Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone wanna take a stab at how Ramsey is gonna die

It needs to be a horrible painful death

I can only hope it's at the hands of Theon.

But it would be great to see him eaten by wolves, too.

And neither Jorah nor Varys have any current intel on John Snow, other than he is Ned Stark's b*stard and a member of the Night's Watch

Never mind. I got confused there for a second.

I can only hope it's at the hands of Theon.

But it would be great to see him eaten by wolves, too.

I feel like they redeemed Theon enough when he defied Ramsay, give the victory to Sansa.

But then again, Martin doesn't really do "justice" in a traditional sense.

I feel like they redeemed Theon enough when he defied Ramsay, give the victory to Sansa.

I agree and it would be very contrived. I was just noting the difference between justice and poetic justice.

It's more fitting that Sansa reclaim Winterfell by ousting Ramsey, anyway.

Brienne got to be the one to end Stannis. Tyrion killed Tywin. Both of those are pretty traditional.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Theon got to be the one to finish Ramsey. Though it's likely Sansa, given her proximity.

Edited by MDH

Brienne got to be the one to end Stannis. Tyrion killed Tywin. Both of those are pretty traditional.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Theon got to be the one to finish Ramsey. Though it's likely Sansa, given her proximity.

Good call. Though, Brienne doesn't get to in the books (at least, not yet). :beer:

Theon has played out his role set forth by The Lord of Light (Bran if I am right).

Theon was the youngest son of the Salt King, his two older brothers were killed. He was sent to live with Ned Stark as a hostage where he lived a Lords life rather than the life of a Sea Raider. When he tried to return home and become what he was not, he failed. Miserably. Only to became Reek.

Theon/Reek's redemption came by helping Sansa to escape and re-unite with John Snow. But rather than re-unite with John Snow, Theon chose to return to his home. Where he encountered his Uncle who usurped the Salt Throne, citing Theon (the legitimate male heir)'s captivity with the Starks and his later, uhhhhh separation. Recall the Uncle's vision to build a fleet to bring Dany Targarian across the sea. A vision from The Lord of Light

Theon and his sister will probably show up later in a storyline or a battle. But Theon's main role in the big picture has been played out

My guess is that the knights of the Vale will arrive, and after a very bloody battle the Boltons will soundly be defeated at Winterfell. (Will the Freys turn on them too? I don't understand how they didn't address the reaction to Walda Frey's murder.) As Ramsey is presented to Sansa and others, knowing he is likely headed to a unpleasant death, Ramsey lashes out and kills Rickon, to be killed immediately by someone reacting. I think he lays there smirking up at Sansa as he dies.

Bastard!

My guess is that the knights of the Vale will arrive, and after a very bloody battle the Boltons will soundly be defeated at Winterfell. (Will the Freys turn on them too? I don't understand how they didn't address the reaction to Walda Frey's murder.)

They haven't yet. But there's still time, and as I recall the Freys were in the season preview somewhere.

Interesting.

I'll counter with a theory that occurred to me while reading the above:

Bran is The Lord of Light.

I noticed my theory has been popping up elsewhere on the Internet. Either others have noticed the same things I have, or one of you is taking credit for my idea :P