Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I believe anything he says and it sounds like he's just going off the rumors but take it FWIW:

Fred Smerlas tweeted about 9:30am: #ThoughtsOverAMCoffee: Great news for the Bills; looks like The Donald may be the new head man

I wouldnt put much trust in Fred's Tweets

CBF

Even on PTI, though, Kornheiser did question weather other NFL owners would approve him, and wondered how strong the lure of Toronoto or LA would be. I am so ready for somebody else to be "interested" in buying the Buffalo Bills.

I'm sure there are many. But they are making their moves in silence. Trump doesn't seem, to me, to be serious. When I lived in NYC, suddenly I would go somewhere and see a new building being constructed and it would be a Trump building. No public displays or sideshows associated it with. The man did his business and when the building was being built one knew of it at that point. He's talking too much which gives me pause. Power moves are made in silence. I don't think it will be him in the end.

I'm sure there are many. But they are making their moves in silence. Trump doesn't seem, to me, to be serious. When I lived in NYC, suddenly I would go somewhere and see a new building being constructed and it would be a Trump building. No public displays or sideshows associated it with. The man did his business and when the building was being built one knew of it at that point. He's talking too much which gives me pause. Power moves are made in silence. I don't think it will be him in the end.

My feelings as well. When we hear the team has been sold is when we will hear the name of the buyer probably for the first time.

Not that I believe anything he says and it sounds like he's just going off the rumors but take it FWIW:

Fred Smerlas tweeted about 9:30am: #ThoughtsOverAMCoffee: Great news for the Bills; looks like The Donald may be the new head man

I wonder if Fred's "AM Coffee" includes some Bailey's.

We're at 27 pages of comments on The Donald and throughout, there is an assumption being promoted by the majority of posters that whether or not you like him, Trump is both an excellent businessman and a very rich one as well. Now, having followed this conman clown's career with some attention for mainly business reasons, I find it amusing that either one of those claims are accepted as true. Any of you who are in real estate, real estate development or any of the fields allied with those pursuits know that the big names and big institutions in those areas have nothing to do with Trump, and that his financing comes from smaller players who seem to believe in the self-created myth about his "success" and "wealth."

He has also raided his siblings and his childrens trusts, while pledging and leveraging his "assets" in many different ways. His actually net worth has been tallied at about $250 million. As to his claims to billionaire status, Trump has stated under oath that his estimates of his wealth are projections made up in his head, of which the greatest portion of those estimates is "the value of the brand," meaning his name, worth, in his mind, several billions alone.

In addition to all of this, whatever fortune the Trump family has -- it was his father Fred who made the initial fortune Donald inherited -- is hugely based on government programs and investment, which makes Trump's antipathy towards government even more head-scratching and undermines his annoying claims that he "did it all by myself."

Anyway, in case you want to read up on this, here are a few articles that cover the terrain of this modern P. T. Barnum:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/21/news/companies/donald_trump/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-on-lying-about-net-worth-im-no-different-than-a-politician/

http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government%27s_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/business/yourmoney/23trump.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

You're saying that his wealth is BS, but then you link to an alternet article that says "tells the real story about how Trump got so obscenely rich."

yungmack said Trump's not actually worth the billions he claims he is. Don't know about your neighborhood, but in mine, $250,000,000.00 is still considered obscenely rich.

Edited by Campy

You want a picture of the real Donald Trump?

When Trump took the stand at the trial in downtown Manhattan in 1986, he said that commissioner Pete Rozelle had told him in a meeting at the Pierre Hotel in 1984 that he would eventually get an NFL franchise if the USFL remained in the spring and didn’t file an antitrust lawsuit. Rozelle presented a different version by testifying that Trump offered to drop plans for a lawsuit in exchange for an expansion team.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...2#ixzz2zOgi7QRK

This tells you all you need to know: Leading his fellow USFL owners into battle while secretly trying to get a backdoor deal into the NFL. Keep this in mind when he says he has WNY's interests at heart.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You want a picture of the real Donald Trump?

This tells you all you need to know: Leading his fellow USFL owners into battle while secretly trying to get a backdoor deal into the NFL. Keep this in mind when he says he has WNY's interests at heart.

PTR

Thank you for sharing this. I think the guy is a snake. If he's involved with the winning bid and JK gives his blessing, I might be able to stomach or ignore it.

Any owner may find even with a new stadium that it does not work in Buffalo. If that is the case who can argue it?

Other than the fact that Trump is vocal, in a way many don't like and some consider him a film flam man, I have an honest question.

If we remove the bargaining process of the viewed film flam man, has he proven to not be a man of his word? I honest don't follow him enough to know.

I would exclude the political aspirations from this because withdrawing when you realize you have no chance is not a negative from my viewpoint.

Which is exactly why I don't want Donald Trump to be the owner of the Buffalo Bills. I think everybody knows that a perspective owner could probably find a more lucrative deal than they would have in Buffalo. We need somebody who realizes this, and doesn't have a history of cashing in his chips. Somebody who wants to own the team, with other ties to the area...not just to acquire another vanity piece for his collection. Sorry, I just can't believe anything Trump says with is mouth.

I am relieved that Jim Kelly is being courted by numerous possible owners for the team. I would really hate my feelings about Kelly to be tied with my feelings about Trump. Of course, if it comes to that, I will live with it... but I am certainly not rooting for it.

Edited by Buftex

Which is exactly why I don't want Donald Trump to be the owner of the Buffalo Bills. I think everybody knows that a perspective owner could probably find a more lucrative deal than they would have in Buffalo. We need somebody who realizes this, and doesn't have a history of cashing in his chips. Sorry, I just can't believe anything Trump says with is mouth.

I am relieved that Jim Kelly is being courted by numerous possible owners for the team. I would really hate my feelings about Kelly to be tied with my feelings about Trump. Of course, if it comes to that, I will live with it... but I am certainly not rooting for it.

Hear, hear.

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 13m

A storied franchise with a loyal fanbase, @buffalobills should remain in Buffalo.

... Until he can get more money from a larger market that is. Trusting trump to stick to his word is like trusting Trent Edwards to throw the ball farther than 2 yards. You can do it, it will just make you look stupid in the end.