Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post in the Sterling thread, too. But if you read the article written by Kareem, he is basically saying the same thing Trump said, expressing moral outrage for what Sterling said, but also for the gf for illegally taping the conversation.

For what it's worth http://time.com/7959...-jabbar-racism/

Yet, Trump's thing made headlines all over the net. Saying he was defending Sterling.........I wonder how much traction Kareem's words get.

The thing is, the NFL (and other leagues) want guys who generally fall in line and keep their thoughts on these matters somewhat private. Robert Kraft doesnt need to spew his "take" on everything via social media. That is how words get twisted, you say the wrong thing, and the league has to clean up messes. If Trump is serious about bidding, he should/would clam up about this stuff, especially when it comes to hot-button racial issues involving sports and sports owners

The thing is, the NFL (and other leagues) want guys who generally fall in line and keep their thoughts on these matters somewhat private. Robert Kraft doesnt need to spew his "take" on everything via social media. That is how words get twisted, you say the wrong thing, and the league has to clean up messes. If Trump is serious about bidding, he should/would clam up about this stuff, especially when it comes to hot-button racial issues involving sports and sports owners

Like teams themselves, I think the leagues understands that more colorful owners contribute to selling the league, NOT a Donald Sterling type, but like Mark Cuban, the Maloofs (for awhile), Jerry Jones and a few others have done, they keep the leagues in the headlines and can be a productive source of good PR, not always, mind you, but usually. I'm really not sure how the owners would view Trump, he would certainly add some spice and controversy.

The lack of critical thinking skills in the Twitter age truly amazes me. It really does. There's no debating two facts: 1) Sterling is a scumbag and a racist. 2) His girlfriend is also a terrible person. Donald trump was stating both!!

Not only was what she did probably illegal, but also as low of a blow as possible. A vindictive, gold digging girlfriend tapes an argument and sends it to TMZ.

But in this day and age, it doesn't surprise me that people are jumping all over a tweet of a slice of a quote from Donald Trump rather than reading the actual article and using it to justify why he'd be a bad owner for the Bills.

Like teams themselves, I think the leagues understands that more colorful owners contribute to selling the league, NOT a Donald Sterling type, but like Mark Cuban, the Maloofs (for awhile), Jerry Jones and a few others have done, they keep the leagues in the headlines and can be a productive source of good PR, not always, mind you, but usually. I'm really not sure how the owners would view Trump, he would certainly add some spice and controversy.

I see your point but it's still all about players. If the Bills were winning, they will be in the news. Honestly, Trump is hard for a lot of people to stomach. Personally, I think everything he does is an act to get press. But he's the exact opposite of a guy I'd want as an owner. A Rooney type works for me.