Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this season, there will only be 13 episodes remaining. And they'll be spread-out over 2 seasons.

Has that been confirmed? I keep hearing the writers say they can wrap up GOT in 13 episodes and "may" go that route. HBO will certainly push for more...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

Edited by ricojes

Has that been confirmed? I keep hearing the writers say they can wrap up GOT in 13 episodes and "may" go that route. HBO will certainly push for more...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-end-date-season-8-1201752746/

Jack Bender, one of the series directors, let it slip last week they are only shooting 7 episodes next season (production starts soon, if not already). That's been the only "confirmation" but it's still second hand.

Jack Bender, one of the series directors, let it slip last week they are only shooting 7 episodes next season (production starts soon, if not already). That's been the only "confirmation" but it's still second hand.

I'm hearing that the season finale is going to be the longest episode yet, I know a few years back they had one episode that was an hour an a half. So that would be a bonus. I won't throw spoilers out but if anyone has looked at the title of episode 9 it certainly opens up a ton of possibilities for the elongated season finale which I assume will be episode 10.

I don't know why this hit me last night, maybe it was watching Cersei being backed into a corner more and more, but I think that Jamie is going to kill her before the end. I think that Tommen will die, possibly poisoned by Margery, and Cersei will lose her **** and try to burn the whole city to the ground. Jamie will kill her to stop her (Mad King part 2), and then kill himself.

Of course, this could all be proven wrong if Brienne kills him in the next few weeks.

A pretty boring episode last night.

This whole Arya storyline either needs to get going or just end.

episodes 6 and 7 have basically been set up pieces. The last 3 should be epic, especially 9 as usual.

My two favorite characters at the moment, Davos and the Blackfish. Good to have the hound barking again too. Wonder if he'll have a reunion with Arya?

episodes 6 and 7 have basically been set up pieces. The last 3 should be epic, especially 9 as usual.

My two favorite characters at the moment, Davos and the Blackfish. Good to have the hound barking again too. Wonder if he'll have a reunion with Arya?

Yeah, it's great to have the Hound back. He adds a lot to whatever is taking place around him.

(It's also good to see Bronn come back into the story.)

That said, the Hound said that "hate" is what fuelled his desire to live.

Who do you reckon his hate is directed at?

Yeah, it's great to have the Hound back. He adds a lot to whatever is taking place around him.

(It's also good to see Bronn come back into the story.)

That said, the Hound said that "hate" is what fuelled his desire to live.

Who do you reckon his hate is directed at?

The problem is the Mountain is not really the Mountain anymore.

The problem is the Mountain is not really the Mountain anymore.

He's still a badass, as we'll see next week. I'm sure he knows who he is, which means he'll know who the hound is when the time comes.

One other thing I liked about the episode, the verbal smack downs of cersei by olenna and Jaime by the Blackfish.

How does he survive what happened to him? I was disappointed in his return as there was no way for him to heal from those wounds.

Much like I have no idea how arya is actually walking after multiple stab wounds to the stomach.

How does he survive what happened to him? I was disappointed in his return as there was no way for him to heal from those wounds.

Much like I have no idea how arya is actually walking after multiple stab wounds to the stomach.

you want more reality with your fantasy?

The preview shows arya leaping from a building--must've been flesh stab wounds. Seriously, I'm expecting some kind of many-faced gods twist there?

Neither clegane should be alive, but the gods have plans....

I was glad we saw confirmation of Margaery's "plan" to fool the High Sparrow in this episode. Olenna is one of my favorite characters; her verbal thrashing of Cersei was extraordinary.

The preview shows arya leaping from a building--must've been flesh stab wounds. Seriously, I'm expecting some kind of many-faced gods twist there?

I think there needs to be an explanation to the viewers Miraculous events like that shouldn't be just glossed over. Perhaps they are forthcoming but I doubt it in case of the hound.

Swidgen :(

Wth, Al swerigen wouldn't be as nice as that kitty. Boo for mild mannered and nice Ian McShane.

Disagree with all of you who care if Danerys burns or not. The shows awesome. Settle down nerds!!

I'm rooting for Theon to start killing some folks and let's show some more skin Sansa.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I think there needs to be an explanation to the viewers Miraculous events like that shouldn't be just glossed over. Perhaps they are forthcoming but I doubt it in case of the hound.

I agree in general, SDS.

I can forgive the Hound's recovery, given so much time has passed. How explicit where they with his wounds? I remember the normal brutal hand-to-hand with Brienne, and a fall that largely did him in.

But for Arya, that was 3(?) stab wounds to the mid-section. She should be dead soon, and certainly not running, jumping, fighting again anytime soon. Unless there is a Bran/Lord of Light/3-eyed Raven intervention, her "walking it off" is a huge distraction and problem for me.

Perhaps Arya is going to become the TV version of Lady Stoneheart? Of course it doesn't look like she is going too lay dead for a long period, which is what made Lady Stoneheart what she is; she was too far gone to bring back whole.

I agree in general, SDS.

I can forgive the Hound's recovery, given so much time has passed. How explicit where they with his wounds? I remember the normal brutal hand-to-hand with Brienne, and a fall that largely did him in.

But for Arya, that was 3(?) stab wounds to the mid-section. She should be dead soon, and certainly not running, jumping, fighting again anytime soon. Unless there is a Bran/Lord of Light/3-eyed Raven intervention, her "walking it off" is a huge distraction and problem for me.

Perhaps Arya is going to become the TV version of Lady Stoneheart? Of course it doesn't look like she is going too lay dead for a long period, which is what made Lady Stoneheart what she is; she was too far gone to bring back whole.

Thinking about it a bit more, I have a feeling there is going to be a twist to Arya's stabbing. Knowing the Waif was coming for her, she was too cavalier gadding about town and throwing money down for her ride home, as if shouting out "here I am!" Next week's title is "No One," so we'll get answers for sure.