First round pick must be a pass rusher.

I agree with kelly strong, Aaron Williams is now a second year converted safety. Converted from mediocre/bad corner. Right with you on that, it concerns me. I think we planned for Byrds departure a year ago when we took Meeks and D. Williams . With Searcy (underrated) and a steal of a mid round pick to back up Aaron Williams would probably give the necessary depth to make me more comfortable.

With DE(pass rusher) in the first, I also agree.. Formerly in the draft Evans camp, I've been thrown for a loop with the mike williams signing. Personally I don't even know that he makes the roster, I haven't seen him do much in the league so far. That being said what rusher would be available or worth the 9th pick. Does anyone think it would be Mack or Clowney? I don't. In my opinion, they would trade back in the first if it's pass rusher.

Offensive line is obviously the biggest need and if we traded back for two seconds.. Use them BOTH on OL.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 9 we pick the best football player available regardless of position. Only possible exceptions are RB and QB if OBD is really in love with our QBs.

We seem to be improved in several positions we were weak in a month ago. A WR like Evans or Watkins would be great. So would an OLineman or DE if they are the best. If it's a tie, I give the nod to WRs because even with Williams we're still weak at WR IMHO. I don't think we can count on Williams keeping his act together. Hopefully he does, but we have to be prepared if he does not.