Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

Trump would triple the ticket price, turn the whole thing into a tawdry tacky circus like Jerry Jones has done, and move the circus to Vegas or LA. No thanks.

I'm resigned to becoming a Saints fan in 2020.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trump were to buy the Bills, how long before he puts himself on the Wall of Fame?

That will be redundant because his first act will be to rename it The Trump Wall of Fame.

Branding is everything.

GO BILLS!!!

If Trump should happen to buy the Buffalo Bills, he will also likely pull up a hotel or two in Western New York.

He'd probably also be good for some money for the Arts in Buffalo and maybe even education.

I bet you he also would buy up as much of the waterfront propetry as he could and redevelop it.

Edited by oman128

Trump would triple the ticket price, turn the whole thing into a tawdry tacky circus like Jerry Jones has done, and move the circus to Vegas or LA. No thanks.

You will fit right in. Majority of the saints fans didn't give 2 ***** about them until they won the Super Bowl.

Who knows? Maybe he'll operate the team at a loss and use it as a tax deduction.

I LOVE THIS

If anybody can do this it's Trump. This would give the Bills National Press.

Not in a Jerry Jones way, but in an investment way hopefully.

If Trump should happen to buy the Buffalo Bills, he will also likely pull up a hotel or two in Western New York.

He'd probably also be good for some money for the Arts in Buffalo and maybe even education.

I bet you he also would buy up as much of the waterfront propetry as he could and redevelop it.

See Trump is a business man. So was Ralph. You know Trump gonna build a hotel or 2.

Billionaire Donald Trump told the Buffalo News on Monday that not only would he want to own the Bills, but he wouldn't move the team if he bought them.

"I'm going to give it a heavy shot," Trump told the newspaper by phone from his office in Manhattan. "I would love to do it, and if I can do it I'm keeping it in Buffalo."

Go Trump!!!

People can B word about Donald all they want. I bet he will make a great owner.

Yeah, because he was such a great owner of the USFL NJ Generals.

Trump and some of the other owners undermining is what brought the USFL crashing down.

The only way he would be a good owner is to fork over his investment, sit in the corner, and STFU.

He sure as hell will get us a brand new state of the art stadium. Which means jobs. With the stadium comes top of the line hotels ( to host a Super Bowl, NCAA tournament and wrestle mania) look up how much money New Orleans just made off wrestle mania. Trump is good at developing properties. People want Bon jovi over trump seriously? Trump is a business man and I guarantee he won't put up with the losing that Ralph did for decades.

:wallbash:

1.) Ralph Wilson was a businessman. He owned and ran several successful companies over the years. Not just the Bills.

2.) Trump is also a businessman. He also has been part of bankruptcy 3-4 times during his life. Yet this is the guy you think would make a great owner.

3.) As for Trump not tolerating any losing, reference: USFL NJ Generals.

Donald Trump is a Marketing Man. He knows how to market himself and his companies. When it comes to actually running them, he's an idiot.

Trump and his USFL co-horts abandoned the original plan in year one. They were the ones that killed the league even before it got going.

The decision to play in the fall is what killed them. They couldn't get a broadcast deal as a result.

Ironically, they won their case against the NFL. IIRC, the trebled damages amounted to three dollars.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm interested in buying the Bills. I plan on calling tomorrow to make a "best offer"... and I will keep the team in Buffalo.

Where did you read that quote? I haven't seen anything saying he's calling tomorrow to make an offer.

My guess is if he did make an offer he would lowball them and offer like $800 mil knowing it's worth way more. Then when it gets sold he will say "sorry Buffalo, I tried my best. Please vote for me for Governor!"

Donald Trump is a Marketing Man. He knows how to market himself and his companies. When it comes to actually running them, he's an idiot.

That was funny, thanks for the laugh.

Billionaire Donald Trump told the Buffalo News on Monday that not only would he want to own the Bills, but he wouldn't move the team if he bought them.

"I'm going to give it a heavy shot," Trump told the newspaper by phone from his office in Manhattan. "I would love to do it, and if I can do it I'm keeping it in Buffalo."

Go Trump!!!

A statement like that could just be what Mary Wilson is looking for.

The decision to play in the fall is what killed them. They couldn't get a broadcast deal as a result.

Nope. Once the owners decided to scrap/circumvent the Dixon plan, it was over. They just didn't realize it.

David Dixon, the original creator of the USFL, realized a spring league was viable as long as the league and it's owners controlled spending.

The owners forced Dixon out and went on a bit of a spending spree signing guys like Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, etc .. to ridiculous contracts.

Because of the spending, many of the owners lost money, which lead to general league instability.

Teams changed owners, folded, merged, and/or relocated.

By the time the league decided to sue the NFL, the USFL was already over $100M in debt and on the verge of going under.

Ironically, they won their case against the NFL. IIRC, the trebled damages amounted to three dollars.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep. The jury thought the Judge would set damages, so they awarded $1 to the USFL. (Damages were triple the award.)

I find it amazing that 6 years ago WNY was a dump (I know first hand) and now if you go to Downtown Buffalo the city itself has a different feel to it. Now if Trump buys the bills and buys waterfront land to develop it, brings a hotel to the city and eventually builds a new stadium, Now that would make this city a hotspot. This city needs good things to start happening and when it does happen this place will thrive.