First round pick must be a pass rusher.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with literally nothing in the original post:

With the loss of Byrd at FS, I'm convinced we will go after a DE to go with Mario on the opposite side. Corey Grahams a good enough DB, but those are some huge shoes to fill back there. I'm not too confident in Aaron Williams back there, either.

Our defensive backfield didn't have such a great year last year, and hopefully the injury bug takes a longer tour in another city this year. As they say, a consistant pass rush does wonders for the secondary. I'm lookin for the bills to be aggressive and go after either Mack or Clowney.

Priorities are WR, ORT, 3-down LB. Aaron Williams is very good as a Safety. Byrd missed much of last year - his loss is recoverable. Graham will take over the spot with ease. Hughes generated plenty of pressure.

No to Lewan. If the top 2 OTs are gone move to plan B.

what if the plan B is a DE.

DE for me is not so crazy,but only in a trade down scenario, and around 20-25 pick, in 2nd round or one of the extra picks of trade

what if the plan B is a DE.

DE for me is not so crazy,but only in a trade down scenario, and around 20-25 pick, in 2nd round or one of the extra picks of trade

Unfortunately that's the way I feel about the options too.

I don't like Lewan for 2 reasons...character concerns & competition. I think that you must factor in the low level of competition played within the Big 10 and the weak non-conference schedules when you rank their players. They are simply not going up against NFL caliber competition. My one memory of Lewan is how he performed against USC in the bowl game 2 years ago. Remember that hit where Clowney knocked the RB's helmet off?

I think that their best bet at 9 is WR (Evans).

I don't like TE at 9 plus the Bills have signed 4 TEs to new contracts in the past 10 months, but if trading back is not possible this may be the next "best" option.

I don't think that there will be a DE worthy of the slot.

I don't think that there will be a LB worthy of the slot.

Unfortunately that's the way I feel about the options too.

I don't like Lewan for 2 reasons...character concerns & competition. I think that you must factor in the low level of competition played within the Big 10 and the weak non-conference schedules when you rank their players. They are simply not going up against NFL caliber competition. My one memory of Lewan is how he performed against USC in the bowl game 2 years ago. Remember that hit where Clowney knocked the RB's helmet off?

I think that their best bet at 9 is WR (Evans).

I don't like TE at 9 plus the Bills have signed 4 TEs to new contracts in the past 10 months, but if trading back is not possible this may be the next "best" option.

I don't think that there will be a DE worthy of the slot.

I don't think that there will be a LB worthy of the slot.

Does picking up Mike Williams change your mind at all BB? If there is no one that is a perfect fit for our needs, Tampa now looks like a likely candidate for picking up Evans at 7, and that means there's a good chance a very talented player who isn't a perfect hit might slide to #9 and suddenly we have some tasty trade bait.

Man...Williams has had so many issues...if he can keep his head together he gives the team a terrific option. He's talented and I hope that Moore can get him to be on his best behavior on & off the field.

The Bills are really a wild card. They could go in any direction including trading up or down.

I hate the thought of a TE at 9, I just don't see it. So, I'd say OT at 9 or WR. If they trade up I think it will be for a DE. If they trade down I think it will be for a TE.

And I'm probably 100% wrong on all of those!

We need an OT at some point, but unless we trade down I say no to OT in round one. How many top 10 OT picks have helped a team turn the corner? The great teams have strong O lines, but they are mostly mid-late first round choices, or later. When you draft in the top 10 you need a game changer, which is rarely a single OL player.

Edited by Big C

For a team going to Schwartz's version of the 4-3, they sure don't have many pure DE's. Outside of Mario I don't see one. Hughes isn't an every down player and Alan Branch isn't suited to being a 4-3 DE either.

They need help at safety, RT, and TE. But nowhere on the roster is the need more acute than at defensive end. Not saying that's where they have to go, but it's sure a big issue.

If were going pass rusher I want Anthony Barr and plop him right down at the RDE spot opposite Mario for the rest of Mario's career and watch both of them become hall of Famers.

