Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

I find it amazing that 6 years ago WNY was a dump (I know first hand) and now if you go to Downtown Buffalo the city itself has a different feel to it. Now if Trump buys the bills and buys waterfront land to develop it, brings a hotel to the city and eventually builds a new stadium, Now that would make this city a hotspot. This city needs good things to start happening and when it does happen this place will thrive.

As you mentioned already, the good things have started already. And, like you said - so different, esp. downtown and near the water, from just 6 years ago.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm warming up to Trump as the owner. The article that came out today was interesting. He lives in NYC so an easy flight, he loves the press, so the Bills would get more National play. I think he would want a winning team so i can see us spending to the cap, and don't see him trying to make football decisions.

He would definitely play hard ball with NYS to get a new stadium and would most likely build properties around it as he is the master in real estate. Why not?

No one could sell those luxury boxes better than the Donald.

I'm warming up to Trump as the owner. The article that came out today was interesting. He lives in NYC so an easy flight, he loves the press, so the Bills would get more National play. I think he would want a winning team so i can see us spending to the cap, and don't see him trying to make football decisions.

He would definitely play hard ball with NYS to get a new stadium and would most likely build properties around it as he is the master in real estate. Why not?

Which article is it? I'm getting lost in all of them.

People can B word about Donald all they want. I bet he will make a great owner. He sure as hell will get us a brand new state of the art stadium. Which means jobs. With the stadium comes top of the line hotels ( to host a Super Bowl, NCAA tournament and wrestle mania) look up how much money New Orleans just made off wrestle mania. Trump is good at developing properties. People want Bon jovi over trump seriously? Trump is a business man and I guarantee he won't put up with the losing that Ralph did for decades.

Yes the truth shall set us free, Trump all day over Bon jovi. Its not even close. Bon jovi wants us out of Buffalo and even if he wanted to keep us here he would be a joke of an owner. No thanks!

People can B word about Donald all they want. I bet he will make a great owner. He sure as hell will get us a brand new state of the art stadium. Which means jobs. With the stadium comes top of the line hotels ( to host a Super Bowl, NCAA tournament and wrestle mania) look up how much money New Orleans just made off wrestle mania. Trump is good at developing properties. People want Bon jovi over trump seriously? Trump is a business man and I guarantee he won't put up with the losing that Ralph did for decades.

Yes the truth shall set us free, Trump all day over Bon jovi. Its not even close. Bon jovi wants us out of Buffalo and even if he wanted to keep us here he would be a joke of an owner. No thanks!

So if Trump does buy the Bills, does he line all of the players up after each game and fire one of them?

This would make a lot of posters very happy.

This is important.

I could live with a Trump owned Buffalo Bills, as long as it stayed that way.

Well there's no mistaking it now...

I offer a personal public apology to dog14787--I am firmly under the belief that Trump wants to buy the team...good call.

I don't believe he ends up the owner though.

:D

well done....seriously, very few on this forum take the time to own something like this....well done

Why would MLSE have any interest in buying a team and keeping them in Buffalo? I don't think that Is even debatable or a consideration.

Technically, MLSE can't buy the tean, only individuals can own a team per NFL bylaws.

That said, I'm not really debating Bon Jovi and his buddies at MLSE would keep them in Bflo. I'm only saying that if they did buy the team and kept them in Bflo, I'd prefer them over Trump. I dislike Bon Jovi but dislike Trump even more. And why would they invest in the team and keep it in Buffalo? Capitalism and prestige.

Look, I am well-aware the odds of that happening are long, but I'd rather not see my favorite NFL team's owner engage in Twitter debates with athletes and celebrities. :wacko:

Bon Jovi is only the face of that group (assuming it exists). Rest assured, he has access to - and the real money would come from - business people.

People whine and complain about no media, Buffalo is unimportant etc. Trump buys this team and you can guarantee 5 years of immediate media spotlight. As another poster said he can see land and resources not tapped or used properly in WNY and may be willing to invest in it when no one else has. At this point I have to say IF Trump lets Russ stay on and handle the football part of it and gives Russ the resources he needs, Trump needs to own this team and do so ASAP

Nope. Once the owners decided to scrap/circumvent the Dixon plan, it was over. They just didn't realize it.

David Dixon, the original creator of the USFL, realized a spring league was viable as long as the league and it's owners controlled spending.

The owners forced Dixon out and went on a bit of a spending spree signing guys like Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, Steve Young, etc .. to ridiculous contracts.

Because of the spending, many of the owners lost money, which lead to general league instability.

Teams changed owners, folded, merged, and/or relocated.

By the time the league decided to sue the NFL, the USFL was already over $100M in debt and on the verge of going under.

Yep. The jury thought the Judge would set damages, so they awarded $1 to the USFL. (Damages were triple the award.)

And who led the charge? Donald Trump, with the murder weapon in hand telling us the USFL was already dying.

Im not dead set against Trump. I do think his ownership would diffuse our biggest threat for now, Toronto.

However, I can see him pulling a Charles Wang-type thing here. Really trying to pry the County and State for not only a stadium, but a whole "Lighthouse Project" and demands a bit out of reach for what is available... then moving the team to a brighter market at the end of the lease when he doesnt get his way.

Technically, MLSE can't buy the tean, only individuals can own a team per NFL bylaws.

That said, I'm not really debating Bon Jovi and his buddies at MLSE would keep them in Bflo. I'm only saying that if they did buy the team and kept them in Bflo, I'd prefer them over Trump. I dislike Bon Jovi but dislike Trump even more. And why would they invest in the team and keep it in Buffalo? Capitalism and prestige.

Look, I am well-aware the odds of that happening are long, but I'd rather not see my favorite NFL team's owner engage in Twitter debates with athletes and celebrities. :wacko:

I know; Tim Leiweke would be the front man in the group. He would have to be because he is the only one whose net worth will meet the 30% of the team's selling price. My guess is that they sell right at a billion.

The odds aren't long of them keeping the team in Buffalo; they are zero. I'm not a Trump fan either but it is 1,000,000,000,000 times better than that evil midget Bon Jovi.

Bon Jovi is only the face of that group (assuming it exists). Rest assured, he has access to - and the real money would come from - business people.

While I know his current intentions are in Toronto, if he came forward and said he would keep the team here I would trust Trump more.

Trump is a developer so it makes sense that he would buy and sell things all the time. Often you have to to get on to the next project. That doesn't mean that if he bought the Bills he would be doing so to sell them for more money in a few years.

Obviously I do not know all of the owners, but some must be developers who end up buying/selling property regularly. Doesn't mean they treat the NFL team the same way.

It may end up making no difference whatso ever, but I like the idea of Trump being a developer. It could help with the new stadium and depending on where it is built with additional development around the stadium as some have suggested.

Wonder if there is speculative movement on empty lots in Downtown Buffalo and NF lately?

I see Toronto as just as big a threat as LA meaning there isnt much threat at all.

Both dont even have a stadium that could hold an NFL team

CBF

The reality is that LA isn't a threat at all because of the lease deal. There are teams (Oakland, St, Louis, San Diego) that are racing to LA. No one can buy the Bills with the intent of LA because by the time that they can move them there will almost certainly already be at least 1 team there. They would lose the race. I actually believe that is the exact reason that the Bills and the state structured the lease that way. It basically made LA a non factor.

At the same time I don't believe that London is a realistic option for the opposite reason. I am not sure that by 2020 the NFL and London would be in position to support a team. It's possible but my guess is that if the NFL is serious about Europe we are probably still 10 years away. I could be wrong here but that's my sense.

Toronto is the only realistic threat IMO. I still think that WNY is the favorite.

Edited by Kirby Jackson