Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

If Trump buys the Bills and keeps them in Bflo, that would be better than losing them, but I'm not sure where his new found love of all things WNY and Bflo has been all these years. Call me a cynic, but I wouldn't trust him with my favorite team, if it even gets that far... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear he decided to not run for president run for governor buy the Bills.

Ralph chose Miami over Buffalo, we were at least his 2nd choice. Things were pretty ugly with Ralph in the late 60 early 70's while trying to get a new stadium there.

When it comes to the Bills, I don't care about US politics. Anyone that keeps the team here is a savior. I would hate to be there when they turn off the lights wondering why there was not a single entity that could have kept the team in the area.

I don't know Trump and have never followed him politically. Not sure that defines the person. His TV show is not genuine and has a bit of acting for the viewers sake. The man is obviously a good businessman and not simply lucky. If he jumps on the chance to develop around a new stadium or sees that as a chance to make more money for him that sounds like a win-win.

If he buys the team, gets a new stadium or has to sell after he is in it 7-10 years latter, that may just be economics. Any owner could come in with the best intentions and find out it just won't work in WNY. With a new stadium and owner the days of the cheap tickets are gone. While everyone here wants to donate hundreds to the fan alliance and is willing to pay more for their tickets, we may find that doesn't work in today's WNY. ---point is any one who buys the team might end up moving it latter.

Like others I like the ego, but I do believe him when he says he wants to keep the team here. Not sure I would ever believe that from JBJ. I think we could do a lot worse than the Donald. He would get my vote.

Trump said he was interested because he is a media whore. He just loves to be talked about. It is like his phony runs at president.

It's working. the Bills are getting a ton of national airtime because of it as well, good or bad. In fact. I have heard more about the Bills on ESPN radio, ESPN, NFLN and local Columbus radio than I have on WGR this past week, as they have been consumed with the Sabres.

Trump said he was interested because he is a media whore. He just loves to be talked about. It is like his phony runs at president.

At some point words like due diligence will start popping up and he'll back away after his time in the limelight begins to wane (on this topic). Obviously, just my opinion.

It's working. the Bills are getting a ton of national airtime because of it as well, good or bad. In fact. I have heard more about the Bills on ESPN radio, ESPN, NFLN and local Columbus radio than I have on WGR this past week, as they have been consumed with the Sabres.

Even one of the Rochester TV sports guys did a commentary about it last night. He was all for it. Said the Bills have been irrelevant for 15 years now, and Trump instantly gets the Bills in the news and gains credibility as an organization.

Even one of the Rochester TV sports guys did a commentary about it last night. He was all for it. Said the Bills have been irrelevant for 15 years now, and Trump instantly gets the Bills in the news and gains credibility as an organization.

Colin Cowherd has spent quite a bit of time on it this morning. He is taking the side of Toronto being a much better option than Buffalo and saying Goodell has no loyalty to WNY. Toronto being a huge market and right down the street. Buffalo shrinking. City of 270,000 vs city if 2.8 mill. Change is good, blah blah. I think he is not looking at all the factors, but he is crowing.

Colin Cowherd has spent quite a bit of time on it this morning. He is taking the side of Toronto being a much better option than Buffalo and saying Goodell has no loyalty to WNY. Toronto being a huge market and right down the street. Buffalo shrinking. City of 270,000 vs city if 2.8 mill. Change is good, blah blah. I think he is not looking at all the factors, but he is crowing.

Well when a neutral observer looks at the size of the market, the affluence of the markets, and the outlook for the area, then Toronto is obviously the better choice. There are lot of other things that factor into it that said neutral observer might not know or care about.

At some point words like due diligence will start popping up and he'll back away after his time in the limelight begins to wane (on this topic). Obviously, just my opinion.

One can only hope.

I am not going to claim I will not root for this team if Trump buys them... but, other than somebody buying them to move them, Trump is the worst case scenario. I am so hoping that Pegula, Jacobs or Golisano (in that orger) get into the mix. I can't imagine that one of them won't.

Well when a neutral observer looks at the size of the market, the affluence of the markets, and the outlook for the area, then Toronto is obviously the better choice. There are lot of other things that factor into it that said neutral observer might not know or care about.

Now he is really going off saying Buffalo doesn't deserve 1 pro franchise vs. 2..... basically saying take the emotion out of it and look at the facts. He credited the loyal fan base for the ability to have 2 pro sports teams in a market that size. Cowherd never talks about anything unless he thinks it will bring him high ratings, so I expect this is because of Trump.

So would Bon Jovi. I don't want either because I don't trust them. Donald Trump is a business man first and foremost. He'd probably sell his first born for a profit. He's also part of that "birther" bull crap with our President.

No to Bon Jovi because he's a Canadian. Case closed.

So would Bon Jovi. I don't want either because I don't trust them. Donald Trump is a business man first and foremost. He'd probably sell his first born for a profit. He's also part of that "birther" bull crap with our President.

No to Bon Jovi because he's a Canadian. Case closed.

He is actually an American. New Jersey specifically.

Except Buffalo is no longer shrinking. It's starting to turn the corner slowly. Still not a Toronto but why does Buffalo have to be? We are where the NFL is established and close enough to 8+ million people who want to go to games. Moving to Toronto doesn't make the NFL experience any better. In fact it makes it worse.

Except Buffalo is no longer shrinking. It's starting to turn the corner slowly. Still not a Toronto but why does Buffalo have to be? We are where the NFL is established and close enough to 8+ million people who want to go to games. Moving to Toronto doesn't make the NFL experience any better. In fact it makes it worse.

I agree, Toronto doesn't even support the Blue Jays looking at their attendance. If market size was all it took, LA would still have a team.

I agree, Toronto doesn't even support the Blue Jays looking at their attendance. If market size was all it took, LA would still have a team.

Moving to Toronto would be a complete gamble that would involve building a billion dollar stadium along with buying the team and paying a relocation fee. To recoup the money the new owner would surely have to have ticket prices fairly high. People already complained the ticket prices were too high for the Toronto series.

Just seems like a pretty expensive gamble in an unproven NFL market.

Toronto has about 4M people. WNY has about 1M people. Toronto would put 70,000 people in the stands every Sunday. Bflo would put 70,000 fans in the stadium every Sunday. So, what is the big advantage for Toronto ? Oh yeah - TV eyes. Or is it a big advantage? My friends in Toronto tell me that they watch the Bills on Channels 4 & 29 from Bflo. These stations are on their cable system. So, they are watching the same commercials for beer & razor blades that we Buffalonians watch. So, if they are watching our TV stations, the question I have is - why isn't Toronto considered part of our TV area. If the networks and/or the NFL considered Toronto part of our viewing area, we would jump from a small market viewing area to one of the largest.

I'm sure that I am missing something here. Help wanted for an explanation. Thanks.

Toronto has about 4M people. WNY has about 1M people. Toronto would put 70,000 people in the stands every Sunday. Bflo would put 70,000 fans in the stadium every Sunday. So, what is the big advantage for Toronto ? Oh yeah - TV eyes. Or is it a big advantage? My friends in Toronto tell me that they watch the Bills on Channels 4 & 29 from Bflo. These stations are on their cable system. So, they are watching the same commercials for beer & razor blades that we Buffalonians watch. So, if they are watching our TV stations, the question I have is - why isn't Toronto considered part of our TV area. If the networks and/or the NFL considered Toronto part of our viewing area, we would jump from a small market viewing area to one of the largest.

I'm sure that I am missing something here. Help wanted for an explanation. Thanks.

I agree with all of this. Except I'm not sure TO would actually put 70k in the stands.