Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said it before, I dont care who owns the BIlls as long as they stay in Buffalo

CBF

First priority is keeping the team in Bflo of course, but after that, I'd prefer Jacobs, Pegula, Golisano, Rich, and/or Bon Jovi over Trump.

Trump is a cartoon not to be taken seriously, but he would be better than losing them. Although not by much.

Edited by Campy

First priority is keeping the team in Bflo of course, but after that, I'd prefer Jacobs, Pegula, Golisano, Rich, and/or Bon Jovi over Trump.

Trump is a cartoon not to be taken seriously, but he would be better than losing them. Although not by much.

bon jovi over trump???? no way, just my opinion.. Edited by dwight in philly

I agree with you...but let me say this, RW was an incredible owner on so many levels and yet, he was routinely flamed on this board for being "cheap" and a "has been" owner...yet, his foresight in the current CBA gets pushed under the carpert and despite the many laymen's opinions of the current state of the BILLS, he did a lot to help insure the BILLS stay in WNY and yet, he is still ridiculed in this forum....so, while I would support any owner who keeps the BILLS in Buffalo / WNY, there should be some qualification with that statement, that I do NOT want to listen to more belly-aching about how bad the new owner is / might be if he / she makes decisions contrary to what the majority of the board believes *should* happen...I would just be happy for them to stay in Buffalo and hope they keep the current hierarchy and build a consistent winner.....

Ralph Wilson was bashed for good reason, for all the good he did for the NFL this team has flat out SUCKED outside the Bill polian era and its fact. Ralph HAS been cheap when it comes to GM/HC choices. There is no way around this Ralph deserved a ton of the crap people ripped him for. This team has flat sucked and NO moves were made without his blessing. We need an owner willing to do whatever it takes to field a winner

No it isn't. First order is to do what it takes to make the Bills a winner. If that means keeping them in Buffalo so be it. A new owner isn't going to be Ralph and accept lowest ticket prices in the NFL, he is going to expect the community to pay to help keep them here. So what I dont' want to hear is when Bills season ticket holders and ticket buyers bitching and whining when prices go up. And to keep the team here that is the minimum that will happen.

Ralph Wilson was bashed for good reason, for all the good he did for the NFL this team has flat out SUCKED outside the Bill polian era and its fact. Ralph HAS been cheap when it comes to GM/HC choices. There is no way around this Ralph deserved a ton of the crap people ripped him for. This team has flat sucked and NO moves were made without his blessing. We need an owner willing to do whatever it takes to field a winner

No it isn't. First order is to do what it takes to make the Bills a winner. If that means keeping them in Buffalo so be it. A new owner isn't going to be Ralph and accept lowest ticket prices in the NFL, he is going to expect the community to pay to help keep them here. So what I dont' want to hear is when Bills season ticket holders and ticket buyers bitching and whining when prices go up. And to keep the team here that is the minimum that will happen.

^^^^Case in point....we shall agree to disagree....but a new owner, does not mean a better one...

So, you'd rather lose the team with Bon Jovi than keep the team with Trump???

<snip>

You are speaking from a prospective owner's perspective. I was speaking from a fan's - or more accurately, my - perspective.

Frankly, I'm surprised you would even bother to comment since it appears you believe the team will be gone soon...

Edited by Campy

So, you'd rather lose the team with Bon Jovi than keep the team with Trump???

No, I'd rather have Bon Jovi buy them - provided they remain in Bflo - than Trump. Look for the part that says "The first priority is keeping the team in Bflo of course..."

Edited by Campy

No, I'd rather have Bon Jovi buy them - provided they remain in Bflo - than Trump. Look for the part that says "The first priority is keeping the team in Bflo of course..."

Bon Jovi is buying the team with the guy from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. He would be buying them with the intention of Toronto. That's why no one wants him.

Bon Jovi is buying the team with the guy from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. He would be buying them with the intention of Toronto. That's why no one wants him.

That's what most people - including myself - believe would be most likely, but it's not certain. And I would rather see Bon Jovi and his buddies with MLSE own the team assuming the team stays in Buffalo than have Trump buy them and keep them in Buffalo.

The real players for ownership of the Bills will remain quiet throughout the process.

This... notice you don't see Pegula, Gollisano, Jacobs, Rich or anyone else yacking. The Donald just is hoping to get his name on ESPN. If I'm wrong and he buys the team and keeps them in WNY, shame on me.

That's what most people - including myself - believe would be most likely, but it's not certain. And I would rather see Bon Jovi and his buddies with MLSE own the team assuming the team stays in Buffalo than have Trump buy them and keep them in Buffalo.

Why would MLSE have any interest in buying a team and keeping them in Buffalo? I don't think that Is even debatable or a consideration.

The real players for ownership of the Bills will remain quiet throughout the process.

Absolutely. Why would you bid against yourself BEFORE the investment banks have done their due diligence and established a true value?

Bon Jovi bon voyageeeee

GO BILLS!!!

I haven't read through this thread, so I'm sure I'm probably the fiftieth person to say this, but: I can't believe we're in a position where I'm hoping that Donald Trump buys the Bills.

I think this is more true of investment groups that would be likely to move the Bills out of WNY. If a potential buyer is serious about keeping them in WNY (as the Donald says he is), then the press coverage would help the sale. In fact, I will guess that whoever buys the Bills (whether they plan to keep them in WNY or not) will express their desire to keep them in Buffalo-- right up until the time that they don't.

I should stop posting on this subject. I'm getting to be a real downer.

A new owner would be smart to say they would strongly prefer to keep the Bills in Buffalo, but that long term it would depend on progress in the stadium working group. This allows them to negotiate on the amount of subsidies. We don't know how much the state and county are willing to kick in for a new stadium, but we know that number is not $0 (since they kicked in money for the improvements in the last lease). The higher that number is the better chance we have to keep the Bills. You may feel taxpayers should not pay, but objectively the more money put up by NYS the greater the chance the Bills stay. Since Trump already said he would keep them here I am guessing he is not really serious but just looking for good PR.

People can B word about Donald all they want. I bet he will make a great owner. He sure as hell will get us a brand new state of the art stadium. Which means jobs. With the stadium comes top of the line hotels ( to host a Super Bowl, NCAA tournament and wrestle mania) look up how much money New Orleans just made off wrestle mania. Trump is good at developing properties. People want Bon jovi over trump seriously? Trump is a business man and I guarantee he won't put up with the losing that Ralph did for decades.