Mark it down, Barr will be the best defensive player in this draft.

I don't understand how the posters on this blog are so high on Khalil Mack, but not so for Anthony Barr. All of their measurables are equivalent. Mack may be stronger in the bench press but they are on par everywhere else.

I don't understand how the posters on this blog are so high on Khalil Mack, but not so for Anthony Barr. All of their measurables are equivalent. Mack may be stronger in the bench press but they are on par everywhere else.

I can only speak for myself but it comes down to consistency and production. Barr has moments of domination but times when he disappears. He was much better the season before last (so was Clowney I guess). In addition as a converted RB Barr is a boom or bust guy to me. I think that both Mack and Barr have high ceilings but I think that Mack's floor is much higher. To me Mack is a solid starter for 8-10 years (think Manny Lawson's career) at his worst. At Barr's worst he could be Maybin (not likely) but possible.

I can only speak for myself but it comes down to consistency and production. Barr has moments of domination but times when he disappears. He was much better the season before last (so was Clowney I guess). In addition as a converted RB Barr is a boom or bust guy to me. I think that both Mack and Barr have high ceilings but I think that Mack's floor is much higher. To me Mack is a solid starter for 8-10 years (think Manny Lawson's career) at his worst. At Barr's worst he could be Maybin (not likely) but possible.

Being a converted RB should only help his cause. He hasn't played the position long but has been a terror and disrupter in the PAC 10. He's known to be a "QB Killer" and as far as a comparison to Maybin he's 30 lbs heavier. Maybin problem was that he could be blocked by a RB, not so with Barr.

Being a converted RB should only help his cause. He hasn't played the position long but has been a terror and disrupter in the PAC 10. He's known to be a "QB Killer" and as far as a comparison to Maybin he's 30 lbs heavier. Maybin problem was that he could be blocked by a RB, not so with Barr.

I don't want the Maybin comment taken out of context. I like Barr. I just don't like him as much as Mack for the reasons that I mentioned above. One thing that I want in a top 10 pick is a high floor, high ceiling guy if at all possible. Mack, Watkins, Robinson and Clowney fit that for me.

I look at Matthews and Barr as kind of opposites. Matthews will be solid to good for a long time. He is extremely safe. I personally don't think that he will ever be great. Barr could be great but he could be a bust.

We need an OT at some point, but unless we trade down I say no to OT in round one. How many top 10 OT picks have helped a team turn the corner? The great teams have strong O lines, but they are mostly mid-late first round choices, or later. When you draft in the top 10 you need a game changer, which is rarely a single OL player.

Bills arent turning the corner yet.

Still trying to hold their ground.

Build the foundation with that line and open up that playbook Nate !

So we are going to go for continuous years of biulding D line....we finally have it....and now we are going to take ANOTHER one when other places have so much need?

I'm looking for Barr to play OLB personally. As far as our D line, it's not as complete as you think. Without referencing the depth chart, name a D lineman after Mario, Kyle, Marcel, Hughes and Alan. One injury there and we're screwed. The Bills got killed last year on 3rd and long. They need to correct that area of play. One way to fix that problem is by having a great, not good, pass rush. A player like Barr can help with that effort.

So we are going to go for continuous years of biulding D line....we finally have it....and now we are going to take ANOTHER one when other places have so much need?

Still need a DE though.

I'm looking for Barr to play OLB personally. As far as our D line, it's not as complete as you think. Without referencing the depth chart, name a D lineman after Mario, Kyle, Marcel, Hughes and Alan. One injury there and we're screwed. The Bills got killed last year on 3rd and long. They need to correct that area of play. One way to fix that problem is by having a great, not good, pass rush. A player like Barr can help with that effort.

Branch and Charles are the DT rotation now. The Bills have interior pass rushers with Dareus and Kyle. and them Mario and then Hughes. Lawson can even speed rush. set the edge and cover a bit

We need a DE who can play balanced