but I don't think he is a lock to be a top ten qb.

For the first time in a long time there is a qb with all the tools

This pretty much sums up my view as well. He is not a lock to be a superstar but he has the tools to do so.

He has good professional habits, I guess......I hate to ask this, but how different are his numbers for his first year than JaMarcus Russell. I haven't seen the pro arm to throw long....I am a season ticket holder, so I have seen him in person a number of time. Thad Lewis has shown a better long ball arm than Manuel so far. Manuel misses on the routes along the sideline are particularily bothersom.